Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

Leicester music scene

I feel like there's probably already a thread but couldn't find it in a search. Apologies if there is.

As far as I know the Leicester music scene's in a better place than it has been for a while with Kamakaze and Easy Life on the verge of getting bigger. Handmade festival whilst not my scene particularly seems to be burgeoning and Tex fest will hopefully grow into something better.

Edited by Wookie
  • Like 1

I left Leicestershire as a kid so didn't get the chance to sample the music scene. Though my Mum used to make the stage clothes for a fairly well known band - The Family - way before I was born.

Well, hope the contemporary scene is getting decent exposure anyway. And I hope Folk music isn't dominating Leicester like it is here in Kendal! Yawn....

6 hours ago, baker11 said:

Mahalia is also making quite a name for herself.

One of my daughters went to school with her. I remember we went to to a prize giving night once and the school put her on,with others,to perform every 10 minutes. The whole thing was suppose to end at 9, we had to sneak out at a quarter to 10, it was still going.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Mahalia nominated for The Critics’ choice award at the Brits

Easy life doing bits

Kamakaze going in

Stephen Graham in Leicester band Gazelle's video (meh)

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Kamakaze's Royal Blud 2 EP out now, produced by Leicester's Massappeals and features other Chisits, Morgan Munroe and Jafro (who I once badly tried to wingman in Republic).

Edited by Stadt

• 2 weeks later...