Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

UEFA Nations League

1 hour ago, Lesta2014 said:

Didn’t realise this nations league was a big thing? Do we think it will catch on and become a ‘big’ or ‘major’ trophy to win?

I was really impressed with how seriously the teams and fans took the tournament. The Portuguese looked delighted to have won it!

13 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

If England hadn’t been at the tournament, it would have been half empty stadiums for all the games. 

Pretty much this. We even had more in the ground than the Dutch did lol

Disappointed in Henry Winters comments out there. "We love to write about English fans as journalist if it's TRUE or FALSE, it makes us lots of money". 

I thought we were brilliantly behaved out there in all honesty. Wednesday night local portugese started throwing glass bottles into the English at the fan zone and it 'kicked off' for what 10 seconds if that?! But yeah it's our fault as usual. 

You wont hear about us getting a guard of honour through the street of Guimaraes, playing football with the local kids and all the other good stuff weve done though will you? 

4 arrests in 5 days for over 20,000 that travelled out there. Not bad.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Didn’t realise this nations league was a big thing? Do we think it will catch on and become a ‘big’ or ‘major’ trophy to win?

Its probably the International equivalent of the the Community Shield. If we win, its massive, if we lose, it doesn't matter because its just a glorified friendly

11 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Its probably the International equivalent of the the Community Shield. If we win, its massive, if we lose, it doesn't matter because its just a glorified friendly

I would probably say its more than the League Cup. England, Netherlands and Portugal will have their eyes on bigger prizes but it would be a massive deal for countries at the level of Switzerland, Sweden and Croatia to win it.

5 hours ago, Nalis said:

I would probably say its more than the League Cup. England, Netherlands and Portugal will have their eyes on bigger prizes but it would be a massive deal for countries at the level of Switzerland, Sweden and Croatia to win it.

Bigging up England there aren't you, and that's half our problem.

This attitude that we are better than most. We have never won a euros and won 1 world cup on home soil along while ago. And cling to the fact we should maybe have won more in that time but we didn't.

I loved the last world cup, probably the most enjoyable tournament since 96 and 90. But why we have tried to modernise our style we are still a long way from the top draw, Infact it's probably a sign of how far others have fallen that we did so well.

We still have the likes of dier, delph, lingaard etc and they are terrible midfielders, not fit to lace kante or modric boots. We still have massive room for improvement and still need to stop the top club bias, can anyone tell me when Alli last played well for club or country.

Just got back today.

What a trip. Obviously we did Porto in the CL but enjoyed this far far more

Personally saw no trouble whatsoever (though we were round the corner from what happened on Wednesday night) The locals were friendly, English having a party on absolutely every street corner you turned 

The Nations League ideas a fantastic idea, long may it continue ???????

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Ashley said:

Pretty much this. We even had more in the ground than the Dutch did lol

Disappointed in Henry Winters comments out there. "We love to write about English fans as journalist if it's TRUE or FALSE, it makes us lots of money". 

I thought we were brilliantly behaved out there in all honesty. Wednesday night local portugese started throwing glass bottles into the English at the fan zone and it 'kicked off' for what 10 seconds if that?! But yeah it's our fault as usual. 

You wont hear about us getting a guard of honour through the street of Guimaraes, playing football with the local kids and all the other good stuff weve done though will you? 

4 arrests in 5 days for over 20,000 that travelled out there. Not bad.

I’d heard 2 arrests, you’ve heard 4, others say 12

Regardless of the number really, it’s less than the number of arrests made in Ashby on a Saturday night out

England away is so so good.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I’d heard 2 arrests, you’ve heard 4, others say 12

Regardless of the number really, it’s less than the number of arrests made in Ashby on a Saturday night out

England away is so so good.

Is it easy enough to get tickets when you're out there? Don't have memberships but a few of us thinking about doing Czech Republic away

2 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Is it easy enough to get tickets when you're out there? Don't have memberships but a few of us thinking about doing Czech Republic away

UEFA still had tickets for our game v Switzerland  on sale Saturday night for €10

Having said all the above- there will be no end of dickheads about in Prague ?

You can normally get tickets out there yeh but don’t expect them to be in the england end 

• Like 1