Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 1- Everton 2 post match thread.

3 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Also, Gylfi scored a worldie. Yes, we gave him too much space for it but that's because they used their extra man to drag apart an opening. We were defending well up until Wes got sent off. I could see the gap in our defence from SK2 - it was good play from Everton.

Maddison closed him straight down but he just made him look silly with a intelligent bit of skill. 

• Like 1

Still can't fathom how we've spent 22m on a right back we now don't trust, Evans a hugely experienced centre back still can't oust a struggling Morgan and why sign a number 10 (called up to England squad) and play him out wide to accommodate Kelechi who clearly will never cut it for us. Granted the latter wasn't Puels signing but these are confusing. After the screw ups of Slimani, Musa etc we should be wiser.

Would like Puel to be given time however. 

Just now, Mark said:

Should but still regularly waste millions, Ghezzal the worst one yet IMO

I did say after watching him a couple of times that Ghezzal looked very average. And was shouted down by the usual suspects.

But he don’t look much does he? Can’t see a lot personally.

Not to push the issue too much but last time I checked you don't score if you don't hit he goalie thing between the posts and the crossbar .WE had 2 attempts in 90 plus minutes..Hardly sparkling form while Kasper made at least 6 saves and got done twice as well.

Got to start hitting the target  with shots and crosses(Chilwell !) 2 or 3 attempts a game isn't going to win anything.

2 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

I think our main issue is whilst Mendy and ndidi are great at working hard and retrieving the ball, neither are going to unlock a defence with a pass or switch play 40/50 yards. No creativity from them. I think we need to play one with either Iborra or Silva. Personally I quite like silva and his style of play so would give him a go. Looks like he isn’t in Puel plans though.

The defensive problems are one thing but Mendy... we move the ball too slow against Everton and he's the worst for it. He's not got a footballing brain, he's always in the wrong position, he gives the ball away cheaply, can't tackle, can't shoot, can't travel forward with the ball. He gives us some energy by running around like a headless chicken and that's probably it.

You could could see wes getting jis marching orders a mile off.  After booking 1 then puel should have subbed him.. perhaps putting amarty on richarlison and albrighton on wing to pull ricardo back.

For me kasper at fault for both goals.... the first he flapped and didnt get enough on it.  The second he was sleeping and caught out.

Nowhere near enough chances created... out shots tally way too low for home game v everton 

I thought both Mendy and Ndidi were poor tbh and I still struggle to understand why we play both of them. 

Having two similar players in essentially the same role just seems like a luxury we can’t afford, especially when it comes at the expense of playing Maddison on the wing. 

Morgan actually looked OKish for the first half but was clearly struggling by the time he got sent off. 

I hope Evans now gets a decent run in the team so he can actually build a partnership with Maguire. 

I’ve said it before but by Christmas they will almost certainly be our first-choice centre-half pairing, so the sooner they can actually start playing together the better. 

• Like 2

On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 16:57, Brooksy said:

Time to fvck off Wes

Or just say you want him to leave without the swears. Have you forgotten how immense he'd been in the title winning season. Surely he deserves more respect?

• Like 3

I’m struggling to understand why so many think one of our two holding midfielders needs to be creative? They are holding midfielders!  Kanté is a freak ....... look at most sides playing two holders and how many of them are creative??  The four up top plus the overlapping full backs is where the forward momentum comes from. (Theoretically )

• Like 2

7 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Does anyone know just how many of the 8 league games Everton have played this season where the opposition have finished the game with 10 on the park?

I reckon it could be 5 or 6!!

2, which is same number of games they finished with 10, and one of those was the softest "butt" you'll ever see.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I’m struggling to understand why so many think one of our two holding midfielders needs to be creative? They are holding midfielders!  Kanté is a freak ....... look at most sides playing two holders and how many of them are creative??  The four up top plus the overlapping full backs is where the forward momentum comes from. (Theoretically )

I don't think anyone says they need to be solely creative, but having a playmaker in the midfield akin to Drinky who can ping a ball without having to work it across the pitch with 5 passes is an asset. You can have defensive minded midfielders with a good passing ability as well, it's not mutually exclusive.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 3

Morgan’s silly decision seems to have deflected Kasper best Spider-Man impression for the first goal. Seems easier to do three other things than what he did. I.e. stand still and catch it; leave it for Chilwell to head away; or leave it and shout out to Chilwell to leave it so it could fly out of play.

28 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I don't think anyone says they need to be solely creative, but having a playmaker in the midfield akin to Drinky who can ping a ball without having to work it across the pitch with 5 passes is an asset. You can have defensive minded midfielders with a good passing ability as well, it's not mutually exclusive.

This is the perfect way to explain the midfield issue! 

29 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Let’s get drinky back then!. Iborra doesn’t cover enough ground to do the job against good opposition and silva isn’t strong enough IMO 

On 06/10/2018 at 09:45, Ricey said:

Same shit different week.

Slow, sloppy start with no intensity or bravery.

Lots and lots of sideways passing and no one brave enough to look forward.

Takes an event to get us going, in this instance a goal from a counter. We look good once we are injected with some fight.

If behind, Puel takes off our best player and only player likely to create something.

At all times a back 4 is maintained, even when we need to throw the kitchen sink at a match.

Wes is mostly to blame today, but I still seeing nothing from Puel to appease my fears about him.

Maddison is running far too much the first 60 minutes as a consequence of the extra defensive attention he is receiving. The word is out, you stop Maddison, you stop our attack, he is seeing two defenders in his face any time he gets the ball within 35 yards of the opponent's goal, so he is running far more than he is used to trying to evade defenders, and then as the game progresses he begins dropping deeper to receive the ball so he can get more involved without being jumped by defenders, and his play begins to suffer significantly because he no longer has the speed to be effective. Very hard to fault Puel pulling an exhausted player who has stopped being effective. 

Now, if you want to criticize who is replacing him with, fine. If he were playing centrally as a 10, I think Iborra might make some sense there, he has the ability to spring Vardy or our wings with a pass into a dangerous area, and would provide a bit more defensive stability in the middle as well. Yesterday though, we had Maddison out wide, Iborra couldn't play that position, though obviously we could've moved Iheanacho out wide (where he is arguably most effective) and let Iborra slide into the no 10 position. It isn't perfect, but it would probably help our attack far more than what we've been doing.

Though I still think it makes more sense to start Iborra for Mendy and have him help Maddison with the playmaking duties. Though I'd be keen to see what Harvey Barnes might do for us out wide in January, he duplicates quite a bit of Maddison's skill set, it would force the defense to play us more honestly rather than doubling Maddison in the opposing third to force a quick pass the way we're seeing of late.

7 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Still can't fathom how we've spent 22m on a right back we now don't trust, Evans a hugely experienced centre back still can't oust a struggling Morgan and why sign a number 10 (called up to England squad) and play him out wide to accommodate Kelechi who clearly will never cut it for us. Granted the latter wasn't Puels signing but these are confusing. After the screw ups of Slimani, Musa etc we should be wiser.

Fair enough, if he starts learning from the mistakes he’s making, which you’ve stated above. If he’s too stubborn to do that then he isn’t going to help us move forward.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

He oust morgan againts wolves and shown that he isn't match fit. Did you forget that already? 

7 hours ago, vanity said:

Maddison is running far too much the first 60 minutes as a consequence of the extra defensive attention he is receiving. The word is out, you stop Maddison, you stop our attack, he is seeing two defenders in his face any time he gets the ball within 35 yards of the opponent's goal, so he is running far more than he is used to trying to evade defenders, and then as the game progresses he begins dropping deeper to receive the ball so he can get more involved without being jumped by defenders, and his play begins to suffer significantly because he no longer has the speed to be effective. Very hard to fault Puel pulling an exhausted player who has stopped being effective. 

Now, if you want to criticize who is replacing him with, fine. If he were playing centrally as a 10, I think Iborra might make some sense there, he has the ability to spring Vardy or our wings with a pass into a dangerous area, and would provide a bit more defensive stability in the middle as well. Yesterday though, we had Maddison out wide, Iborra couldn't play that position, though obviously we could've moved Iheanacho out wide (where he is arguably most effective) and let Iborra slide into the no 10 position. It isn't perfect, but it would probably help our attack far more than what we've been doing.

Though I still think it makes more sense to start Iborra for Mendy and have him help Maddison with the playmaking duties. Though I'd be keen to see what Harvey Barnes might do for us out wide in January, he duplicates quite a bit of Maddison's skill set, it would force the defense to play us more honestly rather than doubling Maddison in the opposing third to force a quick pass the way we're seeing of late.

Puel admit himself Iheanacho can't play wide. Where did he's impress as wide player? 

Also by inserting someone didn't only add something to the team but also loss something. 

Iborra will add more creativity than mendy, but less mobile. He have good and bad times as mendy did. 

It might made more sense for iborra to replace mendy during the match rather suddenly drop mendy with his current form. Our goal yesterday won't be happen if iborra were in his position, but of course there's chance goal come from somewhere else. 

Barnes play well but in lower level. He did play once for us last year in cup games. Call him too soon, once he play bad, people will start writing him off. No rush to recall him

We need balance. Don't made too rash decision