Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

22 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

At the TapHouse in Buxton tonight. Just had their strawberry soft serve and about to tuck into a nimble little 16.7% er.

Happy Monday folks 

Ordered the wrong one, ended up with a 10% stout called Breakfast date. Blueberry and Maple stout, I only drink this now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jgtuk said:

Off to Copenhagen on Friday, any recommendations on a decent local beer? 
Then I can at least contribute something to this thread 😁

If you want a bar that's interesting and cheap in the city centre then definitely visit Floss. If you want one that's less interesting but also cheap and has reasonable variety then visit Wall Street Pub.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jgtuk said:

Off to Copenhagen on Friday, any recommendations on a decent local beer? 
Then I can at least contribute something to this thread 😁

Seriously look up Mikkeller’s bars. Look them up online, they are dotted about the city. We went an excellent (non Mikkeller) pub pre match to Parken but it’s a little out of the city. 

If you love meat, Warpigs BBQ. Can’t say this enough. Booze and great food galore. That whole district, Vesterbro, is full of good bars and restaurants.

Other options are Taphouse in the centre. Traditional Danish place we went was Rosengardens Bodega; you occasionally come across these bodegas which are very simple on choice but rich on being traditional pubs 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

10 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Bit niche this one, but the Tigers have announced a link up with Molston Coors and will serve Carling and Madri Excepcional at their home games.

I've never heard of Madri Excepcional before. Has anyone tried it? Is it decent or just another generic European wannabe Moretti/Estrella?

All over the place at the minute. Seems to have replaced Hop House in most places where that was on.

On 30/11/2021 at 13:26, Cardiff_Fox said:

Seriously look up Mikkeller’s bars. Look them up online, they are dotted about the city. We went an excellent (non Mikkeller) pub pre match to Parken but it’s a little out of the city. 

If you love meat, Warpigs BBQ. Can’t say this enough. Booze and great food galore. That whole district, Vesterbro, is full of good bars and restaurants.

Other options are Taphouse in the centre. Traditional Danish place we went was Rosengardens Bodega; you occasionally come across these bodegas which are very simple on choice but rich on being traditional pubs 

What is the current buzz with madri. I’d never heard of it before summer now it seems to be in a lot of places as a ‘premium’ lager. Its ad bad as peroni in my book

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

What is the current buzz with madri. I’d never heard of it before summer now it seems to be in a lot of places as a ‘premium’ lager. Its ad bad as peroni in my book

Yeah it’s a weird one. I don’t hate it but I also don’t think it should be a £5 a pint drink. It’s just a middle of the road lager for me. Peroni blows my mind, their marketing team and pub reps deserve medals for what they’ve done with that brand. 

Estrella Galicia (hard to find but you do see it more often now) and the exported San Miguel are better, in my opinion, the 5.4% version, Tesco’s sell it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Manini said:

Yeah it’s a weird one. I don’t hate it but I also don’t think it should be a £5 a pint drink. It’s just a middle of the road lager for me. Peroni blows my mind, their marketing team and pub reps deserve medals for what they’ve done with that brand. 

Estrella Galicia (hard to find but you do see it more often now) and the exported San Miguel are better, in my opinion, the 5.4% version, Tesco’s sell it. 

Agree with all the above. Despise peroni. But it’s somehow the corporate drink of choice, often the only lager on tap at multiple awful bars. Fantastic marketing as you say. I do like estrella galicia as well. 

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Agree with all the above. Despise peroni. But it’s somehow the corporate drink of choice, often the only lager on tap at multiple awful bars. Fantastic marketing as you say. I do like estrella galicia as well. 

For some reason, I always get a headache when I drink a Peroni - weird as I can drink other lagers and beers that are stronger but guaranteed Peroni always gives me a dull ache behind the eyes. Weird.

Just now, lcfc278 said:

For some reason, I always get a headache when I drink a Peroni - weird as I can drink other lagers and beers that are stronger but guaranteed Peroni always gives me a dull ache behind the eyes. Weird.

It's all to do with the water content. 

It's quite boring but if you get into beer brewing, the water content / gravity is the most important part of the process. Generally, that level of quality waves on mass produced beer. 

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

But it’s somehow the corporate drink of choice

So true. Every event you go to, including weddings and they throw some bottles in, you always end up with a Peroni. When I get married I’m going to make a point of only giving out (warm) bottles of Stella and Abbot Ale for the older fellers. 

• Haha 2