Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ben Chilwell: A possible star in the making

12 hours ago, worthosoriginals said:

the irony. some of our dim fans accuse ben of being thick.

but do keep finding ways to berate our players eh.

Moreso than rain on your wedding day (which I’ve never really understood to be ironic) 

the main  issue probably being that a large percentage of the peeps on here wouldn’t understand irony ....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

He looks like he might be a decent mid table premiership player one day. Possibly a LH side midfielder.Not quite got it positional  for defending yet .but will never get beaten one on one.A lot better prospect than Demari .

starting left back for England, wanted by Pep at Man City but is only a lower mid table player? seriously?

I wonder if he would be more popular if he had his own pun based clothing line and posted funny videos on social media?

Edited by Jimmy

10 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

He looks like he might be a decent mid table premiership player one day. Possibly a LH side midfielder.Not quite got it positional  for defending yet .but will never get beaten one on one.A lot better prospect than Demari .

He's arguably our best player and we're slap bang a 'mid table premiership' team.

9 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

starting left back for England, wanted by Pep at Man City but is only a lower mid table player? seriously?

I wonder if he would be more popular if he had his own pun based clothing line and posted funny videos on social media?

Assume you are comparing him to our other left back who won circa 70 + international caps and captained hid country into major tournaments.Also was integral in winning the premier league. He needs to spend a lot of hours watching and learning and he could become a better player. Lot of potential but still at a crossroads. 

Edited by cropstonfox

12 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

He's got a great engine but there is room for improvement in his game. Rate Ricardo as our best full back.

His game is obviously more complete, but he's also like 4 years older than Chilwell.

33 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Assume you are comparing him to our other left back who won circa 70 + international caps and captained hid country into major tournaments.Also was integral in winning the premier league. He needs to spend a lot of hours watching and learning and he could become a better player. Lot of potential but still at a crossroads. 

Chilwell is better than Fuchs is now though and that's what some people won't admit and that's why they have to keep tearing down Chilwell

10 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Chilwell is better than Fuchs is now though and that's what some people won't admit and that's why they have to keep tearing down Chilwell

Chilwell's defending isn't as good as Fuchs' yet, plays more like a LM (I'm not ripping on him)

1 minute ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

Chilwell's defending isn't as good as Fuchs' yet, plays more like a LM (I'm not ripping on him)

Chilwell isn't better than what Fuchs was in the title winning season no, but he is better than Fuchs is now, Fuchs last start he showed exactly why Chilwell has overtaken him

I know it's in vogue to slag off our young players because they're not already the complete footballer at the age of 22/post too much on social media/care about their appearance but even so I'm quite surprised by the continued criticism of him. Quite aside from the "he's one of our own" factor, he's been one of our better players this season and is probably one of the first names on the team sheet. He's not the finished article by any means and there are some areas of his game he needs to work on, but how many 22-year-old left-backs (or players in general) in the world is that not true of?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Guest said:

I know it's in vogue to slag off our young players because they're not already the complete footballer at the age of 22/post too much on social media/care about their appearance but even so I'm quite surprised by the continued criticism of him. Quite aside from the "he's one of our own" factor, he's been one of our better players this season and is probably one of the first names on the team sheet. He's not the finished article by any means and there are some areas of his game he needs to work on, but how many 22-year-old left-backs (or players in general) in the world is that not true of?

Quite right, clear we would be better off with a load of 27-28 year old journeymen. :blink:

It seriously...

Young teams do what young teams do whilst they grow, they don’t make fully experienced decisions.

I just hope our impatience does not result in further witch hunts for manager or young players.

This default position of “moan moan moan” is extremely tiresome, and is in fact more indicative of immaturity than these young lads trying who are trying to improve.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, anstey blueboy said:

Has Ben been told not to cross the ball into the penalty area or has he lost a bit of confidence because all he seems to do is pass the ball backwards 

What sometimes frustrates me with him is that he never whips crosses in first time, he loves having a couple of touches which slows down our play.

He has so many good qualities but this is one I hope he does more often.

• Like 1