Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

1 hour ago, lcfcell said:

Isn’t Martis 23 now? Should be looking at getting a move somewhere or at least a loan

I feel like we do tend to hold onto a lot of younger players for longer than most do. Not sure if that's accurate but it feels like we do!

The Beaglehole obsession has always puzzled me.  Beaglehole is the U23s head coach.  Ian Cawley is the Academy Director.  Thus I assume Beaglehole reports to Cawley, who reports to Rudkin.  In any case, no good DoF would allow the academy to be operated as an independent arm.

Is the U23 coach even a shot-caller?  Wouldn’t the decisions on who to loan, who to give the most minutes to, and what style of play to coach be made by Cawley -- or Rudkin?  Not to mention the call on whether to prioritize development or PL2/Cups.  If I were DoF, the senior youth coach would be implementing my decisions, not making them for the club.

BTW who exactly is Cawley and what’s on his CV?  Why is our head of player development so rarely discussed?  That’s a damned important job.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KingsX said:

The Beaglehole obsession has always puzzled me.  Beaglehole is the U23s head coach.  Ian Cawley is the Academy Director.  Thus I assume Beaglehole reports to Cawley, who reports to Rudkin.  In any case, no good DoF would allow the academy to be operated as an independent arm.

Is the U23 coach even a shot-caller?  Wouldn’t the decisions on who to loan, who to give the most minutes to, and what style of play to coach be made by Cawley -- or Rudkin?  Not to mention the call on whether to prioritize development or PL2/Cups.  If I were DoF, the senior youth coach would be implementing my decisions, not making them for the club.

BTW who exactly is Cawley and what’s on his CV?  Why is our head of player development so rarely discussed?  That’s a damned important job.

Led to believe that Rudkin still calls all the shots at LCFC Academy...always has done and always will do so long as he is there.

Beaglehole and all others simply carry out his instruction as they are long-serving & trusted lieutenants of JR.  That way, JR retains control over what has always been 'his' baby and Beaglehole & Co remain secure in their positions as JR trusts them implicity and is 100% secure in the knowledge that they will remain loyal and carry out his instruction. 

With regards Ian Cawley, (are you sure he is Head of Player Development?) he is from an educational/teaching background and was originally recruited as Head Of Academy Education.

Another JR devotee, he has rapidly risen through the ranks in Rudkins slipstream despite a limited background in football ....and I am not even sure if he ever even previously played the game?!?    Bizzare.....but True!     

And not particularly well liked by coaches, players or parents...!   (I believe the common expression used to describe such a person is "brown-noser") 

So, in summary, I suspect NO loan decisions would happen firstly without Rudkin's blessing although I suspect that if Beaglehole had the final say, he would happily sacrifice player development loans at this moment in time (as he did last January) to focus on winning the PL2 title.

• Thanks 1