Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Cheltenham 2018

Not long until the greatest week of Horse Racing, as usual I've got the whole week off work. It's my stag do on Gold Cup/St Paddy's Day so that's going to be a blood bath.

What horses have impressed you so far this season? Supasundae's win over Faugheen on Saturday was impressive. It's an under-rated horse who won well at Cheltenham last year and thankfully I was on that and this recent win both at good odds. It was 25/1 on Friday night which was outrageous given Faugheen has some question marks over it, as does Melon. Anyway it went off at 8's and duly won but even so the opening price was crazy. Jessica Harrington and Robbie Power are becoming my favourite team of trainer and jockey and I hope they have another great year.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not long until the greatest week of Horse Racing, as usual I've got the whole week off work. It's my stag do on Gold Cup/St Paddy's Day so that's going to be a blood bath.

What horses have impressed you so far this season? Supasundae's win over Faugheen on Saturday was impressive. It's an under-rated horse who won well at Cheltenham last year and thankfully I was on that and this recent win both at good odds. It was 25/1 on Friday night which was outrageous given Faugheen has some question marks over it, as does Melon. Anyway it went off at 8's and duly won but even so the opening price was crazy. Jessica Harrington and Robbie Power are becoming my favourite team of trainer and jockey and I hope they have another great year.

You're getting married?!! ... To a horse... ? :ermm::ph34r::D

Really looking forward to this years, got the whole week off for first time for it and going on the Champions Day Tuesday, looks like it should be some day with some of the potential match ups! First year I've dabbled in the antepost market so no doubt none of those ****ers will come in lol

Samcro and Foot Pad for me both absolute beasts.

Tottally agree about Robbie Power to intresting to see James Brown young jockey that has a big future as well as Byrony Frost will def have a couple of winners. It should be a cracking festival going to be hard to find value though i feel especially if we get good conditions.

• Like 1

Blue Et Rouge 20/1 eachway For Coral Cup hurdle seems to be on a good mark at 145/146 he needs a trip and is a grade one winner  running in a handicap , I have seen he is entered this weekend and I think this weekend may be a Prep over 2 miles before he steps up to 2m 5f of the coral 

On 08/02/2018 at 20:27, NorthfieldsFox said:

Blue Et Rouge 20/1 eachway For Coral Cup hurdle seems to be on a good mark at 145/146 he needs a trip and is a grade one winner  running in a handicap , I have seen he is entered this weekend and I think this weekend may be a Prep over 2 miles before he steps up to 2m 5f of the coral 

Ran a cracker yesterday 

On 06/02/2018 at 11:39, Ric Flair said:

Was on supasundae at 16s on the day last year.

Taken skybet 14/1 today on Altior and native river. Not because I expect native river to win the gold cup. But because if Altior wins 14/1 effectively on the gold cup makes might bite and sizing John value. Although I'd like to see might bite get beat after going sideways last year and still getting up to beat whisper cost me a lot of money last year.

Despite the machines poor outings so far. I would still be tempted on the day as he's unlikely to go off fave so makes him better value for me. Maybe worth a forecast bet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Bump

@Bert you doing the fantasy stable this year? if so could you post details to join your league.

Yes mate I'll be doing it again. Always fun. 

Two weeks tomorrow and funnily enough, I just can't wait. Best week of the year. Going the Thursday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

I got a piece of Samcro at 14/1 NRNB for the Supreme Novices the other day. Just in case he gets switched last minute from the Ballymore because of too soft ground. 

Let me know if your 365 account is still around after Cheltenham, I've avoided for exactly this reason! (Plus it's very unlikely to run) 

5 hours ago, The Bear said:

Why would they close my account? They've already said they'll honour all bets on him and the cash out values. 

I can't help feel it's a bit of a trap and your account will be under more scrutiny for it. 

6 hours ago, The Bear said:

I got a piece of Samcro at 14/1 NRNB for the Supreme Novices the other day. Just in case he gets switched last minute from the Ballymore because of too soft ground. 

You lent a bookie a wedge of cash interest free ! He will never run in Supreme , he would miss Chelt for aintree If the Ballymore was out