Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

European Football 18/19

5 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

On Union taking big numbers, Bochum next week have had to limit ticket sales to ST holders and members in a bid to curb Union numbers in the home ends.

Some tickets on eBay for up to €400 from what I've seen!

Daniele De Rossi to leave Roma at the end of the season after 18 years. Incredible servant to the club and a great player too, legs have certainly started to go recently. Expect him to go to the US or somewhere like that but he could conceivably do a Cambiasso and have another year or two in Europe somewhere.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Daniele De Rossi to leave Roma at the end of the season after 18 years. Incredible servant to the club and a great player too, legs have certainly started to go recently. Expect him to go to the US or somewhere like that but he could conceivably do a Cambiasso and have another year or two in Europe somewhere.  

I'd have him year for a year just on the grounds that it'd be adding to a great collection with Esteban and Mancini but he definitely doesn't have the legs for our midfield. 

What a tutor for our young players though. Might teach Maddison a thing or two about grit. ?

****ing legend though. Absolute, complete, total warrior. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'd have him year for a year just on the grounds that it'd be adding to a great collection with Esteban and Mancini but he definitely doesn't have the legs for our midfield. 

What a tutor for our young players though. Might teach Maddison a thing or two about grit. ?

****ing legend though. Absolute, complete, total warrior. 

He'd be incredible for someone like Hamza and just for celebration purposes. Goosebumps at the thought of him celebrating in front of the Kop/an away end - but yeah our game would absolutely pass him by nowadays, unfortunately. 

His late winner v Sampdoria the other week was fantastic for the 'scenes'. Hope he and Ranieri can sneak into the top 4! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

He'd be incredible for someone like Hamza and just for celebration purposes. Goosebumps at the thought of him celebrating in front of the Kop/an away end - but yeah our game would absolutely pass him by nowadays, unfortunately. 

His late winner v Sampdoria the other week was fantastic for the 'scenes'. Hope he and Ranieri can sneak into the top 4! 

****ing harsh on Atalanta if they do though. 

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

****ing harsh on Atalanta if they do though. 

Absolutely - I'm hoping Inter slip up and Roma sneak in, but given that they've got Empoli at home on the final day it seems pretty unlikely. Could get nervy if they lose to Napoli and the sides around them win though, and Inter do have a history of blowing up from time to time! 

3 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Absolutely - I'm hoping Inter slip up and Roma sneak in, but given that they've got Empoli at home on the final day it seems pretty unlikely. Could get nervy if they lose to Napoli and the sides around them win though, and Inter do have a history of blowing up from time to time! 

Not convinced they won't get a result against Napoli either tbh, Napoli on their jollies already let's be honest. 

Atalanta went there and got a win. They're in cruise mode. 

• Like 1

De Rossi and Totti are 2 players I immediately think of whenever someone mentions Roma. Their loyalty is unquestionable. Not talking about shit players who just ambled along. These were 2 players are the top of their game with totally different qualities about them. And icons internationally, too.

• Like 3

In all the 2. Bundesliga turmoil, with Union being my favourite for promotion also, let's spare a thought for HSV. lol

Imploded on the last few yards, managed to get only three points from their last eight matches...

Hope they get back up to the top division, though.

40 minutes ago, StanSP said:

De Rossi and Totti are 2 players I immediately think of whenever someone mentions Roma. Their loyalty is unquestionable. Not talking about shit players who just ambled along. These were 2 players are the top of their game with totally different qualities about them. And icons internationally, too.

0399b900e62fd65e98485151daa0a1bf.jpg

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Griezmann has confirmed he will leave Atletico Madrid. 

Probably go to Barca?

Two weeks time, releases a PowerPoint slide show announcing he's staying 

Edited by Finnegan

14 hours ago, Stadt said:

Griezmann is a little bitch, he's deceptively old and I'm not convinced he'll set the world alight at Barca

Points 1 and 2 are fair. 

Point 3, mh, I don't think he'll be worth £120m given he'll have two odd seasons before he fades but I can see him being as successful with Messi as Villa was. 

Think he's a better all round footballer than Suarez and a better fit. 

23 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Think he's a better all round footballer than Suarez

I don’t disagree and perhaps it’s semantics, I think he’ll be decent there but as you said it won’t justify the outlay. I’ve not seen much of Suarez lately and I know his star isn’t exactly on the rise but his all round game is still pretty good, no?

10 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I don’t disagree and perhaps it’s semantics, I think he’ll be decent there but as you said it won’t justify the outlay. I’ve not seen much of Suarez lately and I know his star isn’t exactly on the rise but his all round game is still pretty good, no?

Thing with Suarez is that playing for Liverpool in the Prem he looked skillful, tricky, almost agile, good feet, would try just crazy stuff. 

Then you see him try and fit in with Barca and compared to the rest of them he looks like Okazaki, haha. First touch all over the place, misplaced passes, it took him quite a while to adjust. 

In the end he had to basically just stop trying to be Messi and Neymar and just accept he had different qualities to them. 

He's been a great buy and he's given them a lot but he's never been and never will be a tiki taka player per se. Where as I can see Griezmann fitting in a little bit more comfortably in that sense. This was a kid who was a very technical and quite intricate winger at Sociedad who looked nothing like the hard working, almost Vardy esque forward he is now. 

He's got great touch and balance and should be well suited to a quick possession game. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

289657-mac-sonu-mbaye-diagne-den-cok-kon

Shout out to Mbaye Diagne for having scored 30 league goals for Galatasaray this season already - in 28 matches! Had to sit out three games due to a red card suspension, too.

Two more matchdays in the Süper Lig to go. Galatasaray and Basaksehir both on 66 points, Besiktas just behind with 62.

Would love Basaksehir to win it for once.