Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds - Xbox

30 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Anybody getting this tomorrow? I know it has been a big hit on PC. Personally never played it but it sounds like good fun. Only 20 quid aswell. 

Its amazing on the PC but sadly i can only see it going the same way as Overwatch has on consoles.

10 minutes ago, General Smuts said:

Someone talk me through it please. Like really talk down to me like the idiot I am. I just heard snippets about it on Radio 1 and it sounds interesting.

Everybody jumps out of a plane to get away from the twelve year olds screaming racism over mic as fast as they can. 

You then land on an island. 

Periodically, the playing area gets smaller and smaller and you have to work your way in to the middle. 

The island is full of random weapons and equipment. 

Last man standing wins. 

It's basically the book / film Battle Royale in computer game form. Only everyone is Kiriyama and Mitsuko and nobody is conflicted or traumatised by the violence. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

From the clips I’ve watched the graphics looks horrendous. I get that it’s a massive scope but surely they could do better than that

The game has big potential and it is definitely a work in progress. The graphics are pretty shocking though lol

3 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Does it actually run properly on Xbox yet?

It is certainly playable and quite enjoyable. Sometimes the buildings are bit slow to render once you land but it's not bad. Things are being improved and changed almost daily which is noticeable.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm interested in this but got a question (can't seem to find the answer elsewhere) - if I buy this now, will the rest of the game be free when it's released or would I have to purchase the full version as a separate game? Don't really want to shell out £25 for a demo that a lot of people are saying runs terribly, but it does look fun

58 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I'm interested in this but got a question (can't seem to find the answer elsewhere) - if I buy this now, will the rest of the game be free when it's released or would I have to purchase the full version as a separate game? Don't really want to shell out £25 for a demo that a lot of people are saying runs terribly, but it does look fun

It's early access on Xbox, so more of a work-in-progress than a demo. As they add new stuff to the game it'll just be updated, or at least that's how it works for the PC version. As far as I'm aware the only extra payments are for cosmetic loot boxes, which are optional

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

It is abit slow to render at the start but once the game gets going, it's pretty good. I certainly enjoy it. As above, stuff is being updated and added all the time.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Your paying £25 for the game on the understanding you know it’s work in progress and you will come across bugs and glitches. You are basically guinee pigs for them but in return once the full game is released you already have it. 

Im loving this game and already put a good few hours in on my own and as a duo with my son. I got to the final four the other night and can honestly say I have not come across and issues that have stopped me enjoying the game. 

• 2 weeks later...

Picked this up for £17 off of CD Keys. Really enjoying it so far. Clunky graphics and it's basically a grown up Fortnite but there is so much potential with this game. Once I get the hang of the shooting mechanics I think I'm on to a winner here. Much prefer it in squads than solo.