Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Sweden V England Quarter Final 7th July 15:00 KO

7 minutes ago, bovril said:

I'd rather have Croatia than Russia. Just don't trust Russia not to get some dodgy decisions. 

If we get Croatia, which i think we will. We sure as hell are going to lose the midfield fight. Shame we dont have anyone in the England camp that we can bypass midfield and pass the long ball too. You know maybe someone with pace and isnt afraid of scoring. :O 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bovril said:

I'd rather have Croatia than Russia. Just don't trust Russia not to get some dodgy decisions. 

Wouldn't be 100% confident walking around Moscow via being an Englishman if we do get Russia..

3 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

If we get Croatia, which i think we will. We sure as hell are going to lose the midfield fight. Shame we dont have anyone in the England camp that we can bypass midfield and pass the long ball too. You know maybe someone with pace and isnt afraid of scoring. :O 

It’s not going to happen until 75 in. Mind you wouldn’t be so sure we’ll lose the midfield. 

Edited by ARM1968

Just now, ARM1968 said:

It going to happen until 75 mind in. Mind you wouldn’t be so sure we’ll lose the midfield. 

In my opinion, our midfield has been lacking and from watching every Croatian game (since my bloody BFF is Croatian) i think we may struggle. I bloody hope not. Im confident we will score more goals, but my biggest worry is we will lose the mid-fight battle.  Will that matter? I hope not :D 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Wouldn't be 100% confident walking around Moscow via being an Englishman if we do get Russia..

Via? Strange choice of word as it means passing through, travelling. Think you mean whilst.

Anyway, doubt there will be trouble, there's been non so far. Probably more likely to be trouble if the Russians go out.

Aye i think had the Russians been kicked out earlier there would have been more trouble, just a guess and we shall never know. They are on a high right now so everyone is lovey dovey. 

So far so good so lets see, although if Croatia win tonight i'm not so confident there wont be some back lash in the papers tomorrow

2 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Aye i think had the Russians been kicked out earlier there would have been more trouble, just a guess and we shall never know. They are on a high right now so everyone is lovey dovey. 

So far so good so lets see, although if Croatia win tonight i'm not so confident there wont be some back lash in the papers tomorrow

Maybe because of their government's recent behaviour nobody's had the nerve to beat them...

:ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

In my opinion, our midfield has been lacking and from watching every Croatian game (since my bloody BFF is Croatian) i think we may struggle. I bloody hope not. Im confident we will score more goals, but my biggest worry is we will lose the mid-fight battle.  Will that matter? I hope not :D 

I do agree to some extent Suzie. If we meet Croatia in the Semi I think the way the team is playing, we may hold our own in midfield. Be a close game, but I think we would win it. 

• Like 1

Just now, ARM1968 said:

I do agree to some extent Suzie. If we meet Croatia in the Semi I think the way the team is playing, we may hold our own in midfield. Be a close game, but I think we would win it. 

Me too. I had £1 on Croatia as my outside chance team of winning and will be more than happy to lose that :D 

The thought of France v England final though is scary. 

3 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Me too. I had £1 on Croatia as my outside chance team of winning and will be more than happy to lose that :D 

The thought of France v England final though is scary. 

We’ll win it. Southgate will just need to read some Henry V to the lads - once more into the breach etc......  it’s ours. 

25 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

It’s on BBC

26 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

My tv planner says Wednesday's match is on the BBC.

Your planner will have said that for several days as they're provisionaal schedules, it'll soon be updated. The game will only be shown on ITV. It'd be a short sighted decision in the long term for the BBC to break the agreement (which they might not be able to do if it's a legal agreement) and show it. It would likely ruin their working relationship and take it back to 2010 when it was at an all time low.

BBC would massacre ITV if we get to the final anyway

ITV only. Remember that. Enjoy Hoddle in all his glory

Edited by Footballwipe

12 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Your planner will have said that for several days as they're provisionaal schedules, it'll soon be updated. The game will only be shown on ITV. It'd be a short sighted decision in the long term for the BBC to break the agreement (which they might not be able to do if it's a legal agreement) and show it. It would likely ruin their working relationship and take it back to 2010 when it was at an all time low.

BBC would massacre ITV if we get to the final anyway

ITV only. Remember that. Enjoy Hoddle in all his glory

Hoddle with his tongue literally imbedded to the naval up every Spurs players arse. 

Edited by ARM1968

26 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

:wub:Loved how Southgate is still there applauding the fans, I wasn’t exactly for his appointment but bloody hell I love the guy now ? 

Yep, I dismissed him as a yes man when appointed.

Lots of nations appoint internally, under 21 managers etc - Joachim Loew for example - and have done all right. We've consistently appointed club managers like Capello who have been expensive flops. Working with these players from under 21s to the senior side is a huge plus. Players look like they like him and want to do well for him.

Whatever happens the future is bright for the English national side. Imagine a Kane / Rashford striker partnership, with both in their prime in 4 years time?