Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Would you like safe standing?

Would you like safe standing?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Safe Standing? JUST a standing area- no seats in the area at all!

58 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Right, so what you're describing there is a rail seating area which, as I've mentioned, includes flip-up seats as part of the design. Mentioning terraces is just going to confuse people. No clubs in England are proposing to implement an open terrace.

oh my gosh...lol  NO RAIL SEATING INCLUDED.

whats hard to understand about that? i even put it in the title

1 hour ago, davieG said:

But that's not what is being asked for, your description implies just a few rails as it was in the past and the danger there wasn't just numbers it was crowds swarming downwards together with the risk of people falling underneath.

What is being asked for is rail standing where every position that someone can stand in has a rail in front of them as a bonus and to provide flexibility in how the stand is utilised locked up seats would also be fitted.

The only times rails have really failed to do their job has been when too many people  were allowed into the standing area, not only would no extra people be allowed in ala Hillsborough, there would be a reduced capacity from  what was previously allowed to reduce the risk of what you mentiuoned.

I enjoyed standing at Filbert Street, when I was younger, but know I'm older I wouldn't use it.

However I can understand why people would like the option and I would be against it.

Suppose that makes me not bothered....

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

I'd like to know where the 5% (that want it) Susan Whelan came up with came from. 5% of what? Our entire fanbase? Season ticket holders? The Board? 

I was at the first ever FCC meeting and it was quite clear she was opposed to it then, yet completely uninformed. She mentioned fencing and barbed wire :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

The only times rails have really failed to do their job has been when too many people  were allowed into the standing area, not only would no extra people be allowed in ala Hillsborough, there would be a reduced capacity from  what was previously allowed to reduce the risk of what you mentiuoned.

I think you're wrong I've seen people hurt when crowds have swarmed under the old system there may not have been 1000s in one go I've even fallen under swarm myself. 

In fact I would argue there's  potential more risk of individual injury when there's more space for the swarm to move than when it's packed tightly hence the need for continuous railing on each step level.

Although Hillsborough can be put down to over crowding a lot of the deaths were caused because of the fencing so fans were crushed at the bottom of the swarm.

10 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I enjoyed standing at Filbert Street, when I was younger, but know I'm older I wouldn't use it.

However I can understand why people would like the option and would be against it.

Suppose that makes me not bothered....

Out of interest, why do you think people would be against it? 

1 hour ago, MPH said:

There are two types of standing areas, rail seating and open terraces. Are you suggesting the latter?

Edited by Voll Blau

40 minutes ago, MPH said:

I think it's important as the railed seating open is far safer that option terracing.

Not everyone understands what safe standing is or looks like.

Good idea with the poll, it will be interesting to see if the club's 5% for, is reflected in the fan base on here.

Edited by coolhandfox
Typo
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, MPH said:

But there are seats included in all safe standing areas/railing. They're just flipped up as mentioned above.  No one wants or is suggesting railings with no seats. An aspect of safe standing also requires you to have a specific ticket for where you stand. So there is no risk whatsoever of crushing or crowds piling in. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BrummieFOX said:

Ah. Got ya. I am intrigued as to why anyone might be against it. I'm biased but it seems a no brainer. 

I think as long as its safe and fans have a choice whether to sit or stand, it a could be a no brainer.

I suppose it depends on what you have experienced, in the 80's and 90's have had good experiences of standing and some bad ones

But say that I've experienced worse, when cueing for the London Eye with the kids, got involved in a crowd crush issue there and it was a little scary! 

Yes. I used to love standing in pen 2 as a youth. The atmosphere goes up a few notches when a section of the stadium stands. I want to watch my team play in the best atmosphere possible. If it’s ‘safe’ standing, it’s a no brainer

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

There are two types of standing areas, rail seating and open terraces. Are you suggesting the latter?

terraces with reduced capacity to make it safer to stand.. NO SEATING no rail seating no seating at all

I think you must be trolling because i have explained this several times now...

1 hour ago, MPH said:

terraces with reduced capacity to make it safer to stand.. NO SEATING no rail seating no seating at all

Right, so you want terracing. That's not the same as safe standing areas.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

...and several times people have said that's not what people are asking for so is a complete red herring to the debate. As I've explained above the danger of standing is the swarming effect and with total railing that can't happen whereas with what your suggesting that's what we had before when we had open terraces and a few scatter railings and there was always a capacity limit.

Have you ever experienced what your suggesting?

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

Right, so you want terracing. That's not the same as safe standing areas.

stop being a melt.  you know exactly what i mean. you have known all along 

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

...and several times people have said that's not what people are asking for so is a complete red herring to the debate. As I've explained above the danger of standing is the swarming effect and with total railing that can't happen whereas with what your suggesting that's what we had before when we had open terraces and a few scatter railings and there was always a capacity limit.

Have you ever experienced what your suggesting?

i made MY question and MY poll question/ options  very clear.

how can i if its not yet available at Leicester/ prem games.

chuffin nora. Roll on the England game.

20 minutes ago, MPH said:

stop being a melt.  you know exactly what i mean. you have known all along 

i made MY question and MY poll question/ options  very clear.

how can i if its not yet available at Leicester/ prem games.

chuffin nora. Roll on the England game.

Well your question wasn't clear otherwise there would not have been so many posts trying to clarify what you're after.

Plus you brought into the debate a completely different option and my first reaction was that it was either worded in a confusing way or that you had misunderstood what people have been campaigning for because they know, now i know that what you're asking for will never ever be allowed.

So I'm out.

• Like 2