Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

International Break Boredom Thread - Funny Leicester City Moments

Going on to the pitch after last game of the season to take some hallowed turf home with me, then my mates friend from work pulled out a commando knife and started cutting up squares of turf, 3 feet from the police cordon. 

Went home with a 6 foot Ladbrokes advertising board with the Leicester badge in the corner and the broken back off my seat. Still in the garage somewhere.

20 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

West Ham at home in 2015.

The board goes up with number 15 on for a substitution. Jeff Schlupp starts walking across the pitch to go off only to be told by someone that it was in fact West Ham’s number 15 who was being subbed.

The best thing was, it was number 24 coming on when no-one had that number for us at the time for us lol

22 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

Streakers are always hilarious.    There have been a few over the years.

One memorable one was home to Norwich (1981-82).   We were losing 1-4 in a vital promotion game.   Everything was gloom and doom, until this lad came on starkers.

There were 2 streakers at the League Cup Final at Wembley in 1997. One from the Boro end, who was still wearing his boxers. And then one from our end who did it properly! The best thing was that he turned out to be Izzet's mate who had bet him to do it!

The scoreboard at Filbert Street which promised "Cinema like quality" but had constant freezes, crashes and missing pixels, managed to display "Derby County" with the "O" not appearing, much to our amusement.

Brian Hamiltons motivational pep talk tapes played over the tannoy before games, due to the broad Northern Irish accent the only words I could make out were "Commitment......Dedication......Determination.....Together....Unity", the rest of the too softly spoken to sound passionate, rallying cry, was drowned out by fans discussing the strength of their Bovril and temperature of the pies and other critical  issues. I seem to recall a fair bit of tape hiss on it too - they should have invested in a bit of Dalby technology.

Think it was an Under 21 International back in the mid to late 70's England v Bulgaria, so foggy couldn't see the person sat next to me, they played the Bulgarian national anthem for about 10 mins hoping the fog would lift, then about 10 mins of football during which all you could see was this orange ball drifting through the fog as if by magic, before they finally called it off.

10 hours ago, JamesWelshFox said:

Think it was an Under 21 International back in the mid to late 70's England v Bulgaria, so foggy couldn't see the person sat next to me, they played the Bulgarian national anthem for about 10 mins hoping the fog would lift, then about 10 mins of football during which all you could see was this orange ball drifting through the fog as if by magic, before they finally called it off.

I was there too (along with 6000 others). Nov 1979.

The Bulgarian national anthem went on for so long.  Every time you thought it had ended, it started up again on the next verse.   You tried to be respectful, but by the end of it everyone was giggling away.

The fog was so thick, if you stood near the half way line, you couldn't see either goal.    So we stood at the front of the kop, and could see about as far as the edge of the 18 yard area.  Absolutely farcical.   You spent most of the match just staring out into this empty white nothing.  Then you just started laughing at the insanity of it.

The lineman couldn't see anywhere near across the pitch (lucky to see half way), so there's no way the match should've been played.   But it was played and completed.   And ended up being 5-0 so I'm told ... as we only saw some of the goals.

The other funny thing I remember was Gary Birtles being booed every time he touched the ball.   We really did used to hate Forest in those days!

Edited by worth_the_wait

• 1 month later...
On 08/09/2018 at 23:36, JamesWelshFox said:

Same match as featured on an episode of The Likely Lads? :D

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Haha 1

On 07/09/2018 at 18:18, The Mixer said:

Mark Wallington gets an injury and goes off. Alan Young gets put in goal. Alan Young gets knocked out so Steve Lynex gets put in goal. Alan Young comes round and comes back on, in those days only one sub. Alan Young gets put in goal again.

The game restarted with young as an out field player. 30 seconds later the ref stopped play and called young over. Most thinking young was getting another red card. But no young had to go back in goal. 

If memory serves me right didn't young and Lynex both keep clean sheets?