Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 1- Everton 2 post match thread.

Morgan is naive for making the challenges but for me, on this occasion, Puel is equally responsible for allowing the situation to develop as it did.

We have been played by Everton, and neither Morgan nor Puel offered a solution to counteract Richarlison and his antics on the pitch.  Richarlison was up to it all game, it wasn't as if he was put up against Morgan in the second half to make his life more difficult having already been booked.  We allowed the situation to develop in the way that it did. 

The warning signs were there from the opening exchanges, the warning signs were there at Bournemouth, the warning signs were there at the tail end of last season, Morgan is past it when up against pace.  Our system leaves him too exposed and we've fallen for this now on one too many occasions.

I find this surprising considering the obvious experience both Morgan and Puel possess, but on this occasion, we've been set up good and proper.  Again.

It can't happen again.  Play someone else in the position.

43 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Morgan is naive for making the challenges but for me, on this occasion, Puel is equally responsible for allowing the situation to develop as it did.

We have been played by Everton, and neither Morgan nor Puel offered a solution to counteract Richarlison and his antics on the pitch.  Richarlison was up to it all game, it wasn't as if he was put up against Morgan in the second half to make his life more difficult having already been booked.  We allowed the situation to develop in the way that it did. 

The warning signs were there from the opening exchanges, the warning signs were there at Bournemouth, the warning signs were there at the tail end of last season, Morgan is past it when up against pace.  Our system leaves him too exposed and we've fallen for this now on one too many occasions.

I find this surprising considering the obvious experience both Morgan and Puel possess, but on this occasion, we've been set up good and proper.  Again.

It can't happen again.  Play someone else in the position.

There is your main issue, players get away with these antics to con the officials. Yeah it's tackles for fairly inconsequential fouls, but it needs to be stopped. Watching the replays, there is no way at all that the tackles hit enough richarlison to roll around. 

I disagree with people shouldering blame on Puel, Morgan should be aware of whats happening and either ask for cover or stop making stupid fouls. He said himself he didn't believe it was a booking, as has Puel.

Football is becoming a laughing stock due to players like Richarlison and Neymar rolling around the minute they're touched.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

Puel admit himself Iheanacho can't play wide. Where did he's impress as wide player? 

Also by inserting someone didn't only add something to the team but also loss something. 

Iborra will add more creativity than mendy, but less mobile. He have good and bad times as mendy did. 

It might made more sense for iborra to replace mendy during the match rather suddenly drop mendy with his current form. Our goal yesterday won't be happen if iborra were in his position, but of course there's chance goal come from somewhere else. 

Barnes play well but in lower level. He did play once for us last year in cup games. Call him too soon, once he play bad, people will start writing him off. No rush to recall him

We need balance. Don't made too rash decision 

Balance is exactly what I'm urging, as our attack at present is imbalanced and overly-reliant on Maddison's ability to create, and our defensive midfielders are both weak on the ball, with opposing defenses able to play off them and concentrate on keeping defenders near Maddison to ward off service  and to force him to quickly pass the ball when he does receive it. 

In contrast to either Ndidi or Mendy, Iborra is a more complete player, with skills diverse enough to competently play CB, DM, or AM. Right now, when we build from the back, we are predictable and often one-dimensional, with the team too often single-minded in looking for Maddison the way we used to rely heavily on Mahrez to create. Just like teams used to shade the defense towards Mahrez and quickly pounce on him with multiple defenders to force the ball off him, they now do the same thing with Maddison, only it is even more effective because Maddison operates centrally, where there are more potential defenders compared to Mahrez working on the wing. The consequence is the negative play we see so many fans complaining about as we go side-to-side or backwards with the ball as we reset and probe. 

We don't need to probe -- we need to fuching prowl. 

With Iborra, we would lose something defensively, I agree, but I suspect forcing defenses to account for a second playmaker on the ball would free up Maddison to be more effective in addition to adding more of an attacking threat in Iborra, which should more than offset what we lose defensively. We'd be much more dangerous as an attacking team. And let's not forget Iborra is a quality defender, the potential issue is his mobility, but alongside Ndidi last season he was very capable, as Ndidi is able to shoulder a larger defensive load than he does at present with Mendy beside him. Last season, it looked to me like Ndidi would cover a bit more width in the center, and would often funnel attackers towards Iborra, and if the attacker decided to go wide around Iborra, it took enough time that the backline would be in position. Certainly I don't remember playing Iborra to have been a consistent defensive problem for us, just the opposite. I agree that Mendy has played well, but it is very hard for me to gauge how much we would lose playing Iborra. 

16 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

Puel admit himself Iheanacho can't play wide. Where did he's impress as wide player? 

Also by inserting someone didn't only add something to the team but also loss something. 

Iborra will add more creativity than mendy, but less mobile. He have good and bad times as mendy did. 

It might made more sense for iborra to replace mendy during the match rather suddenly drop mendy with his current form. Our goal yesterday won't be happen if iborra were in his position, but of course there's chance goal come from somewhere else. 

Barnes play well but in lower level. He did play once for us last year in cup games. Call him too soon, once he play bad, people will start writing him off. No rush to recall him

We need balance. Don't made too rash decision 

Oh, you asked about Nacho -- the guy was largely absent yesterday playing in a central role but for one pass, his game is filled with shortcomings, and I don't think he adds much of anything whether he plays centrally or on the wing, so I don't really want to debate which one he sucks at more. He is poor everywhere, as he lacks the speed to beat players on the wing, he lacks the physical prowess to win duels centrally and be a target man, his work rate is poor when it comes to chasing defenders the way we like to press, and his effort is suspect. I really don't know what it is he is actually good at, save for scoring goals when fed point blank opportunities at Man City. 

When I suggested he might be more effective out wide, I was thinking that he could at least help us space the field. Our spacing was a problem Saturday, as playing in a formation with Vardy and Iheanacho in the middle, and Maddison looking to get to the middle whenever he could, we became very easy to defend, as Everton simply stacked the middle and tried to force us outside. If we are going to play Iheanacho -- which in all seriousness, the sooner we move him along, the better -- I'd rather have him help us by forcing the opposing defense to spread out more so that Maddison has more room to operate. And Iborra, preferably.  But I did say it was debatable, and I definitely think less of Nacho than the avg poster on this board. 

re Barnes, I agree there's no rush to recall him. I don't think we should recall him unless we're prepared to commit to giving him a run of games. But I am still keen to see him, and when a player tears up the Championship the way he is doing, that is typically enough for a Prem side to come calling and give him a run of games. We just happen to be spoiled for choice at his position, though none of our wings can provide the service he does. But we do need another playmaker or else Maddison is going to be increasingly ineffective as the season wears on.

4 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Second game of the season, were now in October, or did you forget that? 

I already mention some times that after that start, he looks rusty. That's why Morgan comeback for a while. Even againts Huddersfield he's still not match fit. Forgot already? 

Btw Blanchflower, one of my favourite man utd player name that. Are you his relation or some thing? 

Edited by Hanan96

6 hours ago, vanity said:

Oh, you asked about Nacho -- the guy was largely absent yesterday playing in a central role but for one pass, his game is filled with shortcomings, and I don't think he adds much of anything whether he plays centrally or on the wing, so I don't really want to debate which one he sucks at more. He is poor everywhere, as he lacks the speed to beat players on the wing, he lacks the physical prowess to win duels centrally and be a target man, his work rate is poor when it comes to chasing defenders the way we like to press, and his effort is suspect. I really don't know what it is he is actually good at, save for scoring goals when fed point blank opportunities at Man City. 

When I suggested he might be more effective out wide, I was thinking that he could at least help us space the field. Our spacing was a problem Saturday, as playing in a formation with Vardy and Iheanacho in the middle, and Maddison looking to get to the middle whenever he could, we became very easy to defend, as Everton simply stacked the middle and tried to force us outside. If we are going to play Iheanacho -- which in all seriousness, the sooner we move him along, the better -- I'd rather have him help us by forcing the opposing defense to spread out more so that Maddison has more room to operate. And Iborra, preferably.  But I did say it was debatable, and I definitely think less of Nacho than the avg poster on this board. 

re Barnes, I agree there's no rush to recall him. I don't think we should recall him unless we're prepared to commit to giving him a run of games. But I am still keen to see him, and when a player tears up the Championship the way he is doing, that is typically enough for a Prem side to come calling and give him a run of games. We just happen to be spoiled for choice at his position, though none of our wings can provide the service he does. But we do need another playmaker or else Maddison is going to be increasingly ineffective as the season wears on.

The problem with nacho is more about consistency rather than ability. He show some glimpses of potential. Last season he scores againts the likes of arsenal, score header (forgot the opponent), score long shoots, while in some other match like last against Everton, he's disappear. He didn't work well last time. 

It could be because of consistency. The likes of chilwell and gray are have some in run match 90 mins while nacho will mostly played some mins and dropped the next game, or start the game but substituted whatever happen, even when he's made assist and goal in same match he's somehow be replaced while madison still unable to play full 90

I disagree with him wide. He is innefective there. Would rather give left sided place to madison, gray, albrighton, or even ricardo there. 

He will eventually become striker so should develop centrally 

Iborra as no 10 also made sense. He could offer more there. He's not agile enough as midfield two, but still surely able againts some opposition like he did last year. Playing as no 10 will be better for him as well adding aerial ability for us. Unfortunately puel only did that once, nobody ask him why so far unfortunately, so no enough explanation here. 

About Barnes I do agree if you mean recall him and loan him to epl club. 

17 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

I already mention some times that after that start, he looks rusty. That's why Morgan comeback for a while. Even againts Huddersfield he's still not match fit. Forgot already? 

Btw Blanchflower, one of my favourite man utd player name that. Are you his relation or some thing? 

Firstly you didn't mention that, bit odd to say you did?

Blanchflower and United? - may want to check your facts again my friend. 

Up at 7am Saturday....game starts early here....asleep/comatose/slothed out on the couch by 7:30am I'm guessing....yep I stuck it out for roundabouts 30 minutes....we are an incredibly boring team....knocked me right out....what happened? just woke up an hour ago and apparently it's Tuesday?

20 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Firstly you didn't mention that, bit odd to say you did?

Blanchflower and United? - may want to check your facts again my friend. 

It seems I can't wach all post I have written like another forum. So I will write again but in short. 

Puel wants evans to partner maguire in the back while developing soyuncu and benkovic. Howewer he's injured so he can't play for a while. Morgan did decent job tought. 

As soon as evans recovered from injury, he's start againts wolves, then he show how he's far from match fit while Morgan, he has no injury problem and fully fit. But puel play him anyway. 

After that game, we have away match, and home but against Liverpool. Team like Southampton and Bournemouth are no way much worse than us, and we are away from home. With evans still rusty it will be big risk to put him in such games. He need to wait until Huddersfield game, home match. Coincidentally wes got suspended

In this game he still look rusty and didn't show anything like he's much better than wes form. With the likes of everton, arsenal, and away match at Newcastle, its really too risky to put him there. I'm sure he will start againts cardiff and oust morgan once he's fully fit. 

Coincidentally morgan is suspended for arsenal game so more gametime for him. If he played againts Tottenham u23 before arsenal and Southampton cup games, he surely will be sharper and could be our first choice cb alongside maguire. 

Morgan is more about luck and hard working atm but he will be phased out in the meantime

And regarding to Blanchflower here he is

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackie_Blanchflower