Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Player of the First Half of the Season

Player of the 1st Half Season  

334 members have voted

1. 1. Player of the 1st Half Season

• Kasper Schmeichel
    • Danny Simpson
    • Wes Morgan
    • Harry Maguire
    • Christian Fuchs
    • Ben Chilwell
    • Vicente Iborra
    • Wilfred Ndidi
    • Riyad Mahrez
    • Marc Albrighton
    • Demarai Gray
    • Shinji Okazaki
    • Jamie Vardy

On 25/12/2017 at 00:48, Beechey said:

As much as I want to vote for Maguire, Mahrez or Vardy, I have to go for Iborra. Him in midfield has absolutely transformed our play style for the better, and he's absolutely class. We're not anywhere near as good without him.

Except when he was rested against Southampton and we banged in 4 goals away from home with arguably our best performance of the season.

• Like 2

Ndidi by a whisker over Mahrez for me.  He's rarely beautiful to watch, but has become the player we suffer most without.

The awesome thing about considering this, a couple months into the Puel era, is how difficult the question is to answer.  There's not much bitching about other posts in this thread -- because each player mentioned has done a job and then some.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, foxesfan98 said:

Except when he was rested against Southampton and we banged in 4 goals away from home with arguably our best performance of the season.

Or the 11 draws/wins we got with him in the squad? Believe it or not, but 3 points is less than 23 (6W, 5D). With Iborra in the squad, we have 23 points, without Iborra we have 4 points.

By all accounts that win was more to do with Southampton being utter dross than us turning into Man City. Of course I didn't get to watch the Southampton game though... :mellow:

Edited by Beechey

14 hours ago, brucey said:

Whoscored has Maguire as our top ranked player over the season so far, for what it's worth!

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/14/Show/England-Leicester

I went for Shinji, we still play noticeably better with him behind Vardy, despite Puel's repeated attempts to shove a winger there.

Plus Shinji's scored a shit load this season, same number of non-penalty goals as Vardy I think, and in less than half of Vardy's minutes.

Intersting…. Thanks for that!

i went for Iborra as I just love watching cultured midfielders

Maguire and Albrighton work tirelessly and have been superb. But the standout for me is Shinji Okazaki.

Doesn't always get the credit he deserves. We look nowhere near as threatening without him on the pitch. Added consistency, fitness and goals to his game this year too. Easily the best strike partner to play alonside Jamie Vardy

Edited by TK95

Maguire by a long way from Okazaki and Ndidi.

I see we have 45 Algerians on the forum and LesterLad voted 9 times for Danny Simpson.

Edited by Guest

17 hours ago, TK95 said:

Maguire and Albrighton work tirelessly and have been superb. But the standout for me is Shinji Okazaki.

Doesn't always get the credit he deserves. We look nowhere near as threatening without him on the pitch. Added consistency, fitness and goals to his game this year too. Easily the best strike partner to play alonside Jamie Vardy

Before the start of this season people were amazed that Shinji is my favourite player. Always gives 100% and has the most infectious smile. It's been great to see him get more credit this season.