Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Would you like safe standing?

Would you like safe standing?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Safe Standing? JUST a standing area- no seats in the area at all!

48 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I'd love safe standing for others who want to stand - I don't want to stand but sometime soon I need people who want to stand to be able to stand.

Mainly so they shut the fvck up about it.

I'll take that lol 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MPH said:

stop being a melt.  you know exactly what i mean. you have known all along 

i made MY question and MY poll question/ options  very clear.

how can i if its not yet available at Leicester/ prem games.

chuffin nora. Roll on the England game.

It was very unclear. You called it safe standing, yet then argued that what you actually meant was old school terracing which we all know probably isn't safe in this day and age. What a strange thread. 

Enjoy the game mate. We'll be the ones in either white or red. 

5 hours ago, MPH said:

So it has been claimed only 5% of fans would like a Safe Standing area with no seats at all. I wasnt sure where this percentage came from so i thought it best to ask.

My understanding is that SW claimed that 5% of supporters would use safe standing if it was available not that they would like safe standing to be installed.  I for one am not particularly surprised by that figure as most people these days prefer to watch any form of entertainment in comfort.

You still haven't clarified what you mean by safe standing without the seats.  Can tou give an example of where this is currently used?

1 minute ago, Robo61 said:

My understanding is that SW claimed that 5% of supporters would use safe standing if it was available not that they would like safe standing to be installed.  I for one am not particularly surprised by that figure as most people these days prefer to watch any form of entertainment in comfort.

You still haven't clarified what you mean by safe standing without the seats.  Can tou give an example of where this is currently used?

After reading about a dozen posts from him it appears He wants open Terrace standing like you use to have in this country 30 years ago 

When I saw the thread title I assumed it meant rail seating so I voted yes, I would love to be able to stand at games again. Now I think it means the old style terraces it's a definite no, I remember the days when blokes would piss at the back and it would run through my sandals :(

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

When I saw the thread title I assumed it meant rail seating so I voted yes, I would love to be able to stand at games again. Now I think it means the old style terraces it's a definite no, I remember the days when blokes would piss at the back and it would run through my sandals :(

That cannot be described as "safe  standing".

5 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

If there were any sense 100% would be for it, Safe standing eliminates problems and gives fans a choice, unless you have no grasp of what safe standing is then you'd have to be an idiot to be against it.

Does my head in. People stand safely at gigs, rugby, cricket, motor racing, horse racing... the list goes on... but apparently football fans will stampede at the slightest provocation.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Does my head in. People stand safely at gigs, rugby, cricket, motor racing, horse racing... the list goes on... but apparently football fans will stampede at the slightest provocation.

At gigs, rugby, cricket, motor racing, horse racing you can also have a drink while watching the sport. Thank Thatcher for that rule.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

1 hour ago, promised land said:

At gigs, rugby, cricket, motor racing, horse racing you can also have a drink while watching the sport. Thank Thatcher for that rule.

Are you pair being serious? It’s the fans that ruined it nobody else 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

At the end of the day, it's all about rights.

Fans have rights to sit down if they want, and alternatively fans who wish to stand should be allowed to providing their respective club they support have an allocated section for them so that no trouble arises between them and those that sit down behind them and complain about it.

Those that wish to stand should stand at the back and try and create an atmosphere from there, until (if) safe standing is implemented.

At the moment, feel as if this safe standing debate has dragged on, unnecessarily, for too long. Will safe standing actually improve the overall stadium atmosphere overall, or is it just wanted for those that like to stand with their mates etc and act as if they're 'superior' to the fans who prefer to sit down but also support the team on?

I'm a yes, no, not bothered.

Yes - in principle if people want to stand that's fine as long as it's safe.

Not bothered. - I prefer to sit have done for years.

No - Our stadium is nearly at capacity, if you look at the kop, it's a mix of all ages and I don't want to see anyone forced to leave a seat they've sat in for nearly 20 years just to accommodate a minority.

9 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Think it would be fantastic if the entire Kop was standing. Would be a cracking atmosphere.

The sound of Zimmer frames and walking aids being cast aside would be deafening. I've sat in SK3 since the ground opened and it's noticeable nowadays how some people are struggling to get to their seats let alone stand for the whole game. Where's the payback for the club to move and alienate hundreds of loyal supporters for a minority who seem to stand anyway in other parts of the ground.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I'd love to know why 12 people have voted no.

Because the question is do you want the old style terracing not do you want safe standing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, foxgas said:

The sound of Zimmer frames and walking aids being cast aside would be deafening. I've sat in SK3 since the ground opened and it's noticeable nowadays how some people are struggling to get to their seats let alone stand for the whole game. Where's the payback for the club to move and alienate hundreds of loyal supporters for a minority who seem to stand anyway in other parts of the ground.

That's because the all used to sit in the old double decker. The only way I can see the KOP going the majority safe standing is if the build a new double decker and move them there.

• Like 1

On 06/07/2018 at 14:31, City1884 said:

The only standing that is an option currently (in Europe) is rail seats.

Rail seats are used in Germany however the majority of standing areas are terracing, just like we used to have here. I've stood on the yellow wall in Dortmund. The front two thirds (maybe about 15,000 people) is a terrace. The rear third is rail seats. I've stood behind the goal at Schalke, again a big old style terrace.  3 of the 4 stands at Burton Albion are terraces, although not very deep.  It's wrong to say the only standing that exists is rail seats. Attached is a picture I just found of Dortmunds terrace.

dortmund-hsv_201702131520_half.jpg

Edited by Snik-Snok
  • Like 1

I watch Aldershot quite a bit.An average gate of 2200ish and with plenty of seats available,70% will opt to stand.About the same % as  Filbo when we had gates of 10000.I know it’s slightly different now in modern stadia but if there’s a choice then people would probably use it.Even using this “safe standing”method.

Edited by Heathrow fox
Safe not standing