Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Good point. I remember Kane and Alli didn’t go out on loan at all...

although our Kane probably wasn’t the real Kane. 

Recent graduates of the academy I mean. Some Spurs fan came on the forum and told us just that. None of their recent academy players who now play in the first team went out on loan.

On 11/01/2019 at 17:48, Foxy-Lady said:

Good points FIF, and well balanced views as always!

One of the things that I have repeatedly heard and that has always concerned me about Academies is that fact that parents with children in the Academy system are always reluctant to criticise as it may affect their childs progress and prospects.....and the views of parents whose children are later released are immediately discredited as being "bitter and twisted".  So, in essence, the system is immune to any kind of criticism or objective observation on the basis that anyone who raises any points of concern is immediately under threat or discredited.  Perfect scenario for those in charge really...

No surprise really that people are reluctant to voice an opinion or try and voice factual observations......unless of course they have no vested interest other than subjectively passing on information which I try to do.

With regards Begalehole, he rarely produces anything other than defenders through his system as he is reliant on strength and physicality as opposed to technical coaching ability (high % of our U23 goals come from CBs scoring from set-piece play).

The more technical players who do make it through our system would probably have made it through any Academy system irrespective of Beaglehole as they are naturally gifted from a very early age and its just a case of nurturing their ability (ie Barnes, Ndukwu) OR, more recently,  have been very professionally scouted and recruited from other lower league Academies (ie Shade, Thomas, Wright)

Im not sure I would be giving Beaglehole any credit for the development of Barnes and Ndukwu and it was interesting to note that Chilwell cited the U16s coaches as the biggest influence on his Academy development at LCFC in a recent press article. Deduce from that what you will...?!? 

The younger coaches will make a bigger impact than Beaglehole for sure but I find it difficult to give Beaglehole no credit for Barnes, Hamza and Chilwell and all the blame for producing few attacking players. I'm not saying he's perfect but I find it to difficult to assume he's stifling the academy when it's done something I cannot remember it ever doing before: producing three premier league players.

His u23s seems much stronger defensively, although that could be because the coaches below him are better at producing defensive players. Although we didn't develop him, it will be interesting to see how Shade develops in his team. He didn't shine last match but I thought he looked tidy the match before.

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 04:20, Dan LCFC said:

Might be putting two and two together and getting five here, but wasn't Idiakez really highly thought of at the club, and surely given the timeframe the likes of Barnes, Choudhury and Chilwell would've all played under him, right?

You are absolutely spot-on sir....and add Knight, Ndukwu, Johnson, Dewsbury Hall, Eppiah and Pascanu to that list also!  I wonder who they would consider to be the best coaches and biggest influences?

Is it just a coincidence that the current 'golden' crop benefitted from the technical coaching ability of Idiakez as it will be interesting to see what follows from hereon now he is no longer at LCFC...

• Like 1

Point I was making was that regardless of where Alli or Kane were schooled, loans undeniably benefitted them, as did soon after getting real first team chances in the xi. 

We’ve done that with Chilwell and hopefully will with Barnes. More of our U23s need to go out though on loan. 

11 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

You are absolutely spot-on sir....and add Knight, Ndukwu, Johnson, Dewsbury Hall, Eppiah and Pascanu to that list also!  I wonder who they would consider to be the best coaches and biggest influences?

Is it just a coincidence that the current 'golden' crop benefitted from the technical coaching ability of Idiakez as it will be interesting to see what follows from hereon now he is no longer at LCFC...

To be balanced I'm sure he had a lot of other players whose parents complained about him when their sons didn't make the grade too.

Commentator James Fielden and former Leicester City defender Sean St Ledger will be on LCFC TV duty for the Development Squad's visit to Swansea City on Monday.
- Leicester City's Development Squad take on Swansea City on Monday (7pm GMT kick-off)
- The Foxes are second in Premier League 2 Division 1
- Supporters can watch the action for free on Facebook, Twitter and LCFC.com

The Foxes, who are currently second in Premier League 2 Division 1, tackle the Swans at the Welsh club's Landore training ground on Monday night (7pm GMT kick-off).

Following last week's 1-0 success over Everton at Holmes Park, City are now just one point behind the Toffees, who lifted the Division 1 crown in 2017.

Supporters can watch the match in full for free on the Club's social media channels while it will also be available, as usual, on LCFC.com

By registering to LCFC.com for free, supporters will receive exclusive on-demand video content while also being able to buy tickets and official merchandise - all in one place.

Make sure you can follow the action from all five games by clicking HERE to register on LCFC.com.

Exeter City face into a crucial game in this season’s Under-23 Premier League Cup on Wednesday evening as they take on Leicester City.

The Grecians, who qualified for the knockout stages of this competition last season, are currently third in group D, two points off second-placed Leicester City. 

City were unfortunate to lose their first match of the competition away at Nottingham Forest but travel the Midlands with renewed hope of qualifying from the four-team group having picked up a hard-fought point at home to Norwich City thanks to Ben Seymour’s goal. 

However, Leicester are their closest rivals for one of those two qualifying spots and City could overtake them in the table if they can record a victory at Holmes Park on Wednesday evening (7pm kick-off).

The Grecians then face group leaders Nottingham Forest at home on Monday, January 21. Kick-off at St James Park for that match is at 7pm and tickets can be purchased online here. 

Prices are as follows:

Adults: £5
Seniors: £4
Under-18s: £2

15 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Point I was making was that regardless of where Alli or Kane were schooled, loans undeniably benefitted them, as did soon after getting real first team chances in the xi. 

We’ve done that with Chilwell and hopefully will with Barnes. More of our U23s need to go out though on loan. 

Yep agree - more loans to our SPL feeder Club.:ph34r:

Winning 2 0 at the break. Thought Reghba did really well even before winning the penality and intercepting the poor defensive pass to get the second. Give him a contract. Muskwe, aside from this penalty, seemed quiet although fairly recently back from injury. All round good game. I'm really enjoying the u23s. Knight and Umgelumba look the best of the bunch but they all look decent tbf.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 3