Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Cricket 2018

Just now, StanSP said:

oh my, Keaton Jennings. You can't be in that position on the field and let that go through your legs. Could have denied Kohli another century. 

Got a bit fortunate as well on the next couple of balls but finally gets the ton in this test. 

lol Yeah, that was one of the worst yet. Jennings ensuring it's a forgettable test for England in every way. Anderson was absolutely livid.

4 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Already a World record chase. Pant to try and smash a few to add insult to injury and then a declaration I reckon.

yeah I'd expect Pandya to give it some welly for fun as there's not much to lose.

That read 'Pant and/or Pandya' but he's just edged to Cook lol 

Just now, StanSP said:

yeah I'd expect Pandya to give it some welly for fun as there's not much to lose.

That read 'Pant and/or Pandya' but he's just edged to Cook lol 

Yep. If it doesn't work for Pant, which it hasn't, I expect Pandya to look at a couple then throw the bat at everything.

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

how lovely is this :). I don't listen to TMS too much these days because of the availabilty of Sky coverage but it's no wonder that TMS gives so much joy to people and is so popular a platform to keep up to date with cricket, least of all Patrick and his family at times like he had to experience. Great stuff. 

That's superb.

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

how lovely is this :). I don't listen to TMS too much these days because of the availabilty of Sky coverage but it's no wonder that TMS gives so much joy to people and is so popular a platform to keep up to date with cricket, least of all Patrick and his family at times like he had to experience. Great stuff. 

TMS is a simply brilliant. Languid style and playful tone yet serious when required. 

I guess they have the time for reading out things like that over 5 days but they still have to choose to do it. Always liked Aggers, got his autograph at Grace Road in early 80's. He was such a miserable sod then but fast bowling is pretty hard work I suppose.And, kids are annoying.....

Edited by Max Wall

Just now, Voll Blau said:

That's wonderful. Something so comforting about TMS on the radio, I always get a bit sad when the theme tune's played for the last time each summer.

It's the only radio I could easily listen to all day long.

As great as Sky's coverage is, you can't beat TMS.

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Made me well up did that :cry:

Joe Root and his followers,...Look at Kohli,his concentration and flexability,with an high grade of discipline,in an innings.

No matter how the ball is moving.....India have adapted,in both bowling and batting,plus fielding improvements...

I am expecting ,but doubting that from our top 6 batsman,not 2-3 will make a game of it..

Time for the openners,to grind 80+ partnerships.even consistent 40-65 ,would do for now!!!

Time for the captain to stand up,and get a century,he suppose to be a top 4  Wclass batsman....I

Butler ,Stokes batting can't be just single great moments,and only honest 30s-50s....more 80s-100s,

Plus we need a decent nr4, let's see if Pope can progress..

Our tail has been docked in the last 2yrs,few moments when 2-3 have wagged. 6th wicket down and that's it!!!!

Broad,should stop dead batting,and just go for it,without slogging it,he has the eye,then try taking up another stance..!

Our bowling I won't criticise too much...they haven't had the runs to play with,for over 2international seasons.

English players,,in batting and field lose their concentration,and intensity,far too early.

If they could,harden up and show that needed concentration a little more ,they could still save this game.

520 the target...

No doubt England will want to see out the day without losing a wicket. Cherry on top for India should any wickets fall between now and stumps.

England must be knackered today though having been out in the field for so long - just under 90 runs a session required but need to keep their wickets in store...

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

520 the target...

No doubt England will want to see out the day without losing a wicket. Cherry on top for India should any wickets fall between now and stumps.

England must be knackered today though having been out in the field for so long - just under 90 runs a session required but need to keep their wickets in store...

I'll be astounded if we're none down at the close.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

520 the target...

lol

Ok Stan.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Max Wall said:

The next two pitches are very likely to take spin. Whilst the bookies will naturally have England as favourites if they lead 2-1 going into the 4th test, India may be a good shout to take the series 3-2 if the odds are high (weather permitting, as weather's always a f*** up factor with cricket bets).

A very good shout IMO. England have imploded in this match after a good performance at Lords . Best batsman out for the series , 2 out of form openers ,muddled thinking about the all rounders and no truly reliable spinner . 

• Like 1

Just now, surrifox said:

A very good shout IMO. England have imploded in this match after a good performance at Lords . Best batsman out for the series , 2 out of form openers ,muddled thinking about the all rounders and no truly reliable spinner . 

On top of that, neither team is particularly reliable in these conditions but I'd rather have the Indians batting for my life I reckon. England have the more talented batting line up in my opinion but they're even more hit and miss than India.

They also have Kohli, I think he's scored more than double anyone else in the series.

Guest MattP

Want us to show some serious fight here, body on the line and don't roll over.

Get the coming back at least for another day on Wednesday. 

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Want us to show some serious fight here, body on the line and don't roll over.

Get the coming back at least for another day on Wednesday. 

I agree but I simply don't see us batting through the whole of Tuesday. Hope I'm wrong.