Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I least I've pretty much lost that god awful accent having lived away for 15 years :D

  • Haha 2
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I least I've pretty much lost that god awful accent having lived away for 15 years :D

Lived in Leicester all my life except the last two years but I’ve never had the strong lestah accent. My sister has though bless her. Common as muck lol

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Haha 1
Posted
4 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I least I've pretty much lost that god awful accent having lived away for 15 years :D

I've only been away for a couple of years but you do notice it more when you come back. Nowhere near as bad as some regions, but it's not great!

 

Also, I had absolutely no idea that saying 'straight the way' was incorrect until my fiancee pointed it out a while back. I then went and Googled it and the top link was 'are you from Leicester?'. My teachers have a lot to answer for. 

  • Like 2
Posted
4 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

I've only been away for a couple of years but you do notice it more when you come back. Nowhere near as bad as some regions, but it's not great!

 

Also, I had absolutely no idea that saying 'straight the way' was incorrect until my fiancee pointed it out a while back. I then went and Googled it and the top link was 'are you from Leicester?'. My teachers have a lot to answer for. 

I didn’t know that either lol

  • Like 1
Posted

I lost my Leicester accent decades ago. However when I went into the local Boots, the girl at the prescription counter asked me if   I  came from" Lestah".  I was quite taken aback. "I knew it", she said. "So do I" :ermm:

  • Like 2
Posted
32 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

"I'm a lesbian."

 

Hmmm. Maybe you're just wasted.

Harsh to say all lesbians are wasted, where would all of the female golfers come from?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...