Sign in to follow this  
Bunyip

This err limit ?

I've noticed that there is now a limit as to how many posts you can put up or reply too on any given day on this forum. Does this apply to just me ? if not how many is it before we are stopped from posting ?

Edited by Bunyip

i once got banned for two weeks and this hasn't happened to me therefore you must have properly rubbed somebody up the wrong way

Edited by Stadt

36 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

I've noticed that there is now a limit as to how many posts you can put up or reply too on any given day on this forum. Does this apply to just me ? if not how many is it before we are stopped from posting ?

Mark hates you. :D

I've had a limit for such a long time.

Incredibly annoying and stops you being able to reply to people who ask you questions.

Contact Mark, I think he's the only one who can lift the limit. 

btw you can't send pms either once you reach your limit.

10 minutes ago, FIF said:

Mark hates you. :D

I've had a limit for such a long time.

Incredibly annoying and stops you being able to reply to people who ask you questions.

Contact Mark, I think he's the only one who can lift the limit. 

btw you can't send pms either once you reach your limit.

Thank god for that I was getting paranoid !  lol

44 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

What made you come up with your profile avatar?

Someone else produced it and it made me laugh. It's on the forum somewhere...

On 10/08/2018 at 16:39, Bunyip said:

So are you still limited?

Did you try and contact anyone - other than here?

Did they get back to you?

a post limit really kills humour and discussion - and helping people out who want information.

I guess a long term post limit is aimed at hoping the poster gets frustrated and buggers off.

Why do I have a posting limit? Quite simple really, you've either regularly spammed topics and been on a posting restriction, or have been seen as a troublesome poster, often involved in arguments spanning across alot of pages. Those are honestly the only reasons, and after a posting restriction  some members are moved into this group so that they don't carry on the same way, its usually temporary 

Who has posting limits? Not that many really, infact heres a full list so we can stop harping on about it.

724380891_postinglimit.thumb.png.46c940a69ec2a013f6e28ed76dc5fd33.png

How do I get removed from this list? Stop causing any bother/trolling/petty arguments whichever applies. As you can see above, some have failed. And the fact a few more of those on the list aren't even banned shows how lenient this site is really :unsure:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Mark said:

Why do I have a posting limit? Quite simple really, you've either regularly spammed topics and been on a posting restriction, or have been seen as a troublesome poster, often involved in arguments spanning across alot of pages. Those are honestly the only reasons, and after a posting restriction  some members are moved into this group so that they don't carry on the same way, its usually temporary 

Who has posting limits? Not that many really, infact heres a full list so we can stop harping on about it.

How do I get removed from this list? Stop causing any bother/trolling/petty arguments whichever applies. As you can see above, some have failed. And the fact a few more of those on the list aren't even banned shows how lenient this site is really :unsure:

Hi Mark can you unban my troll account that I set up last week to flirt with Finners, in reference to a funny series of posts in a particular thread last week. I don't want the account I just want to be able to log out of it so I can sign back with this account on my normal mobile browser

It would be greatly appreciated

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mark said:

lol im pretty sure most of those are the same person ;)

Ok, Mark thanks for the clarification. Not a criticism ( don't want to get banned again ) but maybe if we had been pm'd and told this at the time of the transgressions we could have measured our response to posts accordingly. But yes I take on board what you have said and I will think twice before posting as I genuinely like the site and most of the posters on it. 

6 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Hi Mark can you unban my troll account that I set up last week to flirt with Finners, in reference to a funny series of posts in a particular thread last week. I don't want the account I just want to be able to log out of it so I can sign back with this account on my normal mobile browser

It would be greatly appreciated

I’ve removed the ban so you can log out

On 16/08/2018 at 02:56, ozleicester said:

lol im pretty sure most of those are the same person ;)

I can vouch for the fact that only one of them is me, and I'm pretty sure on one other too :)

14 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I can vouch for the fact that only one of them is me, and I'm pretty sure on one other too :)

Im just kidding given the common discussion re multiple accounts etc.

1 minute ago, ozleicester said:

Im just kidding given the common discussion re multiple accounts etc.

I thought so, but it's quite annoying to be accused of such a thing with no real reason for it. Am I touchy? Guilty.

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

I thought so, but it's quite annoying to be accused of such a thing with no real reason for it. Am I touchy? Guilty.

touche :schmike: