Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ben Chilwell: A possible star in the making

21 minutes ago, anstey blueboy said:

Has Ben been told not to cross the ball into the penalty area or has he lost a bit of confidence because all he seems to do is pass the ball backwards 

Decent scuffed shot/cross for Morgan's goal today

1 minute ago, worthosoriginals said:

some people are just happier moaning.

unhappy with selves, or with life? I don't know.

Just bizarre. We have England's best left back but apparently he's not good enough for us. Swear some of our fans would prefer us to be full of old journeymen players

• Haha 1

Barcelona will have got their man before everyone on here rates him.

He's got a touch of the Gareth Bale to him, now he has bulked up. He has already bossed some great players, and we await his 'Taxi for Maicon' moment with mixed feelings.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/03/31/spanish-giants-barcelona-and-atletico-enter-race-for-50m-rated-ben-chilwell/

'

According to The Sun, Barcelona and Atletico were extremely impressed with Chilwell’s performance during England’s win over Spain in October of last year, it’s understood that the Spanish giants have been keeping tabs on the 22-year-old as they sent scouts to watch him when England played Czech Republic last week.

Atleti see the Foxes full-back as a long-term successor to Filipe Luis and Barcelona see the ace as someone who can provide competition to Jordi Alba.

If the above report is true then we have no chance of keeping him. When Barca coming calling you don't say 'no'. 

If that was to happen it'd be very ironic. Mahrez spent year's with us tearing up the league whilst constantly sharing his desire to play at the Camp Nou in the press, only for a kid from our academy to come along and have one decent season and secure a dream move completely unsolicited lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ian_marshall said:

If the above report is true then we have no chance of keeping him. When Barca coming calling you don't say 'no'. 

If that was to happen it'd be very ironic. Mahrez spent year's with us tearing up the league whilst constantly sharing his desire to play at the Camp Nou in the press, only for a kid from our academy to come along and have one decent season and secure a dream move completely unsolicited lol

Tbh if the above was true I think a move to Atletico would be more likely. He'd be getting a lot more first-team minutes, at this stage in his career that's what he wants. I'm still optimistic we'll hold onto him for another year though. 

• Like 1

Not sure Ateltico can splash out £50m on a full back. CAM or Striker yes, but a left back? I doubt it. They'll probably sign a competent Uruguayan left back for €8m.

Edited by Koke

12 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Just bizarre. We have England's best left back but apparently he's not good enough for us. Swear some of our fans would prefer us to be full of old journeymen players

Completely agree. If people on here aren’t happy that we’ve got Chilwell at left back then the forum gets even weirder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Completely agree. If people on here aren’t happy that we’ve got Chilwell at left back then the forum gets even weirder.

This.  Chilwell wil get better and better.  ... as will madison.... ndidi ...ricardo...This is how our team moves on

• Like 1

I'm still bit confused at Manchester City and Barcelona interested at him

I know he's got potential, but that's only if he keep playing. 

Man city play passing game, using inverted wing backs, thats made them put central midfield there occasionally. 

Barcelona are simmilar but more technical team. 

Chilwell, while good at running up and down the pitch, still have problem in open play. His final ball aren't that good for our level, let alone for man city and Barcelona. His passing aren't awesome, even compared with fuchs. 

He still need a years or two to improve it. If he move now, he will hamper their passing side of game and might get relegated to the bench after. 

I really can't understand wheter those rumor are true. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/03/2019 at 11:02, Koke said:

Not sure Ateltico can splash out £50m on a full back. CAM or Striker yes, but a left back? I doubt it. They'll probably sign a competent Uruguayan left back for €8m.

Mr Koke, with respect as one of our longest serving players we've spoke about this before.

When you learn to correctly spell the name of the club that pays your handsome wages, then you can speculate about random Uruguayans we may or may not be looking at.

See you in my office Monday.

Enrique Cerezo

• Haha 1

He gets into great positions but 90% of the time he then wants to go backwards and the other 10% he rarely beats the first man. 

Has everything in his locker but needs to improve his first time crossing ability when his runs have already stretched defences.

He's a very good player and I think his crossing and passing will improve. At the moment I think the thing that could end up preventing him becoming a truly elite full-back is his lack of a right foot. The reason he ends up playing a square or backwards pass is presumably that opponents have figured that if they show him inside and onto his right he's nowhere near as comfortable going forwards.

There are weaknesses in his game but he's got plenty of time to work on them and he's a much, much better player now than he was a year ago, when I don't think many of us would have predicted he'd have the England left-back spot nailed down. If he continues to progress at a similar rate then very soon we're going to have an incredible player on our hands.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Royston. said:

So overrated.

However if he figures out an end product and a bit of composure man city will give us £50 million, mahrez and take iheanacho back.

"Overrated but if he slightly improved his game, Man City will pay effectively £135m for him"

Uh huh