Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Cricket 2018

31 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

That's the last we'll see of Jennings then.

Get in the bin . Clearly scoring nearly 1000 runs in Div 1 county championship doesn't get you any recognition (Rory Burns) but we keep selecting serial failures  like Jennings , Malan and Vince 

Seeing the words "stupid shot" far too often on the BBC live feed. Pathetic that Test cricketers can't leave the fvcking ball alone when it's needed. Even your average club cricket top order can muster that discipline when you're clinging on for a draw.

25 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Seeing the words "stupid shot" far too often on the BBC live feed. Pathetic that Test cricketers can't leave the fvcking ball alone when it's needed. Even your average club cricket top order can muster that discipline when you're clinging on for a draw.

5 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Root in particular, ludicrous thing to do and such a poor example for a captain to set.

beat me to mentioning this. Unlike him (Root) to swing wildly at some of the shots that he did, especially given the situation. 

Reminds me of how we batted in the last test. Went chasing for the ball unnecessarily.

When the going gets tough with the bat the top order completely cave in yet again. If not for Curran they’d have thrown it away for us in the first test too.

Really do feel for our bowlers, the slip fielding has been a shambles and the batting is pretty ****ing ordinary at best.

45 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

makes you wonder what England's "batting coach" Mark Ramprakash is telling them to do

47 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Taken from the BBC live text.

Since the start of 2016 England have been 100-4 or less 31 times out of 62 innings.

That's abysmal.

Be interesting to see how many at home and away. 

Effectively 5 wickets down I think they just want this over with now. Been a shambles. We’ll be lucky to match India’s first innings score with our two innings scores. Fair play, we’ve been well and truly battered this game. 

Personally would’ve had a bat after winning the toss but that’s why I’m currently just about to start work lol 

Just now, Max Wall said:

7 overs is the most any English batsman has faced in either innings. Deary me.

Series wide open again Stan.

Seems that way. I have no idea what kind of pitch will be presented in Hampshire though. Earlier on the commentators were saying it could heavily favour spin so it's important (for India) that Ashwin is fully fit and I wonder if (for England) Bairstow will be replaced by Ali instead of Curran because of that thinking.

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

Effectively 5 wickets down I think they just want this over with now. Been a shambles. We’ll be lucky to match India’s first innings score with our two innings scores. Fair play, we’ve been well and truly battered this game. 

Personally would’ve had a bat after winning the toss but that’s why I’m currently just about to start work lol 

So often the case, so little gumption.

To be honest, I think most people expected the ball to do a little more on the first morning. No excuse though, as on most occasions, the test was lost on first innings batting.

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Seems that way. I have no idea what kind of pitch will be presented in Hampshire though. Earlier on the commentators were saying it could heavily favour spin so it's important (for India) that Ashwin is fully fit and I wonder if (for England) Bairstow will be replaced by Ali instead of Curran because of that thinking.

I think Ali is likely to come back. There will be spin down there. The problem for England is that India have the better spinner and batsmen more adept a playing spin. Given this test, I'd make India slight favourites, doubt the bookies will agree though.

Also helps that Ali has just completed his double century in the county championship.

Edited by Max Wall

good batting by Buttler and Stokes here. Proper digging in you'd expect from higher up the batting order. This kind of batting goes against the nature of both these batsmen as well - the aggressive, offensive style - so it's even more impressive that they've stuck in for a few hours.

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, surrifox said:

makes you wonder what England's "batting coach" Mark Ramprakash is telling them to do

I was thinking this last night, what is he doing?

Least these two are showing a bit of fight, the top four should be ashamed.

29 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Seems like Stokes in particular is actually digging in a bit. Not expecting owt but a defeat here, but that's all I ask for in this situation.

Just now, StanSP said:

good batting by Buttler and Stokes here. Proper digging in you'd expect from higher up the batting order. This kind of batting goes against the nature of both these batsmen as well - the aggressive, offensive style - so it's even more impressive that they've stuck in for a few hours.

I think we all know Stokes is capable of it despite his aggressive tendencies. Buttler, on the other hand, has really dug in too, unusual for him as he usually edges it when he does that.

I've got to say, a bit of staying power is great, but I've seen Chris Tavare bat a few times live for England and it wasn't pretty.

He'd be made for this. Played some very important innings in his time but the viewing could best be described as painful.