Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

European Football 18/19

2 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Piatek is going to be a serious player in a few years.

I think sooner even. He's tearing Serie A apart in his first season while feeding off scraps most of the time (we have considerably better midfielders than AC Milan imo). Even if his goals to games ratio drops by half. by the end of the season he'll probably be worth twice as much as 35 mil Milan paid for him . This Milan team is a faint shadow of the 90s or 00s giants but thanks to signing Piątek they have a great chance to finish in top 4 and play in CL for the first time in ages. That first goal vs Atalanta reminds me of top form (circa 2015/16) Vards or Zlatan. What's most impressive for me though is his mentality, work rate and quick passing game. Thanks to all that he should be fine even if his form drops. 

His case makes me reflect on Kapustka who we had signed from the same club Genoa got Piątek from, Cracovia. I wonder how different Kapustka's career would be, if like Piątek, he went to some poorer, lesser known team from one of the top leagues (unlike LCFC who were on the up after winning the title, and then fighting to stay up the next season) when he would play regularly week in week out. Still have a little bit of faith in the Polish cabbage, hope he keeps our friends OHL up and reinvents himself (his mentality is a serious worry though).

5 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Still amused by the amount of people complaining on clubs' official Facebook pages about losing out on bets. lol

The Dortmund result last night has riled up quite a few "fans".

I assume their run of not winning coincides pretty clearly with Reus getting injured? 

3 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Wanda Nara - you wanted this.

First, you quit Maxi Lopez, now you meddle with Icardi's career.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/wanda-nara-stripping-inter-captaincy-was-like-taking-one-of/1v7h9d1sl3zdn1gh9wvkuqqyc3

Not going to end well, this.

Eh, when you strip away all of the cringe worthy page three gossip column drama, it's just the hugely familiar story of an average team's star player being ready to move on. 

He's one of the best strikers in Europe and its clear Inter aren't going to be worthy of him any time soon. The guy should have been playing regular champions league football by now and I assume he will be next season. 

The way he handles himself like a media circus obviously makes it easy for the Inter fans and board to turn on him but ultimately they're just not a powerhouse anymore.

For me the only surprise is that the Juve and United noise is louder than the Madrid noise as they're desperate for a goal scorer and he'd probably solve 90% of their problems overnight. 

Can you imagine, Icardi being supplied by Bale, Isco and Vinicius with Courtois, Varane and Ramos down the other end? Oof. 

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Eh, when you strip away all of the cringe worthy page three gossip column drama, it's just the hugely familiar story of an average team's star player being ready to move on. 

He's one of the best strikers in Europe and its clear Inter aren't going to be worthy of him any time soon. The guy should have been playing regular champions league football by now and I assume he will be next season. 

The way he handles himself like a media circus obviously makes it easy for the Inter fans and board to turn on him but ultimately they're just not a powerhouse anymore.

For me the only surprise is that the Juve and United noise is louder than the Madrid noise as they're desperate for a goal scorer and he'd probably solve 90% of their problems overnight. 

Can you imagine, Icardi being supplied by Bale, Isco and Vinicius with Courtois, Varane and Ramos down the other end? Oof. 

Icardi for Real is a great shout.

However, I have another suggestion - only slightly older, but cheaper and nearing his prime:

zapata.jpeg

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

However, I have another suggestion - only slightly older, but cheaper and nearing his prime:

zapata.jpeg

Oddly on loan from Sampdoria. A two year deal which leads to a permanent. 

So Samp have him for a year, then sign him and then immediately loan! 

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

zapata.jpeg

Not really high enough profile for Real and until this season not really prolific enough either. He's having a great year but hasn't always been that lethal. 

Real need to invest in a really high profile, high quality goal scoring replacement to fill the Ronaldo void. It's amazing that they haven't yet. I can't believe they thought Bale could fill that gap. He's a brilliant winger but he's never going to convert in to an all conquering 9 like Ronaldo has. He needs to be supplying someone. 

Icardi and Bale would be a superb combination quite frankly. 

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

@Finnegan: Seems as if Real want to get rid of Bale in the summer, so no dynamic duo with Icardi...

https://www.sport-english.com/en/news/real-madrid/telemadrid-real-madrid-ready-to-listen-to-offers-for-gareth-bale-7311717

Wonder whether they'll eye a swap with Chelsea for Hazard.

If I had a penny for every time Bale had been linked to a move away from Real, I'd be able to buy him myself. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Went to watch Anderlecht V Brugge yesterday. Best atmosphere I have witnessed in years and it further highlights just how poor the atmosphere now is in English football.

My favourite part was where one of the ultras was standing on a metal railing so the stewardess, at least 55 with grey hair, asks him to get down. He does, but immediately plants the sloppiest of kisses square on her lips... she didn’t tell him off again ? 

• Haha 1

They just... quite like him lol

It was ****ing nuts when he got his move there but he works his balls off, plays incredibly selflessly, holds the ball up for Mbappe and Co, tracks back and gets stuck in defensively. 

To all intents and purposes, it turns out he's basically their Okazaki. 

But they apparently don't really have songs for many of their players, Cavani is one of few, so the fact they've honoured Chupo Moting with his own chant is noteworthy. 

Mbappe even joined in from the bench lol

Fans of one of the biggest clubs in the world, have some of the most expensive players in the world, fall in love with a Stoke reject. Great stuff. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

On 19/02/2019 at 15:51, Finnegan said:

It's getting to the point where Benzema must have something on Perez. Think Icardi's best place to go would actually be atletico, mauro and simeone is the thing of dreams