Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

World Snooker Championships 2018

I know its more than 2 weeks away but tickets arrived yesterday and really looking forward to it. 

Never been before but has anyone else?

Format / order of play seems similar every year so second guessed who I might end up seeing but in terms who goes on table one and who goes on table two, is there any method on how thats determined?

In true Bob weasel / st ettienne thread style, I'm posting regardless of any lack of interest lol

Qualifying is under way. Qualifiers have to win three best of 10 matches to go through.

No massive shocks I could see, Anthony Hamilton and Cao Yupeng are already out after round 1

Other things of note -Jimmy White won his first match, Reanne Evans lost a respectable 10-7 to Dominic Dale and Liang Wenbo almost got 2 147s in the same match. Tom Ford starts his campaign today against Leo Fernandez.

Lastly - world champs start next Sat, pretty quick turnaround after the qualifiers finish next Wed.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Would have been 2 147s in 3 frames if he'd sank it and he'd have been the first player to hit 2 147s in a competitive match. He must be sick.

yeah he looked a bit gutted but laughed it off whilst packing away. good going to get one i guess haha. 

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 07:38, Nalis said:

I know its more than 2 weeks away but tickets arrived yesterday and really looking forward to it. 

Never been before but has anyone else?

Format / order of play seems similar every year so second guessed who I might end up seeing but in terms who goes on table one and who goes on table two, is there any method on how thats determined?

I used to go every year. Format doesn't come out until the top 16 in the world are confirmed. What round are you going to ?

3 hours ago, isaidno said:

I used to go every year. Format doesn't come out until the top 16 in the world are confirmed. What round are you going to ?

3 hours ago, isaidno said:

Going to a couple of round 2 session on the 2nd Sunday.

3 hours ago, kingfox said:

You guys ain't on the ball are you :nono: there you go @isaidno @Nalis

Draw - Click-here-for-the-draw-2.pdf

Format - Click-here-for-the-format-2.pdf

Yeah seen that, just wasnt sure if the first listed session is on table 1 or if its random or decided on the day, etc.

In other news, I see sports tops are banned. Must be due to betfred not wanting football shirts (inevitably with non betfred bookies sponsored shirts on show). The coventry fan is going to be disappointed.

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Going to a couple of round 2 session on the 2nd Sunday.

Yeah seen that, just wasnt sure if the first listed session is on table 1 or if its random or decided on the day, etc.

In other news, I see sports tops are banned. Must be due to betfred not wanting football shirts (inevitably with non betfred bookies sponsored shirts on show). The coventry fan is going to be disappointed.

Top half of the draw is always Table 1 and bottom half Table 2.

Poor Front Row Coventry Brian, not only have they banned football shirts this year, from next year they're stopping doing season tickets, so therefore he probably won't be in the same seat, knowing him though he'll be first in the queue.

As for yourself @Nalis saying you've never been before, how you getting there? This year will mark my 10th year of going, got tickets for Luca's second session on first Tuesday and second session of Quarter Final four for second Wednesday.

• Thanks 1

On 13/04/2018 at 19:11, kingfox said:

You guys ain't on the ball are you :nono: there you go @isaidno @Nalis

Draw - Click-here-for-the-draw-2.pdf

Format - Click-here-for-the-format-2.pdf

Kingfox breaks the shocking news that the top 16 in the world will play 16 others not in the in the top 16 in the first round of the world championship.

i for one can’t believe the expert analysis has started already.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

He won the China open recently but Selby has been bang out of form prior to that.

Still would never bet against him over this longer format.

Isnt winning th China open normally a sign your bound to get knocked out off the worlds early and humiliating fashion lol 

23 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Kingfox breaks the shocking news that the top 16 in the world will play 16 others not in the in the top 16 in the first round of the world championship.

i for one can’t believe the expert analysis has started already.

No fvcking shit, I posted it because I didn't know whether isaidno and Nalis had seen the format or not.

Idiot.

Edited by kingfox
  • Like 1

Uh dear John virgo got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Your quite useful in this thread tbf your expert rictements of exactly what’s happened save me the 6 seconds it takes to put bbc sport into google if I’ve missed a decent proportion of the days play.

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Uh dear John virgo got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Your quite useful in this thread tbf your expert rictements of exactly what’s happened save me the 6 seconds it takes to put bbc sport into google if I’ve missed a decent proportion of the days play.

Well you can use those six seconds to type BBC Sport into the google search bar because you ain't getting any expert analysis from me again this year.

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Georgiou gets whitewashed by Mark Davis in round 2 of qualifying, proof that the Shoot Out shouldnt contribute towards world ranking positions.

The shoot out is a farce, and that's why none of the top top players enter. Crazy that it's a ranking event. 

On 13/04/2018 at 12:57, ScouseFox said:

great stuff from liang last night missing the black off the spot for a 147. 

He did that in a ranking tournament last year didn't he? 

Looking forward to this as always. Big snooker fan myself and been playing since I was 8 or 9 years old. 

Decent mix of big names, debutants and decent players through to the main tournament from qualifiers so far. Think the likes of Dott get unfairly placed in the same bracket as bores such as Ebdon.

One session to go tonight, cant believe Liang Wenbo is 9-0 down against Jamie Jones. With a favourable draw he could have been a dark horse to get far this year.