Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox 4 Life

Stoke post match 1-1

3 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

I agree with you that we don't appear to be going into games with any real plan. Gray has also been in poor form as has Albrighton. I appreciate that Puel hasn't had time to shape the team in terms of the personnel but I hear people saying that 'he needs this kind of player to do his system' etc and to me we had a lot of variety at the club when he arrived (think of contrast between Slim and Vardy, or James and Silva etc). It's too early to be calling for anything but I am beginning to question what he is really trying to do in terms of the performances and the team direction and i'm also confused as to why he doesn't think some players are good enough despite majority of us thinking that he should be looking to change things.

Was dire to watch today and to be honest I tuned out at 70 mins having had enough. You say James is prem level but I haven't really seen anything to suggest that he's good enough to be playing week in week out for a top 10 side, he's cumbersome on the ball and isn't exactly an effective midfield enforcer/doesn't offer anything creatively. I'm not even sure if he would get into the Stoke or Swansea team to be honest.

Repeat too early....

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

This aint His Squad,we are Holding 8th.People are expecting top much from Puel and the group

Of players,who are in a rebuilding Stage,I fully expected hiccups and indifferent performances.

Trying to Put in Your own ideas,Change slowly our Style and even Ethos ,is Not something done

within a few Months.  Too many posters looking for the easy negatives....

It's hard to draw anything but negatives at the moment. I at least expect him to know by now his best team but he clearly doesn't. that selection today was awful.

18 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Puel has got it wrong too often since Christmas. It's concerning.

How Chilwell is getting in ahead of Fuchs is baffling. How James is getting in ahead of Silva and Iborra is even more baffling.

He speaks a lot about making us better in possession and becoming better at breaking teams down, yet we seem to actually be getting worse in that regard. It's slow, uncreative and lacking technical quality that can make a difference, Mahrez aside.

That's what makes the picking of Chilwell and James even stranger. They are keeping out players that are far superior technically. Today's match was crying out for that technique and yet all three remained on the bench.

I fear he's taken us too far down the road too quickly in terms of the style. We are trying to play a way that doesn't suit a lot of the players in that team.

We were very good at times in Puel's first three months, but I've not seen that level of performance for weeks and weeks. Only picking up 2 points against Swansea and Stoke at home is hard to swallow.

Then Choke in Your Frustration....We aint yet at that Level you think we are...

1 minute ago, Bunyip said:

It's hard to draw anything but negatives at the moment. I at least expect him to know by now his best team but he clearly doesn't. that selection today was awful.

With inconsistent performances,how do you expect him to,Know which selection is His best team.

6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

This aint His Squad,we are Holding 8th.People are expecting top much from Puel and the group

Of players,who are in a rebuilding Stage,I fully expected hiccups and indifferent performances.

Trying to Put in Your own ideas,Change slowly our Style and even Ethos ,is Not something done

If this isn’t his squad, ease off the evolution until he does have the players.

Its his job to get the best out of this squad. Often he has done that, but these last few weeks he has not.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

No the selection was ok,but our top players didnt Take the Initiative with the amount of Possesion

and openings they created,where No commitment to attack the ball was there to be Seen.

Wer we're too slow,that has happened also,with players in the Bench.

11 minutes ago, Ricey said:

If this isn’t his squad, ease off the evolution until he does have the players.

Its his job to get the best out of this squad. Often he has done that, but these last few weeks he has not.

OK Look at of this way,spite poor player performances and Antics,Hes still got us Holding top 8th

Challenge for 7th,plus a decent run in both Cups,with potential to Progress.

Poor critic in Blasting  and hacking-off Puel.

He really doesnt deserve this Type of nonsense laughable critic...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

With inconsistent performances,how do you expect him to,Know which selection is His best team.

Do you think that the inconsistent performances are solely down to the players though? Do you not also think that the tactics and selection play a part of that, it's his job to set them up to play and motivate them. I think we should be good enough to beat Swansea/Stoke at home who have been in terrible form, even if we draw I'd like to see us play well. 

What is he seeing everyday in training that we aren't? What are the coaches doing to improve the side? The short corners are nightmarish.

I'm not calling for Puel to leave, just questioning some of the decisions he seems to be making

Edited by oadby.fox
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

It wasn't Raneri's squad the year we won the Premiership but we played like a unit with counterattacking abilities. Good Managers get the best with what they got. I hate it when people make the excuse  'its not the managers players', not just Leicester but in other clubs as well. 

Claude Puel been around in football with various clubs for along time, he needs to show how good a manager he is from his vast experience, cos other European managers with teams above us are proving very capable of producing the results with their squad. We have players bought for up to 25 to 29m, nearly the same as Klopp paid for some of his overseas players who played outstanding today for Liverpool

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Can’t stand people saying don’t make james the scape goat. It’s got nothing to do with ‘making him the scape goat’. When you’re the worst player on the pitch (from both sides) you’re going to get called out on it. 

Stop defending him because he’s been unlucky with injuries. He’s not a bad footballer but he’s no where near good enough for this team. Not an ounce of creativity, not strong enough, not quick enough, not intelligent enough. You can’t just be a ‘tidy’ player in a midfield 2 that dominates the ball. Not good enough. 

However - I attach absolutely no blame to him. Nor do I attach any blame to Gray. Furthermore - I don’t blame simpson for not suiting this system. Simpson, for example can’t play football. He just can’t. In this system he has to be comfortable with the ball and he isnt. He’s an Excellent defender but when it comes to actively using the ball - that’s not him.  

James is not good enough to play in a PL two. That’s not his fault. 

Gray is not a number 10. Not his fault he’s being played there. 

Today, Watford, Palace, Swansea, City in the cup, lies completely with Puel - and I like him, too. Don’t compare him with shakespeare - we’re not barcelona under Puel but **** me were we terrible under Shakespeare - we’re playing better football now. 

Puel - please, PLEASE - stop playing the deadwood and play the best players, in their best positions.

He started more attacks by winning the ball than Ndidi did today. Certain players getting singled out when the whole team was shit is ludicrous. Vardy, Mahrez and Albrighton were just as bad as the likes of Morgan, Chilwell and James today if not worse.

You talk about Simpson not being able to play football yet that's exactly why James is in the side, because he keeps the ball and rarely gives it away, Iborra for example doesn't do that, he's shown that he can be wasteful in that type of situation.

Gray is being played their at times because we have nobody else. Diabate is a winger, Iheanacho's been just as bad as Gray.

We've made a slight improvement under Puel but he's basically turned us from a shit side into a bang average one, I've not been impressed in the slightest by his leadership.

1 minute ago, KJT said:

It wasn't Raneri's squad the year we won the Premiership but we played like a unit with counterattacking abilities. Good Managers get the best with what they got. I hate it when people make the excuse  'its not the managers players', not just Leicester but in other clubs as well. 

Claude Puel been around in football with various clubs for along time, he needs to show how good a manager he is from his vast experience, cos other European managers with teams above us are proving very capable of producing the results with their squad. We have players bought for up to 25 to 29m, nearly the same as Klopp paid for some of his overseas players who played outstanding today for Liverpool

Did Klopp do it in 6 months, after taking over a team close to relegation positions?  Patience I believe is needed.  Judge him if we are still not great in another year by all means.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

Do you think that the inconsistent performances are solely down to the players though? Do you not also think that the tactics and selection play a part of that, it's his job to set them up to play and motivate them. I think we should be good enough to beat Swansea/Stoke at home who have been in terrible form, even if we draw I'd like to see us play well. 

What is he seeing everyday in training that we aren't? What are the coaches doing to improve the side? The short corners are nightmarish.

I'm not calling for Puel to leave, just questioning some of the decisions he seems to be making

At present,totally yes!!!  To Your 1st question.

Motivation doesnt prevent,in and Out form.

Our poor Return on crosses,Corners and Set pieces,is really down to the Players,their

Descsion making..good in one Game and so-so in the next Game,is down to the

a Players concentration  and in game discipline. Puel needs a Boss in midfield,

We aint got one creative Leader unless Silva can progress Into that role for Next season.

Has mentioned somewhere Else  Ndidi our pivotel Player has been very poor on basics,

in the Last 8-10 Games.Puel can only sit it Out,and Hope Ndidi finds consistency in His form.

Unless..we Go for. James/Iborra/Silva Line Up.

Our tactics on field and  descision making  has been poor.

Morgan is Not the right Boss,to organise our defence or Attack at Corners or Set pieces.

We have No Automatic choice midfield playmaker,unless again  Silva can evolvement Into

that Position....

Every smart Alec,Reckons that they have all the answers,and solutions.

Yeh.ok..:rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Och, bit of a shit game but I just can't get as down about it as some people as this really is a mental league and Puel still is relatively new.  He definitely needs a full window and pre-season before he can be judged properly.  We weren't great and the result was poor but the amount of times I see "disgusting" "pathetic", etc on this forum you would have thought we went on the pitch naked and basically just did shits on photos of Bruce Forsyth for 90 minutes.  Why on earth grown adults go in for such hyperbole I just cannot fathom.  The two teams closest to us drew and lost and one of these teams has spent a fortune.  Were they disgusting?  Are Everton pathetic to lose to Watford?  I dunno, maybes aye, maybes nay but this is a tough league and some teams (including Stoke) are fighting for heir lives.  I hope we play better than today in the future and if we carry on playing like this then obviously things need to change but sweet lord some people have a different dictionary to the one I have if today was disgusting.  Onwards and upwards.  Come on you Foxes!!  X

Post of the day....even Month...Brill.!!!! :thumbup:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, KJT said:

Yeah exactly, how much was Mo Salah 35mil, how much was Slimani (bought the year we won the league)?! 

41 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

At present,totally yes!!!  To Your 1st question.

Motivation doesnt prevent,in and Out form.

Our poor Return on crosses,Corners and Set pieces,is really down to the Players,their

Descsion making..good in one Game and so-so in the next Game,is down to the

a Players concentration  and in game discipline. Puel needs a Boss in midfield,

We aint got one creative Leader unless Silva can progress Into that role for Next season.

Has mentioned somewhere Else  Ndidi our pivotel Player has been very poor on basics,

in the Last 8-10 Games.Puel can only sit it Out,and Hope Ndidi finds consistency in His form.

Unless..we Go for. James/Iborra/Silva Line Up.

Our tactics on field and  descision making  has been poor.

Morgan is Not the right Boss,to organise our defence or Attack at Corners or Set pieces.

We have No Automatic choice midfield playmaker,unless again  Silva can evolvement Into

that Position....

Every smart Alec,Reckons that they have all the answers,and solutions.

Yeh.ok..:rolleyes:

I think the manager and coaching staff have a little bit more influence than your post suggests, surely with regards to setting up for corners (defending or attacking), that is something which is worked on in training and developed. It's possible to go through a bad patch of form but it's the aimlessness sometimes of what we are doing. 

I don't think Silva is Iniesta but from what I've seen he looks good on the ball and can get about the pitch a bit more. He was brought in with a big price tag, is an international with pedigree and I just think he should at least be given a run of games in the side given how the others are performing. I agree that some things like choosing to make a bad pass etc is going to be a fault solely to be rested at the players feet. 

The players we have currently are capable of doing a job, look at how Brighton dismantled Swansea at home today... 

Edited by oadby.fox

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

Fair enough. But this was not just a one-off we have seen our team get progressively worse. I'm sorry but that has to be down to the manager, his team selection and  tactics .

ITS Not His tactics,that is wrong but the Players implementation and Translation...

37 minutes ago, KJT said:

Exactly our PLAYERS,are inconsistent and are making Basic Errors and in game descisions.

Jesus,Nobody attacked the Ball at Corners...thats the Players.Gray still many posters favourites,

has been really lacking in His own Game.

Edited by fuchsntf

56 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

Yeah exactly, how much was Mo Salah 35mil, how much was Slimani (bought the year we won the league)?! 

I think the manager and coaching staff have a little bit more influence than your post suggests, surely with regards to setting up for corners (defending or attacking), that is something which is worked on in training and developed. It's possible to go through a bad patch of form but it's the aimlessness sometimes of what we are doing. 

I don't think Silva is Iniesta but from what I've seen he looks good on the ball and can get about the pitch a bit more. He was brought in with a big price tag, is an international with pedigree and I just think he should at least be given a run of games in the side given how the others are performing. I agree that some things like choosing to make a bad pass etc is going to be a fault solely to be rested at the players feet. 

The players we have currently are capable of doing a job, look at how Brighton dismantled Swansea at home today... 

Come on you aint that silly.  You cant compare any one week with another.

Plus both Swansea and Stoke this week Fell Back in Numbers,and Pack the area when

playing Leicester,Like other average Teams at the KP.

We Just have find a way,to Break down that Type of defending,

but If is really early ,with a Mix of new or Young players.

I agree the Coaching staff have to Sort this Out,but though this has

become apparent to us over 3-4 seasons,the Manager and playing staff ,

have howeverbbeen different each of those seasons...Today WE had Nobody attacking

the crosses,or Corners,so hence there was No continuous pressure,for the Stoke defence.

We werent even clever enough to try and Pick Up the Clearances at pace...that is Players

Game Management and responsibility . Ndidi,Gray Even Simpson Chilwell,should be backing

or Covering each other in such moments.

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

Can’t stand people saying don’t make james the scape goat. It’s got nothing to do with ‘making him the scape goat’. When you’re the worst player on the pitch (from both sides) you’re going to get called out on it. 

Stop defending him because he’s been unlucky with injuries. He’s not a bad footballer but he’s no where near good enough for this team. Not an ounce of creativity, not strong enough, not quick enough, not intelligent enough. You can’t just be a ‘tidy’ player in a midfield 2 that dominates the ball. Not good enough. 

However - I attach absolutely no blame to him. Nor do I attach any blame to Gray. Furthermore - I don’t blame simpson for not suiting this system. Simpson, for example can’t play football. He just can’t. In this system he has to be comfortable with the ball and he isnt. He’s an Excellent defender but when it comes to actively using the ball - that’s not him.  

James is not good enough to play in a PL two. That’s not his fault. 

Gray is not a number 10. Not his fault he’s being played there. 

Today, Watford, Palace, Swansea, City in the cup, lies completely with Puel - and I like him, too. Don’t compare him with shakespeare - we’re not barcelona under Puel but **** me were we terrible under Shakespeare - we’re playing better football now. 

Puel - please, PLEASE - stop playing the deadwood and play the best players, in their best positions.

Some Fans are deadwood when looking at the Squad and Players,so It Balances itself Out over

the season. This I Know better than our Manager approach,in this Period of the season is absolute

Tosh.  

Our Fans on this Forum,are Just has Bad as Shakespeares ideas....

They totally misunderstand the Situation and mis-read every week Squad needs.

Suddenly Gray is Not the man, where a few Months ago He was a must for the Same people

criticising him now. Frustration it seems builds Up unbalanced opinions...

Then they target Individual players...

Edited by fuchsntf

1 hour ago, Gerbold said:

Exactly, and Mahrez is too flaky to approach anywhere near undertaking that role. N'Didi's errors and skill shortcomings are just going to have to be accepted - he's just too good at breaking up attacks and smothering (almost literally) breakaway attacks. For Silva it's early days yet - he could well be the guy you correctly predict is needed. Just in case, has anyone got Pirlo's number?

I dont Know yet...its Just a thought,but could or even should we Bench Ndidi and try another approach??

8 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Silly Last comment..

This Team should of played better,and won this Game.

Ndidi,Morgan too slow on the Ball.

Easy to carry on the campaigne against James,but Ndidi's Touch and Control has

Deserted him,but I wont go Into hack-off Mode, he is not having a good 2018.

I dont think our crosses are always,poor but we dont have anybody attacking or

commited to those Corners or crosses.

ITS a shame and baffling but for a Period before Xmas, Maguire would always take Up the far Post,

we seem to of dropped,the idea.

I would prefer,to see James and Ndidi,to Hang outside the Penalty area in Set pieces.

We Seen again today,Morgan  in Basic defending,was Tops,but we are top slow,

or precise when moving Out of defence,Simpson is often left alone,that His only

Choice is, hoof ,or to Morgan,who is covered.The left Side we see more space,to

move the Ball quicker. The right hand Side,we are hugging the Touchline too much.

James isnt,as  Bad as some posters will have.

I do want to see more,of Silva and Iborra,with a 3 man midfield,presently Ndidi is

Not IMO Automatic choice,but with the Iborra and Silva Next to him,He and the

Team would perform then better.

Today we can Blame our poor midfield choices at that Moment,for the Goal,but 

we Drew because our early game and later in the game,we were not clinical

enough in the last 3rd,Gray today again was below avg.Mahrez could should of

Won it.  Service or openings for Vardy was poor.

Gray is still developing, and has alot of Potential,He will Not be a Wizz kid,but He

still will be a good Player. He needs also bench time,Diabete will also need time

and patience.

Nacho should IMO be playing,Puel today rightly said,"Not enough players in the

Dangerous areas in the Penalty Box"   .Nacho is a Box man,get him in.

I wont this season,get on any soap-box and cry  out on selection,but I do have now

because of Last 5 Games ,my preferences.

Simpson/Drago/Maguire/Chilwell

Silva/Iborra/Ndidi 

Mahrez/Nacho/Vardy.

In a 4-3-3

or Go for Albrighton instead of Simpson,then 3 at the back,with Iborra in front of the defence.

Gray got criticised, for being too greedy,today I only wish He had been greedy,and took on

the runs.

Another quality post.

"I dont think our crosses are always,poor but we dont have anybody attacking or

commited to those Corners or crosses."

As a caller on radio leicester stated, we dont actually seem to have anyone to do it. No plan B.

Obviously sick note slimani would have been in the treatment room anyway and it was definitely time for ulloa to leave, but either one of them,  on song (big if I know) would have had a ****ing field day with the amount of crosses and at least we could have really thrown the kitchen sink at them with a different approach.

Nacho is not the player i thought we had bought, and while i agree his best position seems to be number 9, swapping vardy for nacho does not feel like a different approach.

It was bread and butter for them at the back today.

(And no col, that doesn't make them good, it makes us shit)

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Most people on here could tell him it's not difficult to work out. It's common sense, but the only problem with common sense is that it's not that common.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

OK Look at of this way,spite poor player performances and Antics,Hes still got us Holding top 8th

Challenge for 7th,plus a decent run in both Cups,with potential to Progress.

Poor critic in Blasting  and hacking-off Puel.

He really doesnt deserve this Type of nonsense laughable critic...

We are only in eighth place because those below us are even worse, It's not a testament to his managerial brilliance, and if we keep playing like we are at the present even eighth looks ambitious. I just don't see how anyone can defend that team selection today.

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

ITS Not His tactics,that is wrong but the Players implementation and Translation...

Really? do you enjoy the slow side to side alleged build-up play? So readable to the opposition. Of course, it's his tactics, since when have we played like that before he took over? Those same boring negative tactics that got him the sack from Southampton.