Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

I thought Pascanu was the most impressive. His calmness, positioning and reading of the game allowed him to breeze through the match. Played a couple lovely long balls too. 

Compare that to Benalouane’s ‘performance’ and you realise it should be Pascanu complaining about lack of first team action, not Benny!

As for the rest, the keeper is solid, Ughelumba always provides a option going forward, Dewsbury-Hall is good technically and Knight shown his versatility. Things we already knew to be honest. 

Edited by foxes21
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

I thought Pascanu was the most impressive. His calmness, positioning and reading of the game allowed him to breeze through the match. Played a couple lovely long balls too. 

Compare that to Benalouane’s ‘performance’ and you realise it should be Pascanu complaining about lack of first team action, not Benny!

As for the rest, the keeper is solid, Ughelumba always provides a option going forward, Dewsbury-Hall is good technically and Knight shown his versatility. Things we already knew to be honest. 

Agreed based on tonight - All good points.

Why then are we playing a team of 'yesterday men' in the cup when we could actually have given a few of these a game. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FoxFossil said:

Agreed based on tonight - All good points.

Why then are we playing a team of 'yesterday men' in the cup when we could actually have given a few of these a game. 

Only Puel knows this. Liverpool played 3 teenagers (but lost) we played Dad's Army and also lost.    Which Club learned the most out?f 

12 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Sam Hughes not involved again, is he struggling with injury still as I believe he did come back for a game a month or so ago? 

A lot of the younger lads are missing regularly with injury's. Doing far too much training with weights whilst their bodies are developing and straining.

'Bad backs's' are a common complaints

9 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

A lot of the younger lads are missing regularly with injury's. Doing far too much training with weights whilst their bodies are developing and straining.

'Bad backs's' are a common complaints

It is a very good point you raise, our injury record in the U23's (not sure on younger age groups) seems relentless in the last few years. Perhaps this is common in football at this age range as their bodies grow but it's like groundhog day for Admiral Muskwe, Sam Hughes, Raul Uche, Joe Eppiah, Layton Nduwku, Callum Wright, Leandro Martis. Those are just the ones off the top of my head who have been out more than once for lengthy injuries in the last couple of years.

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It is a very good point you raise, our injury record in the U23's (not sure on younger age groups) seems relentless in the last few years. Perhaps this is common in football at this age range as their bodies grow but it's like groundhog day for Admiral Muskwe, Sam Hughes, Raul Uche, Joe Eppiah, Layton Nduwku, Callum Wright, Leandro Martis. Those are just the ones off the top of my head who have been out more than once for lengthy injuries in the last couple of years.

Callum Wright has been alright hasn't he? But generally yeah the injuries have been incredible. Were there a u23 league for injured players we'd smash the league every year.

32 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Callum Wright has been alright hasn't he? But generally yeah the injuries have been incredible. Were there a u23 league for injured players we'd smash the league every year.

Yeah he appears to be over his injury problems but he's had two quite nasty ones in less than a year here.

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

What was this trialist like then? 

Not too sure... For most of the first half was deliberately looking for him, but struggling to see him, if you know what I mean. I guess that means he wasn't doing anything awful, but nothing standout either. He did however seem to get more involved in the second half and did what he set out to do quite tidily. I wouldn't be surprised if we offered him a contract, but equally I am not getting excited thinking we may be signing the next Messi. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

Not too sure... For most of the first half was deliberately looking for him, but struggling to see him, if you know what I mean. I guess that means he wasn't doing anything awful, but nothing standout either. He did however seem to get more involved in the second half and did what he set out to do quite tidily. I wouldn't be surprised if we offered him a contract, but equally I am not getting excited thinking we may be signing the next Messi. 

Agree with this, I was also trying to find him but couldn't so I don't think he was playing up front in the 1st half more on the left wing hence difficult to spot on the TV.

But fairly none influential but that's not surprising as I think team mates tend not to pass to newbies and he would find it difficult to anticipate their movement so I wouldn't judge him on that.

As an aside the 2 subs that came on Loft and ANO both gave the ball away with their first 3/2 touches. Wasn't impressed at all.

12 minutes ago, davieG said:

Agree with this, I was also trying to find him but couldn't so I don't think he was playing up front in the 1st half more on the left wing hence difficult to spot on the TV.

But fairly none influential but that's not surprising as I think team mates tend not to pass to newbies and he would find it difficult to anticipate their movement so I wouldn't judge him on that.

As an aside the 2 subs that came on Loft and ANO both gave the ball away with their first 3/2 touches. Wasn't impressed at all.

I think this is the thing isn't it - considering he's not used to playing with the team he didn't stick out in a negative way at all - whereas as soon as Loft comes on you know it :facepalm:Positively he was responsible for a move which nearly (should have?) led to a second goal - I felt that he took his chance to shine when he had it. 

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

What was this trialist like then? 

I thought he did alright, considering he's had no playing time with the rest of the team. He looks like he has pace and is not afraid to put himself about. I know it's not saying much but I'd prefer us to give him a chance than continue with Loft

• Like 1

Khanya Leshabela hopes to continue impressing for the Club’s Development Squad after agreeing a new three-and-a-half year contract at Leicester City this week.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/969965/more-foxes-progression-on-the-agenda-for-leshabela/featured

• Like 2

On 07/01/2019 at 18:40, Outfox the Fox said:

Ali Reghba is the 19 year old Centre Forward we've got on trial from Bohemians in Ireland.  He's already done a bit for their First Team - and could be just what the Under 23's want (certainly better than Ryan Loft !).  

From TheJournal.ie

Republic of Ireland U19 striker is on trial at Leicester City.

Reghba, who turns 19 next week, made an impact on his first-team debut for the Bohemians in September, scoring twice in a 3 - 1 Premier Division win.

Born in Germany to an Irish mother and an Algerian father, Reghba moved to Ireland at the age of 6. He recently helped the Irish U19's to the qualifying stage of this year's European Championship.

Claude Puel is said to be impressed. New Ireland U21 manager Stephen Kenny recently named Reghba as a player with a potentially bright future.

• Like 1

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 08:34, Ric Flair said:

Interestingly, from memory I think only one of those injuries was actually a game-time incurred 'collision' injury (Muskwe) with the rest either being stresses and strains or training ground injuries. 

I wonder why we get so many non-collision non-gametime injuries at U23 level?  Is this in line with either clubs....is this just bad luck/timing at this moment in time...OR...is there 'something else' that might be worth considering?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Not bad for a player who was recently told by Beaglehole that he "wasn't good enough to play CB as he couldn't head the ball properly"....and has then subsequently been elevated to the Romanian full national squad and been outstanding at CB for LCFC U23s.

Certainly knows his stuff that Beaglehole bloke...!  :)

Would be interested to know the source and context for that quote Foxy-Lady. Any chance you could supply it?

18 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Interestingly, from memory I think only one of those injuries was actually a game-time incurred 'collision' injury (Muskwe) with the rest either being stresses and strains or training ground injuries. 

I wonder why we get so many non-collision non-gametime injuries at U23 level?  Is this in line with either clubs....is this just bad luck/timing at this moment in time...OR...is there 'something else' that might be worth considering?

Any news on Ndukwu's return? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Not bad for a player who was recently told by Beaglehole that he "wasn't good enough to play CB as he couldn't head the ball properly"....and has then subsequently been elevated to the Romanian full national squad and been outstanding at CB for LCFC U23s.

Certainly knows his stuff that Beaglehole bloke...!  :)

How did Beaglehole get so entrenched in the club and popular with the owners? Is he personable? Cheap?