Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FoxesTalk Fantasy Premier League - 2018/2019

8 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Just replied on other thread you started but was deleted, haha.  I think conventional wisdom is to use the Triple Captain chip on one of the double game weeks but to be honest most of the time it's down to sheer fluke.  Team looks OK, how are you getting on?  X

I never knew there are double game weeks as I always get one free transfer per fixture so I assumed the app operates match by match unlike Sky app?   

Edited by The Blur

2 hours ago, The Blur said:

I never knew there are double game weeks as I always get one free transfer per fixture so I assumed the app operates match by match unlike Sky app?   

The double game weeks come around once games start to get rearranged due to the FA Cup. Normally ones in gameweek 33/34 and 37.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Osavo said:

The double game weeks come around once games start to get rearranged due to the FA Cup. Normally ones in gameweek 33/34 and 37.

Ah okay,  I thought it would come in play during Christmas fixtures but was surprised when it was not the case.    I now can see why it was the case as rearranged fixtures would not be part of the original matches schedule.  Shame that I have already used my triple captain  (on Aubameyang when I thought Arsenal would crush Huddersfield at home but they whimpered home with a 1-0 win! with an assist from Aubameyang!  Typical Fantasy Football eh?)   Thanks.  

• Like 2

Had a torrid time so far this season with seemingly every pick going against me (early transfer Mane -> KdB didnt work out, took a hit to swap Ryan out for Hart who was then dropped, etc), but still just about clinging on. Still got all my chips so hopefully I can benefit from those and work my way back up.

Somehow I'm still in the cup. Don't think I've ever got this far in it before, so naturally I'll go out this week to a dead team.

3 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I might go for the ultimate differential and triple captain Amartey in his first game back. 

In a head to head league I'm in, a guy i was playing triple captained Shaw in the first game of the season :mad:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Toying with the idea of swapping in Barnes for Maddison today but unsure if Puel will start him!

bloody annoyed that barnes has come in as our second most expensive midfielder. thought i’d be able to buy him for about the same price as hamza or something at like 4.5 mill, not 5.5. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

bloody annoyed that barnes has come in as our second most expensive midfielder. thought i’d be able to buy him for about the same price as hamza or something at like 4.5 mill, not 5.5. 

Me too - surprised he’s more than Gray.

On 13/01/2019 at 13:04, Peckfortonfox said:

5.5  That’s ridiculous. Thought I could sneak him in for 5.0

Yeah I would have been tempted but not at that price  We also have the hardest fixtures of any team over the next 5 game weeks so probably not a good time to bring any of our players in.  I already have Ricardo and he's been doing great recently but trying to fight the urge to have any other of our players as I think only really Ricardo is a good shout at the minute.  X

53 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

We are very close!  What is the common consensus on what is a "successful" season?  top 100000?  Top 300000?

YOY improvements since I have played so I have to aim for top 10,000

its all about those double and reduced game weeks towards the end of the season.

03DB214E-A511-4A0E-B079-4EEE9C9EA77E.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

its all about those double and reduced game weeks towards the end of the season.

Great finish last year! My best is about 50000. Yeah agree with you about double/blank gw. I think a big part also is getting a good start. After a while a lot of teams look the same but you really can pull away at the beginning. I also think sheer luck plays a huge part. The guy currently at number 1 has never finished in top million before. X 

Edited by RumbleFox

7 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Great finish last year! My best is about 50000. Yeah agree with you about double/blank gw. I think a big part also is getting a good start. After a while a lot of teams look the same but you really can pull away at the beginning. I also think sheer luck plays a huge part. The guy currently at number 1 has never finished in top million before. X 

Yep Understand the rules and luck is what it’s all about 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 11:24, Peckfortonfox said:

I'm new to Premier League FF as used to use the Telegraph one.  What is double and reduced game weeks all about, if you don't mind me asking?

1 hour ago, pazzerfox said:

I'm new to Premier League FF as used to use the Telegraph one.  What is double and reduced game weeks all about, if you don't mind me asking?

Double game weeks usually occur when games are rearranged (usually thanks to FA Cup). Reduced game weeks will happen in a couple of weeks as well when Chelsea and Man City don't play because of the EFL Cup Final. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Double game weeks usually occur when games are rearranged (usually thanks to FA Cup). Reduced game weeks will happen in a couple of weeks as well when Chelsea and Man City don't play because of the EFL Cup Final. 

A couple of people in my league have loaded Man city Players as they have a double game week.  Hard to know when to use the chips!!

Well, I'm still learning about all this stuff, but didn't have a bad week - (Hazard and Luiz had good weeks :)) - but I'm still 25pts behind the wife :(  (She's got Sterling, but even though he still didn't do much even with 2 games - it's just I'm too far behind to really take advantage of it... )