Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

European Football 18/19

Not enough football, too much feigning contact, clutching limbs and screaming at referee. Transitions of play are meladramatic free-kick to the next, occasional flurry of tidy football from exceptionally talented players. I feel without this whole culture of diving & whinging we'd see far more of these players qualities

14 hours ago, spacemunky said:

When he left they had just won 3 straight European titles.

Their squad is also inflated with 30+ plus players whose best days are behind them. Zidane knew this. I should imagine now he knows this season there's no pressure to win anything and he can sort the squad out over the summer. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Their squad is also inflated with 30+ plus players whose best days are behind them. Zidane knew this. I should imagine now he knows this season there's no pressure to win anything and he can sort the squad out over the summer. 

It's actually a ****ing genius move. 

Now he gets to keep the same job as he had a few months ago but expectation has gone from over 9000 to **** all. 

Plus all the fun of rebuilding the world's biggest club with near infinite resources. 

Gelson Martins is continental football's Lloyd Dyer.

Fast as ****, terrifying dribbler, great movement, gets in to good positions, works hard, runs hard. 50p boots. 

How Monaco aren't beating Lille right now I don't know. 

Adrien Silva playing if anyone interested. ESPN. 

Edited by Finnegan

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Gelson Martins is continental football's Lloyd Dyer.

Fast as ****, terrifying dribbler, great movement, gets in to good positions, works hard, runs hard. 50p boots. 

How Monaco aren't beating Lille right now I don't know. 

Adrien Silva playing if anyone interested. ESPN. 

They scored the winner at the end; by some player called Vincinius or something, who deployed excellent technique to stun the hosts.

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

They scored the winner at the end; by some player called Vincinius or something, who deployed excellent technique to stun the hosts.

It was a good goal. Took it down beautiful, juggled it over a defender and really calmed notched it by the keeper. Shit defending but good finish. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It was a good goal. Took it down beautiful, juggled it over a defender and really calmed notched it by the keeper. Shit defending but good finish. 

Agree with the latter, for sure, but the game needed that class as it was quite dull overall.

Just imagine if Iheanacho does a similar move and scores soon to end his goal drought; this place would think he's the answer to the club's key striker whenever Vardy retires, then goes back to his normal lack of goals statistic of about a goal every 10 games.. :D:whistle:

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Juventus losing for the first time in the league this season, as quite often seems to happen it wasn't against the greatest side in the league (Genoa). Napoli can cut the gap to a measly 15 points. Here and Germany are certainly the places to be in terms of a title race this season. 

19 minutes ago, Langston said:

Couple of tasty looking games in Serie A and Ligue 1 tonight, is the Milan derby still half-decent in terms of a sense of occasion? The last time I was interested I think Channel 5 had the rights to it over here.

It's recently become better. A couple of season ago there were two very good matches. They can be quite cagey affairs until there's a goal. 

I'd say AC are favourites. Inter's form has taken a big hit since Icardi fell out with the hierarchy. 

• Thanks 1