Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

1 hour ago, davieG said:

1 hour ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Led to believe that Rudkin still calls all the shots at LCFC Academy...always has done and always will do so long as he is there.

Beaglehole and all others simply carry out his instruction as they are long-serving & trusted lieutenants of JR.  That way, JR retains control over what has always been 'his' baby and Beaglehole & Co remain secure in their positions as JR trusts them implicity and is 100% secure in the knowledge that they will remain loyal and carry out his instruction. 

With regards Ian Cawley, (are you sure he is Head of Player Development?) he is from an educational/teaching background and was originally recruited as Head Of Academy Education.

Another JR devotee, he has rapidly risen through the ranks in Rudkins slipstream despite a limited background in football ....and I am not even sure if he ever even previously played the game?!?    Bizzare.....but True!     

And not particularly well liked by coaches, players or parents...!   (I believe the common expression used to describe such a person is "brown-noser") 

So, in summary, I suspect NO loan decisions would happen firstly without Rudkin's blessing although I suspect that if Beaglehole had the final say, he would happily sacrifice player development loans at this moment in time (as he did last January) to focus on winning the PL2 title.

Davie, the problem is the Club don’t publish even brief bios of Academy staff, much less the org chart.  A family business can choose to keep the structure opaque.  So we fans speculate or have our conspiracy theories.

I assumed Cawley is (using the American term) head of player development, because he’s top in the Academy.  If so, he holds the most important football job behind Rudkin’s and Puel’s.  (And maybe Andrew Neville, whoever that is and whatever he does.)  To have it filled by a mystery man whose football experience is unknown, blows my mind.  And indicates extraordinary trust in Rudkin by the owners and CEO.

What concerns me is the club lately making fashionable noise about Man City-style “alignment”.  Meaning recruitment, plus coaching at all levels and clubs under the umbrella, support the philosophy and desired playing style of the PL club.

Meanwhile we are in the throes of transition to a new, more technically based style.  In the senior squad, this has been surgery on a live, kicking patient (and sometimes as fun to watch); at OHL, a shambles.  So the “aligned” Academy needs to be developing, loaning and graduating PL-ready assets who don’t need to be reprogrammed to play that style.  It can’t happen overnight, but if there are few signs that it is happening at all, we are all at odds.

p.s. “Head of Technical Coaching” reads like the coaches’ coach and evaluator, also reporting to the Academy Director?    Be nice to have some clarity.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

After these next 3 fixtures, maybe it’s time to give one of our CB’s a chance in the first team??? 

Knight, I suspect, will get some time - or at least a spot on the bench. When I watch the u23 games he reminds me of watching Barnes and Hamza: when either got near the ball they looked a class above the rest and you felt confident that something positive would happen. And the same is true for Knight. Hamza was, however, at that level and still playing in the u23s for ages before becoming a first team regular, so it may take a little more time. But if we're looking for a fast centre half who's happy on the ball then you can't go far wrong with him, barring the obvious lack of experience which Puel should remedy soon enough.

6 minutes ago, LCFC1996 said:

Interested to see who (if anybody) from the U23's goes out on loan this month, gotta think some could be getting game time at Championship level. Expected more to find their way to Leuven too.

Not with the league title up for grabs for ol’Beaglehole

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

We not signed that striker then? Surely he would be in the team if so.

Would seem odd if we havent tried.

Nice to see Pennant get called up, was a lot of fuss about him a while ago from bigger clubs. That Thomas could be Luke Thomas, who's very highly rated left sided player.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

We not signed that striker then? Surely he would be in the team if so.

I swear I read somewhere that Ali Reghba was training with the first team, might be utter bollocks though

Edited by Beechey

44 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Would seem odd if we havent tried.

Nice to see Pennant get called up, was a lot of fuss about him a while ago from bigger clubs. That Thomas could be Luke Thomas, who's very highly rated left sided player.

Would probably explain why there’s no picture if it’s the under 18 one. George Thomas played 85 minutes for Scunthorpe Saturday so I’d doubt it’s him too.