Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rn9013

Membership Scheme 18/19

Recommended Posts

No announcement yet about next seasons membership scheme, however I was wondering what current members' thoughts have been this season on what was a new scheme, has it worked for you?...what changes do you think will be made/if any?

 

I'd also be interested to know what sort of home priority points people are now on at the end of this campaign? Due to distance (I don't live in Leicester) I make about 8 games a season and so I am wondering how that fares in relation to other members, and whether I'm likely to maintain any kind of priority. 

 

I was incredibly critical of this scheme when it was announced last year, however I need to take some humble pie as in my opinion it has worked quite well. I have managed to get tickets for every game that I have wanted to (having only needed to enter the ballot for the first home game). I also think it is fair to use a points based system, as long as it isn't abused (which I don't think it has been as far as I can tell). The only negative has been that it is quite difficult to get tickets together when members of the family are all on different points, however I think this is a stadium capacity issue more than a membership scheme problem. 

 

Interested in others thoughts. 

Edited by rn9013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The points system has been pretty worthless as demand has fallen through the floor. So essentially you're just paying a fee of £60 a season to have a supporter number. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/04/2018 at 20:48, marbles said:

 

On 10/04/2018 at 21:33, marbles said:

 

47 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The points system has been pretty worthless as demand has fallen through the floor. So essentially you're just paying a fee of £60 a season to have a supporter number. 

And access to 'ballot system'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Expect it to carry on with exactly the same basic process and points arrangement. I   guess the club charge what they feel they can get away with. Some feel its value for money others feel they don't need a membership as many games have gone to general sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The points system has been pretty worthless as demand has fallen through the floor. So essentially you're just paying a fee of £60 a season to have a supporter number. 

Always easier to say in hindsight. Imagine if we did have another season like the other year (I know it's not likely but it wasn't meant to happen that year) or we got to Wembley for a final/semi-final. Memberships would have been pretty important then.

 

I guess there's a few benefits of a membership either way:

 

- You actually have a chance of getting a season ticket, which for a lot of members is a big attraction

- You might actually have a chance of getting two tickets, or more, together (assuming high priority)

- You have a better chance of getting to any game you want

 

At the end of the day, each person has to evaluate what they are getting out of the membership and if it is worth them paying £60. Friend of mine has it and he has worked himself to over 30 points this season by going to endless games. He is hoping for a chance at a season ticket.

 

I think it's been the fairest membership scheme since we got back into the Premiership. No point comparing this to membership schemes of the past as that is not a fair comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Always easier to say in hindsight. Imagine if we did have another season like the other year (I know it's not likely but it wasn't meant to happen that year) or we got to Wembley for a final/semi-final. Memberships would have been pretty important then.

 

I guess there's a few benefits of a membership either way:

 

- You actually have a chance of getting a season ticket, which for a lot of members is a big attraction

- You might actually have a chance of getting two tickets, or more, together (assuming high priority)

- You have a better chance of getting to any game you want

 

At the end of the day, each person has to evaluate what they are getting out of the membership and if it is worth them paying £60. Friend of mine has it and he has worked himself to over 30 points this season by going to endless games. He is hoping for a chance at a season ticket.

 

I think it's been the fairest membership scheme since we got back into the Premiership. No point comparing this to membership schemes of the past as that is not a fair comparison.

I guess the points system is fairer than what we've had before and rewards you for making the effort. The issue I have is with the price point. They've just plucked £60 from thin air, what they're offering has no real monetary value. It should be a token fee to cover costs of administrating the scheme and no more imo, the match by match prices are expensive enough as they are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the little info I've got from the club there 'will be no large scale changes' so I suspect the format will stay roughly the same. Potentially a change in priority brackets? How much would you increase the brackets by (if at all)?. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 2 memberships are on 32 and 34 points that's from a starting point of 19 and 18 at the start of the season which was made up from 10 points for renewal and then 8 & 9 fixtures. No idea how that compares to the people who got 15 for gold renewal and maybe did every game but since I've got to the bare 20 points needed for games we've had no problem getting tickets the only issue is the lack of seats together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

where can we find out how many points we have?

 

I started the season in the 30+ bracket anyway so have had no problem getting tickets (same issue as Bayfox is getting seats together sometimes) but would be nice to know what level points I am on at the moment anyway, just incase the brackets do change.

 

I think I'd be fine anyway as have only missed 2 home games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on 42 points, but I don't know if they'll be worth anything next season. The only thing I don't like is the windows for differing points brackets, my window closes before my daughter's, because she has fewer points than me. This means that we found it very difficult to sit together, although this has got easier further into the season. 

 

I've also paid far more than a season ticket holder for the same seats for nearly every game, as we always choose the same ones if they're available. 

 

Looking forward to the ST ballot ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rn9013 said:

From the little info I've got from the club there 'will be no large scale changes' so I suspect the format will stay roughly the same. Potentially a change in priority brackets? How much would you increase the brackets by (if at all)?. 

42 and above should be allowed a ST by default :ph34r:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, StanSP said:

where can we find out how many points we have?

 

I started the season in the 30+ bracket anyway so have had no problem getting tickets (same issue as Bayfox is getting seats together sometimes) but would be nice to know what level points I am on at the moment anyway, just incase the brackets do change.

 

I think I'd be fine anyway as have only missed 2 home games. 

Log into your account select tickets. Then under your name top left scroll to personal details. A points total for home points and away points will be in that section.

 

Edited by Bayfox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see 500-1000 ST’s being available this summer , Liverpool seem to be flying so the “2nd team” followers will soon be back in Red 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I guess the points system is fairer than what we've had before and rewards you for making the effort. The issue I have is with the price point. They've just plucked £60 from thin air, what they're offering has no real monetary value. It should be a token fee to cover costs of administrating the scheme and no more imo, the match by match prices are expensive enough as they are. 

Yes, that is debatable. It is clearly a business decision from the club to make some money. Rightly or wrongly.

 

Maybe if they offered something in return for the £60 fee, maybe a £20 voucher for the shop, or one match ticket included at a certain price range/match category. It's very expensive for members to pay £60 and then £26-50 per match on top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Yes, that is debatable. It is clearly a business decision from the club to make some money. Rightly or wrongly.

 

Maybe if they offered something in return for the £60 fee, maybe a £20 voucher for the shop, or one match ticket included at a certain price range/match category. It's very expensive for members to pay £60 and then £26-50 per match on top.

This would be my argument. I don’t mind necessarily paying £60 for the membership, but I want something more than a desk calendar (that even has factual errors in it) and a crappy iPad case. If it was £60 for renewal with a £20 shop voucher or a voucher towards a ticket I would be happy with that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have quite liked the membership scheme this year and it's worked well for me. I have managed to get on early and get a fair few cheaper tickets in the West Stand, plus cheaper cup match tickets, so it has pretty much paid for itself. I do agree that they could have had more imagination in terms of the gifts that went with it though... Would definitely sign up again next year if they were to run the same scheme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am on 45 plus points and was happy to pay the membership fee for kids and myself on the gamble we get a ST for 18/19 season.

 

My feedback, which Mr Donnelly (club supporter officer) needs to listen to is:

 

1. In the family stand, there are not that many families! This tells me that many members are reselling tickets and the turnstile staff are turning a blind eye!

 

2. For cup games, members who regularly attend league game unfortunately get same ticket priority as those with little to no points. This has to change. For the Athletico Madrid game (distant memory!), I had to fight tooth and nail to get my 2 tickets. 

 

3. The club are ahead of themselves and very f@cking greedy. No reward points for being loyal and having to part £30 for each league game.

 

4. Points priority system otherwise works well. In the previous seasons, it was a case of getting to the KP 2 hours before tickets were released. Pretty shitty waiting 6.30 in the morning freezing and my knackers off!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/04/2018 at 18:36, FoxesDeb said:

I'm on 42 points, but I don't know if they'll be worth anything next season. The only thing I don't like is the windows for differing points brackets, my window closes before my daughter's, because she has fewer points than me. This means that we found it very difficult to sit together, although this has got easier further into the season. 

 

I've also paid far more than a season ticket holder for the same seats for nearly every game, as we always choose the same ones if they're available. 

 

Looking forward to the ST ballot ?

I’ve taken my 2 sons to every home game this season, including carabao and FA cups. I too have spent more than a STH, and have sat in the same seats almost every time.  I wish they’d let us have the seats as season tickets now!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

Still no news for next season...I don't suppose anyone has any inside info?

It's a topic for discussion at the next Your 90 Minute session, so I would assume they haven't finalised it yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's a topic for discussion at the next Your 90 Minute session, so I would assume they haven't finalised it yet. 

Really? They’re leaving it a bit late. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/04/2018 at 19:37, Qwerty said:

I’ve taken my 2 sons to every home game this season, including carabao and FA cups. I too have spent more than a STH, and have sat in the same seats almost every time.  I wish they’d let us have the seats as season tickets now!!  

They aren't allowed, they have to have a certain percentage for sale to non-season ticket holders, once you take into account away section, they are at that limit, you will see no movement in the 23k cap until the expansion happens.

 

30 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

Really? They’re leaving it a bit late. 

Not really, they left it late last time as well, and I think you may well find some positives compared to last year, there is certainly on going discussion with regards to the initial cost, or the disparity in paying 100% more than a season ticket holder across the course of a season in certain areas of the ground, the club are certainly listening at the lower level of management, if that makes it back to the top I don't know, but @Sol thewall Bamba is correct it is on the agenda for Monday the 25th, and I think the delay may have positive effects in the short and long term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

They aren't allowed, they have to have a certain percentage for sale to non-season ticket holders, once you take into account away section, they are at that limit, you will see no movement in the 23k cap until the expansion happens.

 

Not really, they left it late last time as well, and I think you may well find some positives compared to last year, there is certainly on going discussion with regards to the initial cost, or the disparity in paying 100% more than a season ticket holder across the course of a season in certain areas of the ground, the club are certainly listening at the lower level of management, if that makes it back to the top I don't know, but @Sol thewall Bamba is correct it is on the agenda for Monday the 25th, and I think the delay may have positive effects in the short and long term.

I think the scheme has worked relatively well to be fair. As you say the initial cost is ridiculous and I get the impression the initial cost last year may have led to disappointing sales. 

 

Not sure how they can address the ticket cost issue though. Ultimately if a member is going to go to every home game on a match by match basis they are always going to pay more than a season ticket holder. The only suggestion I can think of is that members get a discount on tickets in comparison to general sale tickets. This would potentially also justify an initial membership outlay and encourage sales of memberships. 

 

Fair play lay to the club for listening though. 

Edited by rn9013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×