Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

European Football 18/19

Nerve racking stuff here. Atalanta 2-1 and 3rd, Inter 1 up and 4th with AC 2-2 and missing out on the champions league.

Edit: Atalanta 3-1 up now so that’s looking done and dusted for them. Now either Inter or AC.

Edited by Costock_Fox

34 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

It’s a bit of a strange one but they aren’t allowed to play in Europe in at as it stands so I guess the logic is to rush it through for that.

Looks like they have made it anyhow, good luck to them 

Eisern Union! :punk:

61059907_10156511234982061_4966501117950164992_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-frx5-1.xx&oh=1d0c8f9e8723b8f1eaa19f9594ecb021&oe=5D555878

Promoted to the 1. Bundesliga for the first time ever - scenes at the Stadion an der alten Försterei! Germany's capital now has two top-flight teams to boast! Derbies against Hertha coming up next season.

It's going to be a heck of a party, the two clubs are on friendly terms and I'm very happy for Union, very decent club, always kept the feet on the ground, a club with fantastic, positive supporters, located in a scenic part of the Berlin area.

Well done! Glückwunsch! :appl:

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 2

Great to see a first timer in the Bundesliga, and a rare win for the 2 Bundesliga side in the relegation play-off too! I get that it's meant to be fairer, but that system really does need some reform.

Edited by Voll Blau

2 hours ago, Paddy. said:

20190528_134843.thumb.jpg.686e44532bd0010c4b7b7f01a55575d7.jpg

This. Would. Be. Hilarious.

It's an out of left field appointment but he fits the tactical profile of how Barcelona want to play. Attacking, fluid football that's entertaining to watch (a stark contrast to Valverde's style, who their fans hate)

I do have to wonder though, had Brendan stayed at Celtic perhaps Barca would be in for him instead! His Spanish lessons would certainly come in handy...

Football in Italy is amazing. It's probably the least sanitised of all the major European countries, you don't get anywhere near the same level of batshit mental elsewhere.

23 hours ago, Stadt said:

Football in Italy is amazing. It's probably the least sanitised of all the major European countries, you don't get anywhere near the same level of batshit mental elsewhere.

It's my favourite league to watch definitely, next season will be quite exciting too with seemingly every top club hitting the reset button

• 4 weeks later...

Forgot to mention next season's new teams in Ligue 1:

Metz and Brest are back up in the top division, Dijon have retained their league status after defeating Lens in the playoffs/playouts.

And Le Mans are back in Ligue 2, beating Gazélec Ajaccio in the process - Le Mans joins Rodez, who got promoted to Ligue 2 for the first time in 26 years.

Chambly, first timers in Ligue 2, will have to play their matches in two different stadiums, one in Beauvais and one in Paris. lol

Edited by MC Prussian

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Buffon returns to Juventus.

I don't really keep up with French football but I can't help but think the PSG bubble has burst a little.

They didn't exactly need Buffon, but he obviously didn't want to stay there and there have been rumblings in the press about Neymar and even Mbappe wanting out.

They are so far ahead of the competition in the league, it can't really be that much fun for the very best players, who wants to win games by 5 or 6 every other week?

Not to mention that it seems to have actually hampered their CL form. I hope other clubs learn from this, but I doubt it.

• Like 1