Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Player of the First Half of the Season

Player of the 1st Half Season  

334 members have voted

1. 1. Player of the 1st Half Season

• Kasper Schmeichel
    • Danny Simpson
    • Wes Morgan
    • Harry Maguire
    • Christian Fuchs
    • Ben Chilwell
    • Vicente Iborra
    • Wilfred Ndidi
    • Riyad Mahrez
    • Marc Albrighton
    • Demarai Gray
    • Shinji Okazaki
    • Jamie Vardy

It's a hard one this. I don't think there's been a real consensus so far unlike in previous seasons, despite the fact we've had a good first half to the season.

Personally for me it's been Wes Morgan who's been consistently beastly and having a great Indian summer when many of us (myself included) had written him off as over the hill in the summer.

Okazali probably second for me, he's definitely having hid best season for us so far.

Vardy, Maguire, Mahrez, Iborra and Gray have all been outstanding at times too though have all had dips in form too.

Edited by Sampson

2 minutes ago, Beechey said:

As much as I want to vote for Maguire, Mahrez or Vardy, I have to go for Iborra. Him in midfield has absolutely transformed our play style for the better, and he's absolutely class. We're not anywhere near as good without him.

As much as i would love to give Iborra everything possible... Shinji has had to get my vote. I love our likkle happy monkey

• Like 1

i got mahrez (. the most goals+assists, the team only won 3 points when he didn't contribute to a goal compared to 24 out of 27. all the players had bad games, it's down to how many point winning preformances and that's riyad

Edited by the fox

Mahrez, consistently been a threat in games and won us points single handedly. There'll be a hint of recency bias with Maguire leading so far but personally Morgan's been better defensively than Harry. Honourable mentions to Iborra, Shinji, Vardy, N'Didi, Simpson and Gray too. 

Moreover it's brilliant having a storming 'normal' season were we're not wildly inconsistent and streaky. All credit to Puel for developing our style of play and getting us on the front foot more often.

I Voted Mahrez but somewhere Ibora was maybe the big change of Leicester’s game . It become a more organized and more nice to watch ( no more long balls to vardy from the defenders they try to build a classic attak) ! Until now all Leicester team is outstanding 8 point from the thirth in the table come on Leicester !  

Harry Maguire for me. Sure he makes a few mistakes but he's been mostly excellent and can always be relied upon to take a game by the scruff of the neck and make something happen. Seems to really appreciate the fans as well.

Helps that he's just banged in a 94th minute equaliser against United too.

• Like 1

shocked mahrez is not running away with, maguire has had a few really good games but has made way too many mistakes for a centre half to be considered our best player up to now, tbh wes has had a better year

(not saying i dont love or rate maguire, just everyone's going overboard cause we havent seen a centre half who can control the ball since 1980)

• Like 3

Harry Maguire - Had a little spell where he looked average; however when he's delivered he has been by far our best player.

After him then Shinji, Wes and Wilf have all done well imo. Shinji has been a man possessed this season, Big Wes has been fairly consistent after getting unnecessary criticism by clueless fans, while Ndidi has put in incredible effort after basically having to try and control our midfield by himself at times.

Edited by kingfox

9 hours ago, the fox said:

i got mahrez (. the most goals+assists, the team only won 3 points when he didn't contribute to a goal compared to 24 out of 27. all the players had bad games, it's down to how many point winning preformances and that's riyad

Wow I did not see that coming lollol

• Haha 4

shinji is close, the CB's must be doing something right as we're generally not shipping too many goals (bad example this week though) however I vote Mahrez, so easy to overlook as he's just doing what we know he's capable of but he has a magic a class above anything else, a joy to watch and becoming more integral to us getting results once again. 

• Like 2

Maguire will get it cos he is English and shows heart and has good talent 

Mahrez deserves it for me just for knuckling down and proving to be a “regular champions league club” quality player he is and wants to be 

vardy would have to be in the mix he is looking a little like the 2015/16 Vardy at present and that Vardy was virtually world class 

all in all Shaky going and Claude arriving (who else was on at 8/1 4 days before it was announced lol ) has been the moment of the season 

looking forward to winning the FA Cup now 

• Like 1