Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Most overrated City player

Can’t remember which poster said it but I thought it was spot on.

Ndidi is basically just another Robbie Savage. Wins the ball back aggressively and then gives the ball to the better players. 

That doesn’t mean Wilf is bad, because Savage was very good at what he did. But like Robbie, Wilf is pretty limited.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shane said:

Can’t remember which poster said it but I thought it was spot on.

Ndidi is basically just another Robbie Savage. Wins the ball back aggressively and then gives the ball to the better players. 

That doesn’t mean Wilf is bad, because Savage was very good at what he did. But like Robbie, Wilf is pretty limited.

You've got to be kidding.

At 21 Robbie Savage was just starting out at Crewe in the old second division having been shown the door at United.  Wilf has just played in the World Cup.

I don't know what Robbie Sav's stats where but I doubt that he would have led the premier league for tackles won like Wilf.

Not in the same league.  Not even in the same postcode. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Gordon Banks. Everyone says oh look the Leicester player that won the World Cup but in reality he got booted out of the squad in the following season by a 16 year old.

Wrong! Peter Shilton was in his twenties when Gordon left. It was a choice of one or the other going, and Shilts had more years in him. Shilton played his first game at 16, when Gordon was injured. You need to get your facts right, before spouting off about something you know nothing about, sonny. Time you went back to your primary school, as the long holidays have had a pronounced effect on your ability to think.

Edited by DANGEROUS TIGER
  • Like 1

Ndidi i would have said last year but he seems to get less hype than last year.

He's good dont get me wrong but his passing was pretty poor last year. Seems like its improving.

I would probably say maguire is a touch overrated as he still isnt a great defender, and from what i've seen described about Ricardo today i'd add him to the list. Great going forward but he got done for the goal at united and i thought he was out of position loads in the first half today, not helped by Evans having a stinker.

Oh and Diabete. He's awful.

Edited by Abrasive fox

5 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

Sorry know all!

For a central midfielder with a defensive mindset, do you not think that tackles won, aerial duels won, times winning the second ball etc etc aren’t important then?

If not, what is? The number of ‘keepy-ups’ he can do?

Edited by Col city fan

Just now, Col city fan said:

For a central midfielder with a defensive mindset, do you not think that tackles won, aerial duels won, times winning the second ball etc etc aren’t important then?

If not, what is?

Being comfortable on the ball

3 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

Being comfortable on the ball

That’s not his game. He’s a destroyer who wins the ball and gives it to the teammate who IS comfortable on the ball.

At this, he’s excellent. You can’t do anything with the ball unless you have someone who wins it, over and over again.

I can only assume that this is why he’s been ever-present since he joined the club. To cite him on the over-rated thread is ridiculous. A lot of the thread has been ridiculous.

Just now, Col city fan said:

That’s not his game. He’s a destroyer who wins the ball and gives it to the teammate who IS comfortable on the ball.

At this, he’s excellent. You can’t do anything with the ball unless you have someone who wins it, over and over again.

I can only assume that this is why he’s been ever-present since he joined the club. To cite him on the over-rated thread is ridiculous. A lot of the thread has been ridiculous.

I disagree, I watch him every week and I’m fully entitled to my opinion, be as sarcastic as you want but you won’t change my opinion with statistics. The man cannot pass a ball and he’s far from the complete midfielder as people make him out to be, therefore I think he’s overrated.

2 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

I disagree, I watch him every week and I’m fully entitled to my opinion, be as sarcastic as you want but you won’t change my opinion with statistics. The man cannot pass a ball and he’s far from the complete midfielder as people make him out to be, therefore I think he’s overrated.

What are you disagreeing with? His stats? His ever-presence in the team under three different managers? Or his role in the team? I’ve just said he’s not a playmaker? That’s not his job. So are you saying he’s over-rated because he isn’t a playmaker?

:dunno: