Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

Leicester music scene

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Not sure if this is the right thread but I think Prog rock group This winter machine are playing Leicester tonight at "the musician" which must be a newish venue I guess.

I think Karibow are there too:

If anyone goes let me know what they were like.

9 hours ago, FIF said:

Not sure if this is the right thread but I think Prog rock group This winter machine are playing Leicester tonight at "the musician" which must be a newish venue I guess.

I think Karibow are there too:

If anyone goes let me know what they were like.

The musician has been around for ages and ages

• Like 1

Leicester’s in a great place to have a cracking music scene over the next few years.

i think the folks who run the cookie have played a massive part in this.

for many years Leicester didn’t have a decent small venue to bring up and coming bands to The Musican is really a place for your dad, although I did see Royal Flood there. Firebug/ soundhouse etc never really did it consistently.

but the cookie has managed to provide a space to put on some decent bands and give a place for local artists to play and see bands as well.

you also have promoters like robot needs home who have put on some great shows. 

Next few few years could be great for Leicester bands and live music.

• Like 4

The Cookie is a cracking little venue and it's done a top job with comedy and music over the past few years, its central and the staff are fantastic.

However, its just too bloody small. It's been home to some of my favourite gigs both stand up and bands, but anyone of note fills out the downstairs and it either becomes a struggle grappling with folk, or you stand back and you can't see anything. They've put some weight behind the Dryden St Social which is fine as a venue but its just off Belgrave Gate, its a heap and near absolutely nothing, and the only other venue they promote is the O2 which is, and always has been too far out the bloody way and a nightmare to navigate because it's essentially the student union with no discernable entrance.

I wish the o2 was independent of the uni and a little more central because it'd genuinely give the live music scene in town a chance to thrive.

• 1 month later...
On 25/04/2019 at 11:52, Ric Flair said:

Demons of Ruby Mae are from Leicester but now based in Manchester. These are my mates so i'm possibly biased, but they are very good. Beneath The Surface was used on the closing credits of an episode of Suits which has gotten them a fair bit of attention.

https://youtu.be/JxvDdzleZ8U

My work mate saw them this summer, correct me if I’m wrong but I think it was an outdoor event in Leicester, he really liked them. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

My work mate saw them this summer, correct me if I’m wrong but I think it was an outdoor event in Leicester, he really liked them. 

Yes, they headlined a gig at DeMontfort I think at the end of the summer. They've got an upcoming gig this month in Leicester too, i'll find the details if anyone's interested.

• Like 1