Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

27 minutes ago, bovril said:

Like must alcohol I'm guessing Italians export the shit stuff as Peroni is much better there than here. 

Never looked in to it but I always assumed that the red bottles of Peroni were the ones exported ones and the Naustro Azzuri green ones were the international market ones. I will give them their dues, the original Peroni’s are very good. 

Just now, Manini said:

Never looked in to it but I always assumed that the red bottles of Peroni were the ones exported ones and the Naustro Azzuri green ones were the international market ones. I will give them their dues, the original Peroni’s are very good. 

It could also be the setting. I never really understood the appeal of an ice cold lager til I spent a summer in Italy

1 hour ago, Manini said:

So true. Every event you go to, including weddings and they throw some bottles in, you always end up with a Peroni. When I get married I’m going to make a point of only giving out (warm) bottles of Stella and Abbot Ale for the older fellers. 

Were you at my wedding? As it was literally only warm bottles of stella because they were cheap at tesco....

• Haha 1

Makes me laugh when guys go for peroni as if it is some great beer. It’s shit with good marketing like others have said. For example Stella is way better yet can have a bad reputation. Anyway I’m currently at winter wonderland having a franziskaner which is pretty good.

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 4

Why do the French produce (or export at least) so little beer? Italy and Spain are obviously wine producing countries too but produce lots of beer.

Kronenbourg is just about the only French beer I’ve ever heard of. Even then it’s quite a Germanic region.

52 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Why do the French produce (or export at least) so little beer? Italy and Spain are obviously wine producing countries too but produce lots of beer.

Kronenbourg is just about the only French beer I’ve ever heard of. Even then it’s quite a Germanic region.

You've obviously never had one of these bad boys then?

bdl.jpeg

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Need some recommendations please, lads. Was gonna buy some Belgian Christmas beers as presents but Beers of Europe have been drained dry. Where else is reliable for that kind of stuff?

Morrisons actually have a great selection now with Westmalle, Kasteel rouge, kwak as just some.

Edit: just realised you said Christmas beers.

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Need some recommendations please, lads. Was gonna buy some Belgian Christmas beers as presents but Beers of Europe have been drained dry. Where else is reliable for that kind of stuff?

Stable Ales in Melbourne might be worth a try, had a great selection when I went in

https://www.stableales.co.uk/collections/belgium

Edited by Lako42
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Been the Dartmouth Market one? Prefer there - staff more fun and have some cracking food too. 

Is that the exmouth market one? Yeh been there a few times, do prefer it as it’s a bit bigger as well. We ate at the bikeshed opposite yesterday though, so this one was convenient.