Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

England v Belgium

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Complete different team mate... history has no impact in this just quality and we have it and they lack it 

We're just different people. Wish I had your confidence.

You may well be right, I'll be delighted if you are.

Anyway, we all want the same thing so I don't want to fall out, despite my reticence.

1 hour ago, Max Wall said:

That's exactly what the last 15 results have got to do with it Ric. Sweden have pretty much always had a squad of 'mediocre' players compared with our (media built) superstars but they do always work well together and they always cause us problems. Those historic results just underline that. They also just topped their group, no mean feat.

Where I don't get it is when a poster says we will have far too much for them (and the other two). There was a reply calling that statement arrogant, I agree with that.

No reason we can't do it but I don't see us as shoo-ins. Obviously some do. No offence meant.

But our past squads were made up of the best individuals with no thought of how they might operate together. I'm telling you, Southgate has spent months and months plotting how to get a squad and system going that requires a collective effort and not relying on superstars and moments of brilliance. We're the ones that will be underestimated after years of poor performances. 

2 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

still in a genuine state of disbelief that eric dier actually put in that bad a performance at a world cup whilst captaining england, me 

Have you never seen Dier play before?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Complete different team mate... history has no impact in this just quality and we have it and they lack it 

I bet Man U, Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal fans said the same of us in 2015.

Just now, ScouseFox said:

yer but last night was a whole new level of abysmal, weren’t it 

I tend to put my head in my hands when Dier's on the ball.

Shame, cos 3 or 4 years ago he was a promising player.

53 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I would agree but Colombia are hardly setting the tournament alight, Rodriguez isn’t fit and Falcao doesn’t have a clue where the goal is ...

5 shots, 3 on target, 1 goal. Man's a tidy striker - don't be fooled by his spells at man Utd and Chelsea

On 28/06/2018 at 20:52, ttfn said:

Rashford has done absolutely nothing to merit the hype.

Sterling is not particularly good for England but he’s streets ahead of Rashford.

Honestly think he's one of the most over-rated players going Rashford. Have always felt he gets preferential treatment from fans and pundits because of who he plays for. A talented kid but I don't think he'll go onto be anything special really.

11 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Honestly think he's one of the most over-rated players going Rashford. Have always felt he gets preferential treatment from fans and pundits because of who he plays for. A talented kid but I don't think he'll go onto be anything special really.

He really annoyed me yesterday. He lacks team ethic. JV was doing ALL the work up front, and Rashford seemed to have no sense of team work. He couldn't finish when JV handed it to him on a plate. He supplied nothing in return.

PS Dier would never have been considered if he didn't play for Spurs, and Welbeck is the contractual Arsenal representative.

Edited by trabuch

6 hours ago, trabuch said:

He really annoyed me yesterday. He lacks team ethic. JV was doing ALL the work up front, and Rashford seemed to have no sense of team work. He couldn't finish when JV handed it to him on a plate. He supplied nothing in return.

PS Dier would never have been considered if he didn't play for Spurs, and Welbeck is the contractual Arsenal representative.

agree...other than than Welbeck,before his injury Welbeck,did well for England and was looking to becomimg a prolific Int. scorer.

Rashford could still develope,the potential is there,but at his young age,he should of been mixing it more up front,and put Belguims Defence under

pressure....Though the team/ squad just might of  been playing for that 2nd spot.

I would still love to see Kane and Vardy together,and Sterling delibrately playing and keeping to the wing...