Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ben Chilwell: A possible star in the making

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

he's better than Rose, Rose doesn't start for Spurs half the time

Rose is a decent player, but he's hit with off the field issues which looked to have knocked his enjoyment of football right out. Chilwell is the best bet for England, he could have 10 years at top level, rather than a 28yr old coming to the end of his days fairly soon. 

13 hours ago, davieG said:

Ben Chilwell reveals how Leicester City team-mate Danny Simpson sparked his big improvement
Chilwell credits Simpson for his rise to England's first-choice left-back

ByJordan Blackwell
11:00, 29 MAY 2019

Ben Chilwell has credited departing Leicester City full-back Danny Simpson as one of the reasons behind his rise to England star.

Chilwell has improved greatly over the past 12 months, establishing himself as one of City’s most consistent performers, one of the Premier League’s best left-backs and as Gareth Southgate’s first choice.

The 22-year-old has started five of England’s last six games and is in contention to be the Three Lions’ left-back for their Nations League final campaign, which kicks off with the semi-final against the Netherlands on Thursday, June 6.

Rewind one year and Chilwell was still battling with Christian Fuchs for a berth at City, while he was yet to make his senior England debut.

But determined to improve his game and reach the top, Chilwell sought the help of Simpson, who leaves City this summer after the club chose not to offer the right-back a new contract.

The pair engaged in extra training sessions at Belvoir Drive, Chilwell using Simpson’s defensive knowhow to become tactically better.

“When I first stepped into the first team, the year we won the league, I think Danny played nearly every game,” Chilwell said at England’s St. George’s Park headquarters.

“Danny won’t mind me saying this but he’s not the quickest or the strongest, but he never seemed to get caught out defensively.

“So that was something I wanted to talk to him about because for someone who is maybe not physically as blessed as other full-backs, to never get exposed defensively, I just wanted to pick his brains on that.

“We spent a lot of time after training where he was helping me tactically and with positioning, defending at the back post, talking to people around me. It helped me a lot.”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ben-chilwell-reveals-how-leicester-2917131

Really like that from both of them. Chilwell's got a really good attitude and he will go very far in the game, even further than he already has. Simpson strikes me as quite a loss for our dressing room really. I'm pretty sure having read that he'll go into coaching.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...