Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SkidsFox

Which is the best Star Trek series?

The Next Generation.

So many great themes elaborated upon - space exploration and human curiosity first and foremost, but also friendship, family, life, death, adolescence, war, peace, tolerance, hatred, liberalism vs. conservatism, responsibility, divisiveness, philosophy, religion (Q springs to mind), technology vs. nature, aso. And great actors assembled (for a science fiction series).

It's got it all.

Tops Deep Space Nine and Voyager for me.

As much as I adore the first series, by today's standards, it comes across as camp and cheap - and the tech gimmicks in the series haven't aged that well.

Enterprise was a bit of a mess, sloppy acting, cheap stories, all built on this very dominant patriotic notion.

Haven't seen the newest series.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxy boxing said:

I'd give Voyager a Seven of Nine.

I'd give seven of nine my voyager.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

The Next Generation.

So many great themes elaborated upon - space exploration and human curiosity first and foremost, but also friendship, family, life, death, adolescence, war, peace, tolerance, hatred, liberalism vs. conservatism, responsibility, divisiveness, philosophy, religion (Q springs to mind), technology vs. nature, aso. And great actors assembled (for a science fiction series).

It's got it all.

Tops Deep Space Nine and Voyager for me.

As much as I adore the first series, by today's standards, it comes across as camp and cheap - and the tech gimmicks in the series haven't aged that well.

Enterprise was a bit of a mess, sloppy acting, cheap stories, all built on this very dominant patriotic notion.

Haven't seen the newest series.

The first series was camp and cheap but we're talking about 1966. Have you compared it to what was around then?

Admittedly we already had the incredible Dr.Who but that was British.

At the time it was a great show and ahead of it's time. Leonard Nimoy was incredible. Kirk was camp but he always got the girl. Simply said without it the others don't exist.

As for DS9, I never really saw it as a Star Trek series - as crazy as that might sound - I think I classed it along with Babylon 5 and Farscape ( which I really enjoyed) - I preferred Stargate at the time.

• 1 month later...

Full of treckies this thread.

I'm a trecker! I even write Moogi on my mothers cards.

And while I'm at it there is no more Dr Who. Capaldi is dead. 13 generations; end of.

Apparently there is some other program now with some woman who must have nicked a timelords tardis. I will never let my eyes see this while I live.