Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Would you like safe standing?

Would you like safe standing?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Safe Standing? JUST a standing area- no seats in the area at all!

So it has been claimed only 5% of fans would like a Safe Standing area with no seats at all. I wasnt sure where this percentage came from so i thought it best to ask.

Edited by MPH

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

Yes, but your question is slightly inaccurate. Safe standing areas have seats in them, but they're just locked in the 'up' position as part of the rail.

I get the reference in the title, but this is one of the problems with the campaign, misinformation of what Safe Standing actually is. Too many people think it's a return to the old model or something completely erroneous. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Yes, but your question is slightly inaccurate. Safe standing areas have seats in them, but they're just locked in the 'up' position as part of the rail.

Not necessarily - a safe standing area can take into account the amount of people permitted in an area.. you could have the same sized area as  was allowed for standing before but allow 100 less people in it, for example... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Simi said:

I get the reference in the title, but this is one of the problems with the campaign, misinformation of what Safe Standing actually is. Too many people think it's a return to the old model or something completely erroneous. 

The mis information for safe standing is that people assume allowing seats is the ONLY option for safe standing

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Not necessarily - a safe standing area can take into account the amount of people permitted in an area.. you could have the same sized area as  was allowed for standing before but allow 100 less people in it, for example... 

I'm sorry, I really don't understand what you're trying to say? Flip-down seats are included as part of the railings in safe standing areas, so it's erroneous to say there are "no seats" in the area at all.

33 minutes ago, MPH said:

That is what was outlawed after Hillsborough.

There was a standing “limit” but the gates got opened and people just piled in.

There is no way this would ever be allowed nowadays.

The only standing that is an option currently (in Europe) is rail seats.

1 minute ago, City1884 said:

That is what was outlawed after Hillsborough.

There was a standing “limit” but the gates got opened and people just piled in.

There is no way this would ever be allowed nowadays.

The only standing that is an option currently (in Europe) is rail seats.

Im talking about a reduced limit - allowing less that  would of been allowed before, and obviously with NO extra people allowed , but that goes without saying...

The problem with polls like this is that This forum is probably made up of a greater % of the hard core singing, shouting, and standing fans anyway.

The % that say yes on foxestalk is (probably) going to be significantly higher than the % that would say yes if the 32000 in the stadium on any given match day were asked.

Ask all the fans in SK1 for example, and you’d probably be near 100%?

The sample on here is very skewed.

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Im talking about a reduced limit - allowing less that  would of been allowed before, and obviously with NO extra people allowed , but that goes without saying...

No, you're talking about two different things entirely. An open terrace (Hillsborough) and a rail seating area (what Celtic/Shrewsbury have).

• Like 2

The problem with polls like this is that This forum is probably made up of a greater % of the hard core singing, shouting, and standing fans anyway.

The % that say yes on foxestalk is (probably) going to be significantly higher than the % that would say yes if the 32000 in the stadium on any given match day were asked.

That's just a guess.

If there were any sense 100% would be for it, Safe standing eliminates problems and gives fans a choice, unless you have no grasp of what safe standing is then you'd have to be an idiot to be against it.

• Like 1

Just now, Voll Blau said:

No, you're talking about two different things entirely. An open terrace (Hillsborough) and a rail seating area (what Celtic/Shrewsbury have).

no i am not.  Im talking about a safe standing area- a terraced but one that has a reduced capacity .. less people than a regular terraced thus making it safer to stand in. reducing the risk of  any type of crush injury... you're making it far more complicated than it needs to be for your self to understand.

1 minute ago, MPH said:

That's just a guess.

Of course it is, but an educated one?

The people that spend time debating things on here, are probably very enthusiatic about the club, and therefore probably are the same enthusiastic fans at games?

Tell you what, poll how many people on here sit in the Kop, or next to the away fans?

i’d wager It’s a high percentage again?

2 minutes ago, City1884 said:

Of course it is, but an educated one?

The people that spend time debating things on here, are probably very enthusiatic about the club, and therefore probably are the same enthusiastic fans at games?

Tell you what, poll how many people on here sit in the Kop, or next to the away fans?

i’d wager It’s a high percentage again?

Ithere used to be a long terrace  at the front of the Old main stand at filbert street.

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

no i am not.  Im talking about a safe standing area- a terraced but one that has a reduced capacity .. less people than a regular terraced thus making it safer to stand in. reducing the risk of  any type of crush injury... you're making it far more complicated than it needs to be for your self to understand.

So you would like the club to spend money converting seats into a Terrance and then let less fans in 

I can’t see any reason why the club are not ripping your arm off for this idea 

10 minutes ago, MPH said:

So if the gates got opened for any reason, allowing people to just pile in, what stops everyone getting pushed down the terrace and then trampled?

(ie Hillsborough)

Edited by City1884

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

But that's not what is being asked for, your description implies just a few rails as it was in the past and the danger there wasn't just numbers it was crowds swarming downwards together with the risk of people falling underneath.

What is being asked for is rail standing where every position that someone can stand in has a rail in front of them as a bonus and to provide flexibility in how the stand is utilised locked up seats would also be fitted.

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

Ithere used to be a long terrace  at the front of the Old main stand at filbert street.

Correct but I don’t get your point that was 25 years ago 

Edited by jammie82uk

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Right, so what you're describing there is a rail seating area which, as I've mentioned, includes flip-up seats as part of the design. Mentioning terraces is just going to confuse people. No clubs in England are proposing to implement an open terrace.

1 hour ago, martyn said:

If I could, I'd answer "Yes" and "Not Bothered".

I wouldn't make use of Safe Standing personally, but i definitely would welcome the addition of it to the stadium.

I'm on a similar fence, although leaning the other way.

Would I like safe standing seats? Yeah sure.

Would I make use of them? Probably.

Am I really that bothered? No.

Would I keep going to Leicester matches if they don't add safe standing? Yes.

Would my experience at a football match be greatly enhanced with safe standing? Probably not.

Edited by AKCJ