Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Most overrated City player

Some proper random suggestions on here. I think some people think being a club legend means fans think they should have been Ballon D’or winners. How anyone can call the MON ‘overrated’ is a little strange, the reason they’re legends is because with the funds we had at the time top ten finishes were a massive overachievement, and the only comments I’ve seen is that with funding we could’ve challenged Europe, which isn’t that radical.

Saying that, rather than overrated, I think many supporters overestimated what O’Neil could have done in the numerous return links since the Pearson era. With how much football has changed in 20 years and the fact we’re virtually a different club since his era there’s no guarantee he would have been even average yet alone the second coming. 

The 07/08 team were tipped for promotion that year, so I guess that’s the number one overrated team we’ve had. Although whoever said that year’s defence, I’m pretty sure they finished with one of the highest clean sheet records that year so that’s a bit harsh if not pretty inaccurate lol 

4 hours ago, Master Fox said:

Actually the only real real decent players we’ve ever had are Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, Huth, Kasper. Everyone else have been rubbish 

Yeah, you mean 3 top 100 players ITW atm. (Kante has a case for top 30). 

Kante and Mahrez are both poty winners, Kante is also a WC winner and 2 time league champion. Don't know what are your standerds tbh. Especially seeing that you have Huth and Kasper up there. For me, Kante, Riyad and Vards are my top 3 of all time. 

Edited by the fox

Out of the current squad, for me it’s Chilwell, by far.

People seem to love him, because he joins in with the attacks, but he simply can’t defend, and that should be priority 1 for a full back.

He loses the ball with misplaced passes, and puts us under pressure in our own half.

He’s direct going forward, but still needs a better end product.

The amount of times last season that I found myself saying “****ing hell Chilwell!”

I accept he’s young and will improve, but people gush over him way too much.

• Like 1

Great thread! It’s interesting to see so many different opinions! I think non Leicester fans put Vardy and Mahrez on a pedestal too much during and after the title winning season in comparison to the rest of our players. Not necessarily saying they were overrated, more so the other key players in that team were underrated 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Manini said:

This is a proper weird thread - some of the shouts are just trying to stir argument for the sake of it I’m sure of it. 

Yeah. But we're loving it! Much better than a list of players Puel isn't going to pick in a formation he's never used. Proper pub fighting talk this!

Iain Hume spent that much time running around, he was always out of position. Fans liked him though, as he worked hard! 

Paul Gallagher - never got it. He was slow and pedestrian.

9 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Gordon Banks. Everyone says oh look the Leicester player that won the World Cup but in reality he got booted out of the squad in the following season by a 16 year old.

:pearson:

My God.......of all the comments I have ever read on this forum, this one really takes the biscuit!.I hope that this is a poor failed attempt to be sarcastic........but i have a nasty gut feeling it`s meant to be serious.........the Number 1 greatest player ever to represent our club and Country....Unbelievable, ...............totally Unbelievable

9 hours ago, Manini said:

This is a proper weird thread - some of the shouts are just trying to stir argument for the sake of it I’m sure of it. 

There can be no doubt that you are right, some of those named on here are without doubt some of the greatest players ever to wear the shirt!...the latest thread on here has named SIR Gordon as overrated! the greatest player the world has ever seen called him the greatest goalkeeper ever...and he was right !Sadly we will never see his like again.Everyone is entitled to an opinion but utterly ridiculous  is pushing it a bit!

33 minutes ago, Gordon the Great said:

There can be no doubt that you are right, some of those named on here are without doubt some of the greatest players ever to wear the shirt!...the latest thread on here has named SIR Gordon as overrated! the greatest player the world has ever seen called him the greatest goalkeeper ever...and he was right !Sadly we will never see his like again.Everyone is entitled to an opinion but utterly ridiculous  is pushing it a bit!

I get ever more convinced that a decent % of posters on FT don’t actually go to see games and have certainly never seen the players they are dissing in this thread.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I get ever more convinced that a decent % of posters on FT don’t actually go to see games and have certainly never seen the players they are dissing in this thread.

The match thread is full of people who tend not to go to games, by definition.