Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

International Break Boredom Thread - Funny Leicester City Moments

1980s Steve Lynex swimming in a puddle at Filbert Street v Southampton, the match was abandoned. It was on Match of the Day.

1990s At half time Muzzy Izzett running out the Filbert street tunnel onto the pitch with an umbrella doing a jig (obviously it was raining). Happened during the O'Neill era but I have no recollection what match it was.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Roger Davies tripping over the ball v Cambridge Utd (2nd Division, 1978-79).  Very funny.

Unfortunately, Cambridge raced down the other end of the pitch a few seconds later, and scored.  So it ended up, not being very funy.

Truly shocking from Leicester's worst ever centre forward. Jock soon got rid.

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'm really hoping we get drawn away there in one of the cups so he can keep the run going.

They say the big players rise to the big occasions and this fixture was always a big occasion for him (or at least one half of it ?) and you just knew he would score every time just like Ronaldo, Messi, Ibra etc. always find a way in the big games

• Like 1

Losing 3-0 to Portsmouth by half time, early second half we got penalty, Agnew stepped up, guy in kop goes nuts hurling abuse at Agnew from upper tier, Agnew smashing pen so far over bar I swear to this day tried to hit the idiotic abuse at him.. 

Guest bss9401
15 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

Watching David Oldfield try to control a football was very amusing at times. 

Sadly I don't recall the exact game but it was while the Carling stand was being built. Oldfield got the ball on the halfway line, ran sideways past bewildered teammates and opponents, ran the ball out of play and fell face first into a tarpaulin. As much as I liked him he did have a habit of putting his head down and running with the ball without considering the direction he was facing.

Think Oldfield gets a bit of a raw deal from fans. He wasn't the greatest by any stretch but he was very decent for us in that early part of the 90s under Little.

Back on topic. I remember one game, although not the opponent, where Frank Sinclair cleared about 6 balls over the stands at Filbert Street during the first half. Someone had to go off down the tunnel to fetch another one. Think he's the only player I've seen clear the stand at the KP/Walkers too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pds said:

Think Oldfield gets a bit of a raw deal from fans. He wasn't the greatest by any stretch but he was very decent for us in that early part of the 90s under Little.

Back on topic. I remember one game, although not the opponent, where Frank Sinclair cleared about 6 balls over the stands at Filbert Street during the first half. Someone had to go off down the tunnel to fetch another one. Think he's the only player I've seen clear the stand at the KP/Walkers too.

I liked David Oldfield, it was just very funny sometimes watching him getting into a tangle trying to control the football. There were limbs everywhere. 

2 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

1980s Steve Lynex swimming in a puddle at Filbert Street v Southampton, the match was abandoned. It was on Match of the Day.

1990s At half time Muzzy Izzett running out the Filbert street tunnel onto the pitch with an umbrella doing a jig (obviously it was raining). Happened during the O'Neill era but I have no recollection what match it was.

2 hours ago, boots60 said:

Steve Lynex swimming in puddles.

Southampton at home.  Match abandoned.

Sorry PM didn't see your post.

Came in here to say Steve Lynex swimming too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1