Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ben Chilwell: A possible star in the making

why was he no passing to Barnes? maybe because it was basically their first game together on the left flank, and an understanding will take time to build, and before Ghezzal came on they looked to be starting to link up more

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

Think some of you on here would rather sell him and take the money and run and offer Fuchs a new 4 year deal. After all would you trust the club to spend any money wisely with the manager we have at the minute.

He seems to have spent his money wisely so far during his tenure, so this is an odd comment. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

Think some of you on here would rather sell him and take the money and run and offer Fuchs a new 4 year deal. After all would you trust the club to spend any money wisely with the manager we have at the minute.

all the big money flops were signed pre Puel, Puel's big money deals were Maddison and Ricardo

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, davieG said:

I like Chilwell. Seems like a fairly normal lad. Interesting that he got ‘shoved’ in at a Left-Back. They say all the best LB’s (and RB’s) are just failed wingers don’t they (no idea if he was a winger?) 

Edited by Manini

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After nearly costing us points last week Chilwell disappointed me again today. He really seems to struggle when he has to think quickly, something that Rodgers will want us to do more of in the final third.

He nearly got booked today for taking his time over a throwing in the first half-the ref went over to talk to him - but I've seen him spend that long when we're chasing a game and he's throwing it in the last minute, it's as if he struggles cognitively with the game sometimes...

He's a great athlete and can drive forward instinctively with grace but I really do wonder sometimes if he's got it in his locker to turn into that ultimate player we all hope he could be. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Collymore said:

After nearly costing us points last week Chilwell disappointed me again today. He really seems to struggle when he has to think quickly, something that Rodgers will want us to do more of in the final third.

He nearly got booked today for taking his time over a throwing in the first half-the ref went over to talk to him - but I've seen him spend that long when we're chasing a game and he's throwing it in the last minute, it's as if he struggles cognitively with the game sometimes...

He's a great athlete and can drive forward instinctively with grace but I really do wonder sometimes if he's got it in his locker to turn into that ultimate player we all hope he could be. 

He’s thick that’s why. 0 common sense. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Summed up by a decent run after we went 2-1 up and could have slipped Tielemans in for a 1 on 1 but there was minimal brain activity and Burnley went straight up the other end and nearly equalised. 

Football is full of could and ifs..!!!!

Barry could of made it 2-0...but nobody is having a dig at him...Tielemans could of put Maddison through...Barnes should of could of.!!!

The list goes on.....!!

Ricardo let in their different forwards during the whole match....My dad didn't bring me back a Steak n kidney pie & Vimto.at half time!!!

Could have had an assist this game, put a beaut of an early ball in, looks cert to get to Maddison (I think) for an easy-ish finish, but Vardy tried to take it down and fluffed it.

I'd much rather have Chilwell than damn near any other left back in this league. We are lucky to have him.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1