Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Stadt

Leicester music scene

Recommended Posts

Easy life dropped a new EP yesterday

 

Sunday is the best track on there

 

Edited by Stadt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was well into these when I was at college. Most of the band still are around in music with a few owning a vinyl shop in town and the lead singer did pretty well with 'BoyKidCloud' the DJ and as a producer as 'massappeals'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Demons of Ruby Mae are from Leicester but now based in Manchester. These are my mates so i'm possibly biased, but they are very good. Beneath The Surface was used on the closing credits of an episode of Suits which has gotten them a fair bit of attention.

 

https://youtu.be/JxvDdzleZ8U

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two new uns from Easy Life

 

Serge has done a track on his own

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are great. Mainly covers but really good live and regularly play around the city.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is the right thread but I think Prog rock group This winter machine are playing Leicester tonight at "the musician" which must be a newish venue I guess.

 

 

I think Karibow are there too:

 

If anyone goes let me know what they were like.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FIF said:

Not sure if this is the right thread but I think Prog rock group This winter machine are playing Leicester tonight at "the musician" which must be a newish venue I guess.

 

 

I think Karibow are there too:

 

If anyone goes let me know what they were like.

 

The musician has been around for ages and ages

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leicester’s in a great place to have a cracking music scene over the next few years.

 

i think the folks who run the cookie have played a massive part in this.

 

for many years Leicester didn’t have a decent small venue to bring up and coming bands to The Musican is really a place for your dad, although I did see Royal Flood there. Firebug/ soundhouse etc never really did it consistently.

 

but the cookie has managed to provide a space to put on some decent bands and give a place for local artists to play and see bands as well.

 

you also have promoters like robot needs home who have put on some great shows. 

 

Next few few years could be great for Leicester bands and live music.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Cookie is a cracking little venue and it's done a top job with comedy and music over the past few years, its central and the staff are fantastic.

However, its just too bloody small. It's been home to some of my favourite gigs both stand up and bands, but anyone of note fills out the downstairs and it either becomes a struggle grappling with folk, or you stand back and you can't see anything. They've put some weight behind the Dryden St Social which is fine as a venue but its just off Belgrave Gate, its a heap and near absolutely nothing, and the only other venue they promote is the O2 which is, and always has been too far out the bloody way and a nightmare to navigate because it's essentially the student union with no discernable entrance.

I wish the o2 was independent of the uni and a little more central because it'd genuinely give the live music scene in town a chance to thrive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Think it's just one chap? 

 

Get a tonne of airplay.

Drummer and lead singer are iirc

 

 

New Easy Life, it's gooood.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/04/2019 at 11:52, Ric Flair said:

Demons of Ruby Mae are from Leicester but now based in Manchester. These are my mates so i'm possibly biased, but they are very good. Beneath The Surface was used on the closing credits of an episode of Suits which has gotten them a fair bit of attention.

 

https://youtu.be/JxvDdzleZ8U

 

 

My work mate saw them this summer, correct me if I’m wrong but I think it was an outdoor event in Leicester, he really liked them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

My work mate saw them this summer, correct me if I’m wrong but I think it was an outdoor event in Leicester, he really liked them. 

Yes, they headlined a gig at DeMontfort I think at the end of the summer. They've got an upcoming gig this month in Leicester too, i'll find the details if anyone's interested.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes, they headlined a gig at DeMontfort I think at the end of the summer. They've got an upcoming gig this month in Leicester too, i'll find the details if anyone's interested.

That’s sounds right. And yes please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...