Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
22 hours ago, David Guiza said:

I've only been away for a couple of years but you do notice it more when you come back. Nowhere near as bad as some regions, but it's not great!

 

Also, I had absolutely no idea that saying 'straight the way' was incorrect until my fiancee pointed it out a while back. I then went and Googled it and the top link was 'are you from Leicester?'. My teachers have a lot to answer for. 

This is true. When I was back over Xmas I realised most people I know have a thick Lestah accent. I never realised how annoying the accent is. Especially when two middle aged women and talking to each other "Aaaaawwwwwww reaaaaaaaaaalleh" "Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa".

 

I think I have been saying "straight the way" as well. I feel betrayed.

Posted
6 hours ago, lgfualol said:

This is true. When I was back over Xmas I realised most people I know have a thick Lestah accent. I never realised how annoying the accent is. Especially when two middle aged women and talking to each other "Aaaaawwwwwww reaaaaaaaaaalleh" "Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa".

 

I think I have been saying "straight the way" as well. I feel betrayed.

GIH OFF MEH YER****IN BASTUDDDD

Posted
2 hours ago, FIF said:

And only a week back in Leicester reverts you to it.

 

It’s funny how your accent can change at all though. I spent a few years travelling with two Rhodesians and ended up speaking just like them, yet I lost it pretty much straight away afterwards. 

Posted
14 hours ago, Buce said:

 

It’s funny how your accent can change at all though. I spent a few years travelling with two Rhodesians and ended up speaking just like them, yet I lost it pretty much straight away afterwards. 

Are you sure it wasn't straight the way? ? 

  • Haha 1
Posted

I love the Leicester accent.

 

Ive probably mentioned it before, but obviously 40+ years away means you lose it very clearly. However, The first time i went home (1990's) when i returned to Oz, they assumed i was on holidays to Oz as i had picked it up again.

 

But, when i returned in 2010-2012 i really noticed my aussie accent especially when standing singing in the Kop ...when the song was... "Get in to em..F**k em up".

 

The aussie accent on "F**K" and "Up"... is verrrry apparent.

 

lol also ordering a coop of tea at the caravan at the match at Kettering, the poor old tea lady had me repeat it three times :)

Posted
17 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

I love the Leicester accent.

 

Ive probably mentioned it before, but obviously 40+ years away means you lose it very clearly. However, The first time i went home (1990's) when i returned to Oz, they assumed i was on holidays to Oz as i had picked it up again.

 

But, when i returned in 2010-2012 i really noticed my aussie accent especially when standing singing in the Kop ...when the song was... "Get in to em..F**k em up".

 

The aussie accent on "F**K" and "Up"... is verrrry apparent.

 

lol also ordering a coop of tea at the caravan at the match at Kettering, the poor old tea lady had me repeat it three times :)

Flaming Sheilas 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...