Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

England v Belgium

Just now, Col city fan said:

I don’t like the thought of playing Columbia one bit. Very tough game

If James Rodriquez is missing (he went off injured today I think) then we’ve got nothing to worry about mate :thumbup:

• Like 2

Guest ttfn
6 minutes ago, TeePee said:

I think the big takeaway from this is that Vardy and Rashford don't work well together - they're both looking to move away from the ball rather than come to it to pick it up. That's all well and good if you've got a number 10 in the hole, but when you don't, there's a real noticeable gap between the midfield and the front two, and you end up creating very little.

Which is why it’s all the more amazing that people think that Rashford is a viable alternative for Sterling.

If you want the second striker to link with midfield, Sterling is the only choice unless you put Alli there. If you want an out-and-out striker instead Vardy should be absolutely miles ahead of Rashford.

Don't think we learn anything from that game apart from that our starting 11 should remain our starting 11. Don't feel any more or less positive after that. We were never going to do anything with that midfield trio let's be honest! Jones, Dier, RLC, TAA, Rose and Rashford all pretty poor and not given any reason why they should be playing. What's important is that we are through and knockouts are a fresh start. We have absolutely no reason to be scared of Colombia

1 minute ago, martyn said:

This game exposed Eric Dier massively. Not mobile enough to be effective defensively in that role, nor dynamic or progressive enough with his distribution to affect the game going forward.

That midfield 3 was never going to get the job done.

Positive is that Maguire showed how important his ability to break the lines with his distribution is, especially with the lack of creativity the squad has.

Agree with all of this. Dier was awful. Hope we're not relying on him at any point later on in the tournament.

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Our B Team phoned it in.

We're gonna look stupid if we lose to Colombia, aren't we?

No one is pretending that'll be easy Vac, but if we can get through it an eminently winnable game stands between us and a semi final. 

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Strange, I would have been glad to win the game but I didn't want to top the group with a draw, if that makes sense? Vardy worked hard Maguire had a good half. England have never lost a game before where I've been so not bothered.

Third place playoff 1990?

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Agree with all of this. Dier was awful. Hope we're not relying on him at any point later on in the tournament.

I agree, if Dier played for Bournemouth or Burnley he’d be nowhere near the England squad. Was shocking at our place last season too. 

Edited by Nickfosse

Just now, don_danbury said:

surprised everyone thinks that's a good result. i don't see us beating Colombia

Me neither.  We never play well when we're favourites.

Pressure will be huge and Columbia will pick us off.

Can't see Southgate surviving the hounding after that.  

A huge mistake iMO.

Even if we get past Colombia Sweden will beat us,

its embarrasing that as a nation we don’t have a to win at all expenses attitude,

really pisses me off,

lets get to the quarters or semis for it to be a success????

i would rather go out in the groups,

as for the lack of service vardy gets it discussing,he created our best chance,

ran his socks off,yet it’s as if the prefer to not pass to him,

rashfords a greedy twat and how welbeck is a footballer,

only junior Lewis can answer that 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Nah. We’ll still be confident even if we lose this. It’s clear we’re not arsed about winning this and really want second spot.

When we go deep into the comp we’ll be delighted he made all these changes and we came second in the group.

Its all part of the master plan :thumbup:

Love your confidence Izz, I hope you’re right! :thumbup:

Just now, Col city fan said:

I think many are under-estimating Columbia personally.

Who’s underestimating them? I’ve seen no one call the game a walkover. They’ve got some good footballers, they were outplayed for most of their game against Senegal today. We’ve got enough to beat them.