Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

European Football 18/19

On 12/05/2019 at 17:32, Voll Blau said:

Paderborn pumped Hamburg today, so it's the former or Union Berlin for the remaining automatic spot.

Another Hamburg derby to look forward to next year.

Paderborn up after Bochum managed to hold Union to a draw, so Union v Stuttgart in the two-legged playoffs. Hoping for a Union win, would be great to see a Berlin derby in the Bundesliga.

23 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Union and Hertha haven't played each other in 40 years or something, chaos if they go up

No chaos, both fan factions are on friendly terms with each other, no antipathy around whatsoever.

Hertha fans are actually looking forward to Union coming up a division.

Sell Pulisic for £60m

Buy Brandt and Hazard for £48m

Well played Dortmund... well played lollol 

Premier League clubs continuing to get royally screwed and seemingly be fine with it! 

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Sell Pulisic for £60m

Premier League clubs continuing to get royally screwed and seemingly be fine with it! 

Chelsea no doubt brought Pulisic knowing they'd be losing Eden Hazard. To them that's a cheap price compared to what they'd probably have to pay for him this summer.

Dortmund not messing about though with their business! 2 very good players there for a collective sum of £48m is good business.

20 hours ago, AjcW said:

Sell Pulisic for £60m

18 hours ago, StanSP said:

Chelsea no doubt brought Pulisic knowing they'd be losing Eden Hazard. To them that's a cheap price compared to what they'd probably have to pay for him this summer.

Dortmund not messing about though with their business! 2 very good players there for a collective sum of £48m is good business.

Dortmund are just doing what Bayern have been doing for years, if not decades: Buy the best talent in the domestic league in order to weaken the immediate opposition.

£48m is still a lot of money for a Bundesliga club, not many can afford that kind of dough for only two players. Dortmund stocks are also available for purchase on the market, so that's where they've got a fair share of their investment from.

Football on the whole thrives on underdogs winning things, and our title was so far the last real triumph for the sport, not just in romantic terms.

Long gone are the Kaiserslauterns or Werder Bremens winning the Bundesliga title. The last ten years have seen only two teams win the "salad bowl", as the trophy is known in the football scene. Bayern are currently on 17 title wins out of the last 25 seasons! Utter dominance, no wonder people cheer on teams who manage to beat them.

Edited by MC Prussian

13 hours ago, StanSP said:

Buying Pulisic to replace Hazard is like buying Ghezzal to replace Mahrez. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, AjcW said:

Sell Pulisic for £60m

They also bought Schulz who is another highly rated player in Germany and exactly what Dortmund needed. Dortmund are really stocking up and along with RB Leipzig pushing themselves, next season could be very interesting.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

If anyone is interested and needs a Football fix Monaco play away to Nice at 20.05 tonight. Its a decent opportunity to see Silva playing. There will be streams on reddit but chances are they will have French commentators. 

Mercy bowcoup Suze :thumbup:

• Haha 1

****ing hell Claudio.

Last day of Serie A today and a win for Atalanta sees them in the champions league for the first time ever. I would imagine they won’t play the games in Bergamo which is a shame but I’ll still try and get over for a match I recon.

Racism in football exists, racism in Italian football exists. The problem is how it is portrayed - not just in the media - and how widespread and accepted it truly is.

I mean, bias aside, if I had to pick between a veteran calcio player and manager with tons of Serie A matches under his belt and the opinions of English football fans on an internet forum, whom would I call more credible...?

Condemn racism in football, but also condemn the whipped-up media frenzy about racism in football.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

****ing hell Claudio.

Last day of Serie A today and a win for Atalanta sees them in the champions league for the first time ever. I would imagine they won’t play the games in Bergamo which is a shame but I’ll still try and get over for a match I recon.

Playing in Sassuolo’s ground - the stadium in Bergamo is being refurbished too. The main Curva is rubble at the mo 

15 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Playing in Sassuolo’s ground - the stadium in Bergamo is being refurbished too. The main Curva is rubble at the mo 

Yeah exactly. It wasn’t rubble before mate, I couldn’t walk for a week after sitting on that ?

I know its early yet, but how stupid of atalanta, to start work on the ground now so basically they have to play there last home game at the away team, probally one of there biggest games ever, to qualify for the champions league!!!! There losing 1.0 

Edited by lestajigs

28 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

I know its early yet, but how stupid of atalanta, to start work on the ground now so basically they have to play there last home game at the away team, probally one of there biggest games ever, to qualify for the champions league!!!! There losing 1.0 

It’s a bit of a strange one but they aren’t allowed to play in Europe in at as it stands so I guess the logic is to rush it through for that.