Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

England v Belgium

13 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

Even if we get past Colombia Sweden will beat us,

its embarrasing that as a nation we don’t have a to win at all expenses attitude,

really pisses me off,

lets get to the quarters or semis for it to be a success????

i would rather go out in the groups,

as for the lack of service vardy gets it discussing,he created our best chance,

ran his socks off,yet it’s as if the prefer to not pass to him,

rashfords a greedy twat and how welbeck is a footballer,

only junior Lewis can answer that 

ffs

• Haha 2

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  Rashford mate seriously get a grip.  Biggest positive is at least that's the last we'll see of Alexander-Arnold and his rubbish set-pieces, I'm mad at Rashford for squandering what should have been an easy equaliser but at least when the latter went off and he took over set-piece duty we started reaching England players instead of hitting another useless drilled ball into the nearest Belgian.

I think Gareth is absolutely ****ing delighted with that! Backs us to beat a poor Columbia and likes that side of the draw! 

It was quite clear he was happy with a loss when he brought welbeck on! 

Was really pleased with his comments on rashford and Vardy too... previous managers would have criticised them but he praised their running and closing down. 

Not a great game bit but certainly not the end of the world (cup) either! 

4 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

It was a game that showed the lack of flair in midfield.

May well be criticised for stating this, but makes you wonder if leaving Jack Wilshere out is quite a regret.

Not really no because we have Alli, Lingard and... when he’s not asked to do it on his own.. Loftus who can provide that. 

If you're going to regret leaving creative midfielders out there’s a few before that crock. He deserves all he’s got, you get the chance to be a professional footballer for 20 years nowadays you treat your body like a temple not like a ****ing crack den! Live your life in retirement! 

Edited by AjcW

16 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

It was a game that showed the lack of flair in midfield.

May well be criticised for stating this, but makes you wonder if leaving Jack Wilshere out is quite a regret.

I was surprised he didn't take Shelvey, and after watching that poor excuse for a midfield i'm baffled. Maguire had to run into midfield and play forward balls to our strikers, because Dier, Delph & RLC are so shit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

I hate hate hate to say it but we bloody missed Jordan Henderson tonight 

You're right though.

At least he'll be nice and rested for the big one next Tuesday :thumbup:

Just now, sm1 said:

I was surprised he didn't take Shelvey, and after watching that poor excuse for a midfield i'm baffled. Maguire had to run into midfield and play forward balls to our strikers, because Dier, Delph & RLC are so shit.

I don't see how Shelvey would fit into that system, and Southgate has shown he's not necessarily up for changing the system during a game either.

He's not good enough defensively as the lone "pivot", and he's not mobile enough to play as one of the more advanced midfielders where the skillset needed is to make runs from deep and interchange with the other midfielders.

He'd have been worthwhile taking if we were playing a 4-2-3-1 type formation.

Jordan Henderson is our most important player alongside Kane. The alternatives to him don't bare thinking about as Eric Dier really is atrocious. Fabien Delph was steady tonight and will do a job but Henderson must be kept fit for that defensive midfield role.

1 hour ago, martyn said:

Maguire will be in for a tough game. I see Colombia targeting us down that side.

they'd be foolish not to. i watched them play the other day and thought they'd be licking their lips at our defence. having said that rodriguez is suppose to be out? not sure if he'll play tuesday.

24 minutes ago, sm1 said:

I thought giving Livermore an England cap   Was the ultimate pi$$ take but not any more - these 3 were terrible and Jones Rose and Rashford were poor too . The consolation is that the A team were shielded from injury/ cards and we do nt need to worry about this pile of poo any more  

The back three are isolated far too easily and even a full strength England side would struggle against a more capable side. The amount of space left in the wide areas at times was startling, and the game plan will be simple for Columbia, target the wing backs..... England are too slow in possession for me, there seems to be a reluctance to push forward sometimes... a couple of decent results and the media have heaped the pressure on to them, some of the chat I’ve heard over the recent days has been comical, without trying to sound too negative Tunisia and Panama really didn’t present any real challenge.... today was two “B” teams, but England’s shape was the same and manner of play also, I’d be concerned for the Columbia game, they’re not as laboured as their performances suggest.

Surprised to see a lot of Rashford criticism.

Missed a big chance, granted. But that aside I thought he showed a lot of nice touches and seemed a class act.

Horrible game to watch but all things considered this side of the draw gives us our best chance of bringing it home. 

If we can't beat Columbia we were never going to win it anyway.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Surprised to see a lot of Rashford criticism.

Missed a big chance, granted. But that aside I thought he showed a lot of nice touches and seemed a class act.

Horrible game to watch but all things considered this side of the draw gives us our best chance of bringing it home. 

If we can't beat Columbia we were never going to win it anyway.

He did ok first half, but second half he kept losing the ball by either trying to take on too many people or poor passing. Should have been subbed

• Like 1