Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

End of the first half

The trialist Reghba won a penalty and scored a goal on the break. Solid performance from him so far.

Knight and Pascanu don't even need to try, this level is way too easy for them. 

Just a thought but could we slot Knight into the 3 man midfield? Mendy needs to be dropped for his mistakes but we don't really have a replacement. Knight is very composed on the ball and does get forward well and has played at CDM a few times now. I know playing with 3 CDMs isn't ideal but I guess having Knight's presence in the middle would allow Choudhury and Ndidi to press high and try win the ball back in the opposition half.

Also if Puel doesn't have faith in Soyuncu then why not give Pascanu a chance if Morgan becomes unavailable through injury or suspension.

1 minute ago, foxes21 said:

End of the first half

The trialist Reghba won a penalty and scored a goal on the break. Solid performance from him so far.

Knight and Pascanu don't even need to try, this level is way too easy for them. 

Just a thought but could we slot Knight into the 3 man midfield? Mendy needs to be dropped for his mistakes but we don't really have a replacement. Knight is very composed on the ball and does get forward well and has played at CDM a few times now. I know playing with 3 CDMs isn't ideal but I guess having Knight's presence in the middle would allow Choudhury and Ndidi to press high and try win the ball back in the opposition half.

Also if Puel doesn't have faith in Soyuncu then why not give Pascanu a chance if Morgan becomes unavailable through injury or suspension.

Mendy f-ed up after being, more or less, solid this season. Dropping him for an unproven CB and occassional CDM when playing an attacking Wolves side seems reckless. I do want to see Knight play but as a sub at the end of a vaguely comfortable match.

54 minutes ago, LCFC1996 said:

Good test for someone like Ughelumba, looked very promising lately but is now going up against someone who has Champions League and international experience in Narsingh

Ughelumba is looking comfortable as always. His attacking output is highly praised but defensively I rarely see him get beat by the opposition winger.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Mendy f-ed up after being, more or less, solid this season. Dropping him for an unproven CB and occassional CDM when playing an attacking Wolves side seems reckless. I do want to see Knight play but as a sub at the end of a vaguely comfortable match.

Fair comment. Good job i'm not the manager otherwise we'd be starting half of the u23s away at Anfield lol:blush:

• Like 1

Shame about the poor camera work/editing. Going in far to close and replays whilst the game is in progress of none events and sometimes awful attempts.

11 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Fair comment. Good job i'm not the manager otherwise we'd be starting half of the u23s away at Anfield lol:blush:

Don't give up the dream. Our academy is important and there may be an opening.

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I suspect we'll try and sign Reghba, he's looked very impressive. Strong and classy.

Seem's a bit of a no brainer to me. Apparently only `19? Seemed pretty strong and composed for a 19 year old under the pressure of performing in a trial situation. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Was it my imagination or did he just walk off at the end of the match whilst the rest of the team were celebrating together. Very strange. 

You mean Loft? I didn’t notice, but he looked totally uninterested during the game. Looked like he was visibly sulking to me.

Just now, AylestoneRaider said:

You mean Loft? I didn’t notice, but he looked totally uninterested during the game. Looked like he was visibly sulking to me.

Yeah. Everyone else was on the pitch and he was half way to the showers. I thought his body language looked a bit off, before you said that about him looking disinterested.

Anyhow, easiest judgement to make that Reghba > Loft 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rachhere said:

Yeah. Everyone else was on the pitch and he was half way to the showers. I thought his body language looked a bit off, before you said that about him looking disinterested.

Anyhow, easiest judgement to make that Reghba > Loft 

Agreed. Really like Ughelemba too - so strong and direct.

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I suspect we'll try and sign Reghba, he's looked very impressive. Strong and classy.

26 minutes ago, lcfcell said:

Really like the look of Reghba 

His career is 3 appearances and 4 goals! It would be nice to keep that ratio going!

Season Team Competition        
2018/2019 Leicester U23 Premier League 2 2 2 0 0
2018 Bohemians Premier Division 1 2 1 0
Total     3 4 1 0
  • Like 3