Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Player of the First Half of the Season

Player of the 1st Half Season  

334 members have voted

1. 1. Player of the 1st Half Season

• Kasper Schmeichel
    • Danny Simpson
    • Wes Morgan
    • Harry Maguire
    • Christian Fuchs
    • Ben Chilwell
    • Vicente Iborra
    • Wilfred Ndidi
    • Riyad Mahrez
    • Marc Albrighton
    • Demarai Gray
    • Shinji Okazaki
    • Jamie Vardy

I went for Shinji. He hasn't started every game, but he's made a huge difference in any game he's been involved in. He's also scored a lot more goals and is in my opinion the most improved player in the squad.

Maguire would have been my next choice as he's played virtually every game and has made a big impact in a short space of time. Mahrez also deserves a shout, though with him it's more that he has recaptured his form and really he should play like ha has been more consistently.

• Like 2

Voted Maguire as he has far exceeded expectations and been a game changer for us. Definitely special mentions to Iborra (fantastic signing), Okazaki (has upped his game and seems even fitter now), Mahrez, refinding most of his great form and Simpson who never lets us down

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo
  • Like 2

Can't decide between Ndidi, Shinji and Maguire. Mahrez and Vardy have massively contributed to our position and points too. And Vardy's new role has undoubtedly massively helped Mahrez and Gray. Ndidi's age and improvement are impressive. And without Iborra I doubt we'd be where we are.

Edited by Foxxed

Difficult choice, this.

I can't really put my finger on one specific player up to this point, our success has been more of a team effort.

Mahrez sticks out because of his goals and assists, Vardy does well up front, too. Add to that Okazaki's contribution, Albrighton being solid and Maguire having a very good first season with us.

Due to the novelty factor, I'd probably go with Maguire, closely followed by Mahrez, Vardy, then Okazaki and Albrighton.

Puel....Rekindled and found new motivation, got every single player upping their games,

dared to give the young-guns their reigns/and slap leather holsters.

2nd..Appleton..got on with the job in hand, great supporting role when we needed it..

The players had their chance to shine, alone and lay claim, but needed someone outside to reawake

Their expected duties, to an acceptable level.They couldnt lift themselves despite that friend..

31 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

More votes for Ndidi than Morgan and Iborra....how on earth?

imo, he is a top 5 player in the club best player. and apart from him having amazing tackling stats, he is a corner stone to this team and our only DM (plus, i think he improved this season).

people just don't rate wes because he hoofs it even though he was amazing as of late, and iborra was inconsistent so i get why

Edited by the fox

Tough one. Iborra, Maguire Mahrez to an extent all deserve it.

- Iborra made DD hardly missed and is bossing the midfield. 

- Maguire is growing into one of the finest PL defenders. His vision and ability on the ball is rare for a defender. Signing of the season so far and it will be hard to keep him next summer. The (sometimes costly) mistakes will be ironed out with time and more experience.

- Mahrez is back to his best. There already were signs of a form regain under Shakey but Puel is doing a fantastic job with him. Aside from his howler against WHU, his magic is working again and he's a pleasure to watch.

Big shout to Shinji and Vardy. Honorable mention to Morgan and Simpson.

Edit: Went for Mahrez.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Beechey said:

As much as I want to vote for Maguire, Mahrez or Vardy, I have to go for Iborra. Him in midfield has absolutely transformed our play style for the better, and he's absolutely class. We're not anywhere near as good without him.

Touché, he gets my vote :) 

Mahrez by quite a distance really. He is a level above where we currently are. 

I think there are probably four or five in the level below him this season. They include Vardy, Maguire, Okazaki and Morgan. 

Edited by Viva

29 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

People will only base it on the last game I’d guess...  we all seem to have relatively short term memories on here!

Maguire would be a worthy selection anyway

Whoscored has Maguire as our top ranked player over the season so far, for what it's worth!

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/14/Show/England-Leicester

I went for Shinji, we still play noticeably better with him behind Vardy, despite Puel's repeated attempts to shove a winger there.

Plus Shinji's scored a shit load this season, same number of non-penalty goals as Vardy I think, and in less than half of Vardy's minutes.

Edited by brucey
  • Like 2