Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

1 minute ago, Poznan34 said:

Reckon there's a chance any of the older lads get loans out this month? Seems a bit of a waste to keep them in the reserves. 

At the risk of repeating myself on every page in this thread, we may be going down the Spurs route: chuck 'em straight into the first team. Skipp, Walkers-Peters and Winks never went on loan but ending up playing in the first team. It aint happened yet unless you count Hamza (who had two half season loan spells at Burton and then spent about a year in the u23s before playing against Man City).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

At the risk of repeating myself on every page in this thread, we may be going down the Spurs route: chuck 'em straight into the first team. Skipp, Walkers-Peters and Winks never went on loan but ending up playing in the first team. It aint happened yet unless you count Hamza (who had two half season loan spells at Burton and then spent about a year in the u23s before playing against Man City).

I think Johnson will go straight to 1st team involvement - good feeling about Ughelemba as well.

Leicester City's Under-18s will host Crewe Alexandra as they continue their FA Youth Cup campaign with a Fourth Round tie at King Power Stadium on Tuesday night (7pm GMT kick-off).
- The FA Youth Cup Fourth Round heads to King Power Stadium on Tuesday night
- Leicester City's Under-18s face Crewe Alexandra (7pm GMT kick-off)
- Tickets are available online and on the night on Filbert Way

The young Foxes made it to this stage of the competition courtesy of an extra-time victory over Fulham last month, when captain Luke Thomas converted a penalty to earn them a 2-1 victory.

Striker Will Russ had earlier given Leicester a lead but they Fulham equaliser just after the hour mark at King Power Stadium – with the young Foxes now having another chance to impress in front of their home supporters in the next round.

Tickets for the fixture are on general sale and are priced at £3 for Adults and £1 for Seniors 65+ and Under-18s online and will also be on sale from the Matchday Ticket Office on the night.

17 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Any good players in the under 18’s too look out for for the future?

Will Russ (recently signed from Chesterfield) has always played 2-3 years above, Luke Thomas (recently played for England youths), Terel Pennant (Jermaine's nephew, hopefully not as much of a coont), Sidni Tavares (very classy Portuguese central midfielder but will need to gain the physical attributes to match as he gets older)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

All gone quiet on Connor Tee?

He's not really featured for the U18's just been used sparingly as a sub this season for the U23's. Will probably start tomorrow night in the PL" Cup. Apparently he's still very highly rated, wonder if he's ready yet for a loan move to League One or Two, he's very small.

22 hours ago, AylestoneRaider said:

I think Johnson will go straight to 1st team involvement - good feeling about Ughelemba as well.

Johnson will never be good enough, he is big, strong and fast but has not got a football brain.

expect him at the likes of Corby town or York in 2 years

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

Johnson will never be good enough, he is big, strong and fast but has not got a football brain.

expect him at the likes of Corby town or York in 2 years

I’ve watched him play exceptionally well for England u19 in international football and he looked perfectly at home at that level. I don’t think he could do that with no football brain. Not saying he will definitely make it, but I am

more optimistic than you about him. Personally, I think it is too easy for him at U23 level.

31 minutes ago, AylestoneRaider said:

I’ve watched him play exceptionally well for England u19 in international football and he looked perfectly at home at that level. I don’t think he could do that with no football brain. Not saying he will definitely make it, but I am

more optimistic than you about him. Personally, I think it is too easy for him at U23 level.

I'd personally put him behind Hughes, Knight and potentially Pascanu in the pecking order at centre back...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AylestoneRaider said:

I think so and Ndwuku - shame for both as they really need to kick on.

It's a huge shame, as with Josh Eppiah too. Certainly think Eppiah wouldn't be too far off the 1st team if he could stay fit. Sadly, I think it's a reoccurring back injury? Not 100% sure but that's what I have heard.

2 hours ago, AylestoneRaider said:

He looked ok last season but this year he's often looked very poor.

• Like 1

Nick Walsh will be joined by former Leicester City defender Sean St Ledger for live LCFC TV coverage of the Development Squad's fixture against Exeter City on Wednesday (7pm GMT kick-off).
- Leicester City Under-23s entertain Exeter City in the Premier League Cup on Wednesday (7pm GMT kick-off)
- The Foxes are second in Group D after playing two fixtures
- Live coverage is available for free on LCFC TV from 6:45pm GMT

The Foxes, who are enjoying a five-match winning run in all competitions, host Exeter at Holmes Park for a Group D fixture in the Premier League Cup.

Following an earlier success over Norwich City, which was followed by a defeat to Nottingham Forest, City are currently second in Group D.

Live coverage commences on LCFC TV from 6.45pm GMT, with pre-match discussion being followed by live and free coverage of the match in Whetstone.

Tickets are also available on the night from the main gates at Holmes Park, priced at £3 for Adults and £1 for Concessions.

By registering to LCFC.com for free, supporters will receive exclusive on-demand video content while also being able to buy tickets and official merchandise - all in one place.

Make sure you can follow the action from all five games by clicking HERE to register on LCFC.com.

• Like 1