Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Cheltenham 2018

3 hours ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

You lent a bookie a wedge of cash interest free ! He will never run in Supreme , he would miss Chelt for aintree If the Ballymore was out 

It's a long shot based on loads of rain. It's NRNB so I don't care! 

Day one 

Supreme: Paloma Bleu 
                 Summerhillboy 
Both Eachway 

Arkle : footpad nap 

Ultima Chase: cou star Sivola (nick Williams) 16/1

Champion hurdle: Wicklow Brave (without fav) eachway 

Close brothers: Rather Be or 
Cobra de mai (Skelton)

Albert bartlet 4 Miler Fagan eachway

day two 

Ballymore: samcro penalty 

Coral cup: Bleu et Rouge eachway 

RSA: presenting Percy or 
Monalee , I’ll stick with monalee 

Champion chase : altior nap 

Cross country race : cause if causes 

Fred winter : esprit de samosa : eachway 
Nouve Negra eachway

bumper Danny Kirwan 

day three 

JLT novices : invitation only (possible) 
Kemp boy (mullins) 

Pertemps : tommy rapper (eachway) 
 Who dares wins eachway 

Ryanair chase : un de seaux 
Balko des flos (each way)

Stayers: supersundae win
Becardy’s (eachway) 

Browns advisory plate : Kings socks  16/1 / eachway 

Kim muir 

Squartour ( Jamie codd / JP ) If he doesn’t get in  then it’s Mall din ( fancied)

Day four

Triumph : mister ajudicator 8/1 eachway 
Farclas cover bet e/w

County hurdle: moon racer 33/1 eachway 
Max dynamite thrown in 

Albert bartlet : 

Next destination (if he runs) NAP

Gold cup 
Edwulf 25/1 eachway 

John Henderson chase:
 : vanetaux / don’t touch it

1 hour ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Sizing John our pelvis fracture , mite bite is a plodder he will be hard to beat now 

Even if he goes sideways lol

Gold cup is meant to be the highlight of the week. Yet for me it's been a terrible standard the last 2 years.

Hoping UDS now hacks up in the Ryanair and my 20/1 double with native river at least becomes very layable.

In that field now. Wouldn't rule out djakadam for a place. Never been tip draw for me but knows what it takes to get up the hill even if never in front.

And killutagh vic could now be worth an e/w but there's no outstanding horse in that field for me.

Been backing Getabird for about the last 3 months consistantly at varying prices so if that wins will set my week right up for some bookie bashing! Nap of the week is Un de Sceaux, who was my lay of the meeting last year but has completely won me over.

Can easily see the 4 faves winning on Tuesday should the ground come up okay. Might put them all in a lucky 15 like I did the year Annie Power fell to cost me hundreds. 

Nicky Henderson to be top trainer at 11/4 is very tasty. Gets his horses primed for this week and has at least 4 very good chances in the big races.

59 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Kalashnikov surely has a great chance  taking on Getabird with the ground looking like it'll be closer to Soft going. 

Fancied Kalashnikov for weeks. Gonna stick £20 with skybet. Currently 4/1 might get smashed into 11/4 on the day. Getabird already on a slight drift. 

Really struggling to put together a strong list of fancies which is unsettling me. Done a lot of research but I'm just not finding it easy this year. Will keep stakes sensible until I get a feel for how the festival is going.

Slate House e/w in the opener, I think the top of the betting looks weak in this. Kalashnikov has been promising but can't touch it at that price. Sharjah is decent value but I think Tizzards will at least place so seeing what extra places are available from the bookies. Have already had a nibble at 40/1.

1 hour ago, Marmite said:

Anyone been to Cheltenham before? Daft question but do you struggle to get 3G signal there as I plan to bet on my app. I know what’s it’s like down city when everyone is trying to get 3G In the ground 

It’s very hard in the betting ring ,  but last year we had Wifi in our box , should be ok for 4g in places as they boost the signals on all the main stand masts , just jo and stand out on the lawn in club between races and it should be ok 

I'll be honest and say I have very little idea about horse racing and how to pick/eliminate horses from a race to pick a winner. But I do love Cheltenham because it's a spectacle and a super event I definitely look forward to. 

Here are my selections for the first day (prepare for this to be nowhere near at the end of day 1): 

Summerville Boy e/w

Footpad

Vintage Clouds e/w

Buveur D'Air

Apples Jade

9 hours ago, Marmite said:

Anyone been to Cheltenham before? Daft question but do you struggle to get 3G signal there as I plan to bet on my app. I know what’s it’s like down city when everyone is trying to get 3G In the ground 

They have free on course wifi. 

most of it has passed me by this year cos i'm missing most of it cos i'm on holiday in berlin tomorrow morn til friday morn. sam spinner wins the stayers and that's the only bet i've had. will get stuck in on GC day with those winnings i guess. 

More Rain overnight, and they are now saying heavy, soft in places, could be a mud bath by the end of day 1, could make it a really interesting week, but for all the wrong reasons (in my head anyway) this could throw up some interesting winners, and ruin a lot of people's Antepost bets, but I guess that's all part of the fun.

Gutted not to be going this year, so I've already book my bed for next year, and plan to do Tues-Thurs. Gonna try and get away with working mornings only after today, and get home for the 1st race everyday, envious of anyone going.

@Bert what time do they but the options on the Fantasy League? I know it's normally on the day, but can't remember what sort of time.

20 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

More Rain overnight, and they are now saying heavy, soft in places, could be a mud bath by the end of day 1, could make it a really interesting week, but for all the wrong reasons (in my head anyway) this could throw up some interesting winners, and ruin a lot of people's Antepost bets, but I guess that's all part of the fun.

Gutted not to be going this year, so I've already book my bed for next year, and plan to do Tues-Thurs. Gonna try and get away with working mornings only after today, and get home for the 1st race everyday, envious of anyone going.

@Bert what time do they but the options on the Fantasy League? I know it's normally on the day, but can't remember what sort of time.

It's normally 24 hours before the race so you'll be able to choose selections today. 

Could be some big priced winners this week. First flow in the supreme loves the heavy ground. Currently 10/1. 

• Thanks 1

ok i lies i’ve tempted myself to back chtibello @ 50s for the champion. won on heavy before, beat MTOY on heavy, finished a gallant half length behind the new one on heavy recently too. 50s is too big for one that should stay round in these conditions. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bert said:

It's normally 24 hours before the race so you'll be able to choose selections today. 

Could be some big priced winners this week. First flow in the supreme loves the heavy ground. Currently 10/1. 

Cheers, just logged in and it says before 1pm today.

Dame Rose at 80/1 in the opener tomorrow is outrageous. I was all over Slate House for this but I'm going to have to have a nibble at 80's. I'd got her lined up for the mares hurdle on Thursday as she was being under-estimated for that by the bookies but I could easily see her pinch a place tomorrow.