Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Where'd you go? Only discovered over the summer how many decent gaffes there are to the south of the railway tracks 

Whitelocks Ale House 

North Bar 

North Brewing Tap 

Turk’s Head 

Brownhill & Co 

Northern Monk Refectory (when walking here I spotted two decent looking pubs south of the railway/river)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Whitelocks Ale House 

North Bar 

North Brewing Tap 

Turk’s Head 

Brownhill & Co 

Northern Monk Refectory (when walking here I spotted two decent looking pubs south of the railway/river)

Cross Keys round the corner? Had a top roast and a couple of pints there when I was last up.

13 minutes ago, Manini said:

Throw The Bankers Cat and the new Head of Steam (and the old one to be fair) in to the list above and that’s as good a day out on the booze as you’ll have anywhere.

Would have liked to have gone in the Bankers Cat but being near the station, it was bit of a nuthouse on Saturday afternoon. Quieter at night. 

We went Friends of Ham too. Good place to take your other half for good beer/wine and food. 

On 05/11/2021 at 14:06, Unabomber said:

We are just going to the centre for the day to do a bit of shopping in December. So ideally would stay in the main central part. We will be looking to get beers and lunch at some point. 

German Market will be on so bare that in mind. The pubs get busy as a result. 

I don't think you'll go wrong with Purecraft/Pure Bar - really good food and decent beer. Nearby to there is the aforementioned Post Office Vaults and the Colmore (Thornbridge beer) - they do Pizza. Old Joint Stock (Fullers) is less good on the beer but the food is good for a pub and its a beautiful building. Lost and Found similar - beautiful building, good food but beer selection generic. 

I can give you some more pubs/bars if you want but not necessarily do they do food. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

German Market will be on so bare that in mind. The pubs get busy as a result. 

I don't think you'll go wrong with Purecraft/Pure Bar - really good food and decent beer. Nearby to there is the aforementioned Post Office Vaults and the Colmore (Thornbridge beer) - they do Pizza. Old Joint Stock (Fullers) is less good on the beer but the food is good for a pub and its a beautiful building. Lost and Found similar - beautiful building, good food but beer selection generic. 

I can give you some more pubs/bars if you want but not necessarily do they do food. 

Nah that’s great thanks will go to pure craft for lunch then probably pop in to a few of the pubs mentioned.

4 hours ago, Manini said:

Had a Seven Brothers Honeycomb IPA on Friday and it was top tier. 

It’s excellent isn’t it, probably my favourite IPA at the minute. Their bar in Salford Quays is good if you are ever up that way.

8 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

It’s excellent isn’t it, probably my favourite IPA at the minute. Their bar in Salford Quays is good if you are ever up that way.

Will give it a go when I’m next over, I’ve never actually spent any time on Salford Quays so that gives me an excuse.

I’ve got the throw away IPA in the fridge to try next, have you had that? Managed to get these in ASDA again, their offering on beer has been so much better recently than what it always was.

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Would have liked to have gone in the Bankers Cat but being near the station, it was bit of a nuthouse on Saturday afternoon. Quieter at night. 

We went Friends of Ham too. Good place to take your other half for good beer/wine and food. 

Yeah being next to slug and lettuce doesn't help it either. Cross Keys that you mentioned and Midnight Bell next to it are good pubs too - there’s Warerlane Boathouse too near there which is a nice space, but in an odd location - The Hop just over which is often forgotten about but nice and interesting inside. 

Friends of Ham is lovely. They’ve got one in Ilkley that doesn’t get as busy which I prefer. 

58 minutes ago, Manini said:

Will give it a go when I’m next over, I’ve never actually spent any time on Salford Quays so that gives me an excuse.

I’ve got the throw away IPA in the fridge to try next, have you had that? Managed to get these in ASDA again, their offering on beer has been so much better recently than what it always was.

I rarely go to ASDA but when I do I grab some, haven’t tried the other one but I did see it in there. I’ve tried their watermelon IPA, unfortunately I could barely taste it as my taste/smell are still ****ed after Covid, but that’s meant to be great.

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

A strongbow after five a side always goes down lovely.

Can of Strongbow, I'm a mess
Desperately clutching onto a leaflet on depression
Supplied to me by the NHS
Is anyone's guess how I got here?
Anyone's guess how I go?
I suck on a roll-up - pull your jeans up -
F*** off, I'm going home

Jobseeker!

• Like 2

On 08/11/2021 at 22:18, Dr Marco said:

Can of Strongbow, I'm a mess
Desperately clutching onto a leaflet on depression